Gojira

• Thread starter MetalheadMC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Just rediscovered them a few days ago it's been awhile since I listened to them, the new single adds to this return nicely, looking forward to hear more!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Gotta listen to it again with proper headphones tomorrow, but I didn't get super excited so far :shrug:
Well, I did get super excited over the fact that a new album is probably coming sometime soon, but the actual song felt a bit anticlimactic. I might be totally wrong though, since I only gave it a quick spin on my phone.

Cyanide_Anima

Weeee!
Reaction score
New song seemed pretty uninteresting. If this was put out by a different band that no one had heard of pretty much no one other than their gf's and moms would care. I don't hear that passion in the riffs and song structures and vocal delivery that they had a while back.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
... not much to that song, is there? The solo section was nice, but overall, its a pretty dull tune.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming there's an album to go with it, if it's like Magma, there will be a few pretty simple straightforward songs and some more traditional Gojira semi-prog heaviness

Stranded and Silvera are both super simple and are far and away their most popular songs so obviously they're gonna do that again

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Y'all if Gojira figured out FTL travel and is getting off this rock then I'll buy every new album from them to tag along.

Cool video (had a good laugh at the end :lol:), cool solo section, but I agree that the rest of the song is pretty much cookie cutter Gojira. I'm not surprised after the last album so my expectations weren't very high.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Got a bit bored half way through. I’m not the biggest Gojira fan but they are one of the best live bands I’ve ever seen. I feel their music comes across much better in a live situation.

gotta second this point.

If you havent seen Gojira live and you dig their music, I would highly recommend making it happen. Let's hope this covid malarky doesnt last too much longer.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Got a bit bored half way through. I’m not the biggest Gojira fan but they are one of the best live bands I’ve ever seen. I feel their music comes across much better in a live situation.
They are phenomenal live. I haven't seen a band as consistently good live besides maybe Slipknot or Dying Fetus.

Track is pretty meh for me even though I'm a huuuge gojira fanboy. It feels like a b-side off of Magma.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
They are phenomenal live.

Yep, the best I would say. Saw them on their From Mars to Sirius tour, and goddamn... I had only discovered them a little while before that, but after that show I was completely sold.

Oh and I finally got a chance to listen to the new song properly, and yeah, it's a bit boring. I mean the first verse sounds kinda promising, but then the chorus comes in and they just do the same thing over and over. If it was my song, I would put some heavy AF blasting thing between the verse and the chorus, and I think that would already make it way more interesting.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
I thought the knew single was pretty bad ass when I heard it yesterday.

But I am a massive Gojira fan, and I was over half a fifth of vodka deep, so there's that. lol

And they are one of the best sounding/performing live bands I've ever seen. Saw them on the Magma tour and they were phenomenal.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
I'll keep being on standby until something Mars-to-Sirus-like drops from these bosses again :)
You mean the heavy stuff?
I definitely get that sentiment and I think it’d be cool to but, we have to understand that these guys are also simply getting older and their sound changes over time as well.
I’d be surprised if the new album is not following the route they took with Magma.