Gojira

• Thread starter MetalheadMC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Most wood is a natural easily sustainable environmentally friendly resource. Why is that a bad thing? The power needed and pollution produced by everyone listening to the new song would be infinitely worse compared to a few new instruments if we are going to go down that road.

Yea, like a plastic or synthetic guitar would have really made the message authentic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
Most wood is a natural easily sustainable environmentally friendly resource. Why is that a bad thing? The power needed and pollution produced by everyone listening to the new song would be infinitely worse compared to a few new instruments if we are going to go down that road.

I noticed this on a Within Temptation official video. The mix was awful but a fan uploaded the song a few months later and it sounded way better. They must be exporting the audio in a lower quality for YouTube without realising.
You do know that one of the big issue in Amazonia is companies cutting down the trees right?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
You do know that one of the big issue in Amazonia is companies cutting down the trees right?

That’s incorrect. They aren’t destroying the amazon for the wood, that’s a by product. They are mostly clearing land for agriculture and the rural expansion needed to farm it. Almost 80% is driven by cattle alone. Most of the vegetation is burnt or shredded then and there. With fluctuations in the global of to beef and grain there is noticeable drops in deforestation, in many places laws had put almost a stop to deforestation. Until recently there was a continuous decrease but the forest fires which were started maliciously and with the distraction of Covid there has been a huge increase.

Guitars made from sustainable plantations in North American and Asian wood arent to blame. The simple issue is the rise in global population and the need for cheap food. In the EU they want to cut way back on farming and import most of the food from South America. They are slowly trying to pass trade agreements that will make this happen. One was only briefly stopped cause of the forest fires in 2019 but they will try again.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
You sure about EU trying to cut back on farming and opt to import food? The moment you depend on importing food you are in disadvantage. Russia had thiss issue and they try to import less and produce more.
Im not saying you are wrong its just that it seems strange to me.

mpexus

Reaction score

Did you type that while feasting on a succulent Burger or piece of Meat that wastes more water than it costs and also need huge amounts of grains that those animals don't even eat as their natural diet? Guess were the land to farm those grains comes from...

If you we are going to preach about something then we need to be conscious about everything we do in life as well.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
Did you type that while feasting on a succulent Burger or piece of Meat that wastes more water than it costs and also need huge amounts of grains that those animals don't even eat as their natural diet? Guess were the land to farm those grains comes from...

If you we are going to preach about something then we need to be conscious about everything we do in life as well.
Having trouble reading? I'm not the one singing about amazon forrest.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
You sure about EU trying to cut back on farming and opt to import food? The moment you depend on importing food you are in disadvantage. Russia had thiss issue and they try to import less and produce more.
Im not saying you are wrong its just that it seems strange to me.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...-beef-deal-that-will-affect-ireland-1.3942932

The EU can't further open up foreign markets to export to without importing something back in. They've been trying for years and this deal was really pushing for it. It would put countless farms out of business across Europe because you can't compete against cheap food.

We are one of the biggest exporters of Beef in the world, its clean with very high welfare standards, exporting 85-90% of what we produce but they are trying to bring in schemes like culling 5% of herds and environmental schemes to make sure farms don't expand. In a country that can easily produce and sustain double what we are currently producing the EU are in constant talks to try and stop us in favour of cheaper South American beef. 50% of farms make a loss here and its only subsidisation that keeps them running.

It's mad there isn't more outcry about it. Europe looks good by getting its carbon footprint down by burning the Amazon.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Feels like something left over from Magma. Not a bad thing imo. Mario's drumming makes it way more interesting of a song structure wise imo. I'm not even a drummer but his riffs always make me want to pick up drumming.

nightlight

Reaction score

oh fuck yeah

Verse sounds a bit like Bleed, just a slightly different syncopation.

Anyone else think the chorus sounds like something more metalcore/radio-friendly than Gojira would normally do?

I really like the outro though, super heavy riff there.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Verse sounds a bit like Bleed, just a slightly different syncopation.

Anyone else think the chorus sounds like something more metalcore/radio-friendly than Gojira would normally do?

I really like the outro though, super heavy riff there.

Gojira's been using that picking pattern for a long time, Esoteric Surgery used it and that was back in 2008. Not entirely sure if they woulda copied it from Bleed or not because they were already working on that album before Obzen came out.

Chorus does sound radio friendly. The song, to me, is both heavier and lighter than the previous tunes at the same time.. intro/verses/outro are heavier but the chorus has the mainstream sound for sure.

nightlight

Reaction score
Gojira's been using that picking pattern for a long time, Esoteric Surgery used it and that was back in 2008. Not entirely sure if they woulda copied it from Bleed or not because they were already working on that album before Obzen came out.

Chorus does sound radio friendly. The song, to me, is both heavier and lighter than the previous tunes at the same time.. intro/verses/outro are heavier but the chorus has the mainstream sound for sure.

I know that they usually have that kind of feel, for example on L'enfant sauvage. But listen to the riff right after the intro, it sounds literally like Bleed, you could even juxtapose Jens Kidman signing over it.

More than the riffs, I don't like the lyrical content in the chorus. "Raise your fists"? I mean seriously, is Gojira going down that road too, ffs?