Guitarmory Pickups - General Consensus and changes

VeibaeSimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pretty much as the title says for the first half but secondly I think it's quite interesting to see a lot of the models are gone, was there some major discontinuation across their line or are they still available through email, etc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos804

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Noticed that Patrick Sheridan isn't listed as an artist on their website either or his pups.

Berzerker7620

Reaction score
I ordered a Cauterizer from these guys pre Covid. Paid for and confirmation emails saying it was on the table being built. Fast forward, and Devin has left them and went to Balaguer. I’ve contacted them multiple times. Mike, the owner/sales rep, has called me and even left me text messages, saying that Pitbull audio had a mercenary he was going to get and retrofit the base plate for me. That was almost 2 months ago. He has ignored my emails for a refund and about getting me my pickup. Fuck these guys and don’t do business with them.

Xiphos804

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I ordered a Cauterizer from these guys pre Covid. Paid for and confirmation emails saying it was on the table being built. Fast forward, and Devin has left them and went to Balaguer. I’ve contacted them multiple times. Mike, the owner/sales rep, has called me and even left me text messages, saying that Pitbull audio had a mercenary he was going to get and retrofit the base plate for me. That was almost 2 months ago. He has ignored my emails for a refund and about getting me my pickup. Fuck these guys and don’t do business with them.
Damn that sucks dude. Sorry to hear that.

Xiphos804

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m hoping the dude at least refunds me, because at this point I’ve lost interest in trying their product out.

Best case scenario, I prevent anyone else from getting in a mess with these clowns.
Yeah dude, that's no fun. That's pretty much why I only buy from the big brands now.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Wow. Jesus.

Honestly I've not even thought about pickups after I got my Elysian Goliath set, and for an upcoming custom I'm going whole hog on EMG for noiseless single/split coil reasons. Guitarmory were never an option for me for other reasons, but wow this story sucks, I'm sorry you had to put up with this dude...
I’m hoping the dude at least refunds me, because at this point I’ve lost interest in trying their product out.

Best case scenario, I prevent anyone else from getting in a mess with these clowns.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
They did a “Guitarmory pickup run” for a small-time Chinese headless guitar brand GOC back in like 2019/2020. As far as I’m aware they didn’t deliver any? Maybe some people got theirs? Idk.

I entered my info when I purchased, then the guitar came without their pickups due to manufacturing issues. And after a while I requested a refund/didn’t get it. I chalked it up as a loss and a lesson. I mentioned it in a thread once and someone from there responded that “they were still being worked on”. So I let it be.

But yeah, it was an unfortunate situation in that I think order volume was higher than expected or something (I REALLY don’t care, I only care about my money). But that’s the last time I paid any attention to them.

I hope others got either the pickups or a refund off that “sale”.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I bought two basic black 7 string sets from them around 2020/2021? and it took over 6 months to get them delivered. I had to contact their customer support dude, who gave me attitude just for asking when they'd be done. I got lucky because Adam from Elysian Pickups was winding for them, and he made sure they got shipped out next day to me after I told him about the situation.

I've tried a bunch of their old models and they're comparable to other boutique options ime, but idk if I'd recommend the brand currently due to my last experience with them.
PreCOVID they were much more on top of shipping and were easy to recommend.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Atlas is such a nasssttyy sounding pickup , I'd love to try them out . A shop in Canada has few available but they seem pretty uncommon otherwise . I checked and Patrick isn't on , weird but probably just lack up updating . Wonder if it's worth grabbing his set ?

Berzerker7620

Reaction score
Wow. Jesus.

Honestly I've not even thought about pickups after I got my Elysian Goliath set, and for an upcoming custom I'm going whole hog on EMG for noiseless single/split coil reasons. Guitarmory were never an option for me for other reasons, but wow this story sucks, I'm sorry you had to put up with this dude...
A lesson learned for sure. Hope everyone reads this thread and just sinks that dudes business.

Berzerker7620

Reaction score
Du
They did a “Guitarmory pickup run” for a small-time Chinese headless guitar brand GOC back in like 2019/2020. As far as I’m aware they didn’t deliver any? Maybe some people got theirs? Idk.

I entered my info when I purchased, then the guitar came without their pickups due to manufacturing issues. And after a while I requested a refund/didn’t get it. I chalked it up as a loss and a lesson. I mentioned it in a thread once and someone from there responded that “they were still being worked on”. So I let it be.

But yeah, it was an unfortunate situation in that I think order volume was higher than expected or something (I REALLY don’t care, I only care about my money). But that’s the last time I paid any attention to them.

I hope others got either the pickups or a refund off that “sale”
Man, that is so bogus! Sorry to hear you also got the good old bait and switch from this POS.

Purelojik

Reaction score
Honestly all i plan my builds around are either Elysian Pickups or McNelly Pickups. I've tested adams pickups at the very beginning of his TAP concept till now and they are easily some of the best out there in my book. I'll gravitate to them for my modern stuff and McNelly for my vintage stuff.

My Last build in is the Luthiers section at the top with forum members builds and that seven string has a pair of Trident II Hellfire Hybrids from Elysian. Easily some of my favorites.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score

Good luck with that. Michael still owes me $7400 over two years after I stopped working with him. I doubt I ever see that.