Haley Williams: Still a psychopath

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter8451

Reaction score
To this specific article, it really is telling how quick it is that the female vocalist becomes the center of attention IMMEDIATELY. Lord, look at No Doubt... they had the "Don't speak" video all about how everyone wanted them to sell-out by making Gwen the face of the band, so they lasted co-equal for about one album and then she was catapulted to being the "face" of the band and then she left them for a solo gig. Look at Evanescence and the whole "Everybody's Fool" thing and then she pretty much fired the whole fucking band, pursued continuing on with the name and/or a solo thing. It's a pretty constant theme and it blows. :noplease:

EDIT: Excuse me, I was thinking of "Going Under". She was already clearly a self-centered cunt by the time "Everybody's Fool" was out.

It seems that happens with every mainstream band with a female singer, you're right. I never really even looked at it that way.

What's crazy about this situation is that the shit started before the band even got off their feet because of the parents. I mean, I guess Hayley told her dad hey I'm in this band and then BAM the dad saw a way for her to get famous so he started controlling everything and got her a manager? :scratch: those details in the story are kinda vague but it seems like they did some basement jamming for a few months and then Hayley's parents pushed her into the big business side of music and shoved the band aside.

At that point the band shoulda just moved on I guess :flame:

Moral of the story is if you're gonna have a female vocalist then you either need to be a metal band (Arch Enemy) or she has to be too ugly and untalented to outshine the band :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
A very big pull and attraction to Paramore is the how much they appear to care about and reward their fans, thus the whole thing of developing the band as a grassroots effort. It gives the band far greater longevity.

As such I'm getting a significant level of amusement from the amount of butt hurt that the hardcore fans who got into it for this reason are evidently feeling, and how many of them are becoming rabid dogs against the defectors that are Josh and Zac Farro. For example...

How could you do this to us? To your fans, the people who adore you and are in inspired by you. To your friends, because you must have been friends with Hayley and Jeremy. And not even the statement, the past few years of pretending to be happy and pretending that everything was great ):. Why would you do such a thing. I was devastated when you guys left, but that is nothing compared to how I feel now.

This is a comment taken from the now ex-guitarists blog, and really I'm amused, but also want to grab the person and loudly let them know that this is how the business works, and if they want to follow a band who are honest and sincere, then they should follow one who run their band as a business.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I actually think Hayley Williams is a moderately talented singer and a poor lyricist.

She seems to base her voice on Katy Perry and Claudio Sanchez these days - get your own voice bitch.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ totally agreed, the only female fronted band i can think of that doesnt seem to have that ethic is To-Mera or to a lesser Extent The Birthday Massacre. Both the bands are pretty indie though, given the chance of fame and spotlight who knows what would happen.

A lot of the 'hate' seemed to direct itself toward Williams' father. You recon it could be a case of pushy parents also? I know the band is very religious but could there be some correlation between that and the reason why her father went on tour with them. I'd imagine that would cause a lot of tension.

You're probably onto something there, for sure. The reason you see a lot of exceptions to this in Indie bands is because they're doing a lot of their marketing and stuff on their own. Unless they're comfortable with whoring out their front-person for attention (which even some indie bands are), you've got ~4-5 dudes that have just as much say as anyone else and would probably prefer to keep it a group effort.

The other part you're probably spot on about is management, even more specifically, parents pimping out their kids (in this case, and several others, daughters). You'll remember Jessica Simpson's dad talking about how great her rack was, Lindsay Lohan's mom pushing her despite the fact her life was falling apart from it, Drew Barrymore addicted to coke before she was even a true-teenager because her mom was trying to keep her "buddying up" to people in the business, and so on. It's not a stretch to think that Hayley's dad was behind a lot of this.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually think Hayley Williams is a moderately talented singer and a poor lyricist.

She seems to base her voice on Katy Perry and Claudio Sanchez these days - get your own voice bitch.

:lol: True.

I really like Paramore, musically. Given, it always felt kinda mindless and this drama leaves a bad taste in my mouth about it, but the music was fun... some of the part-work had some unique hooks to it, etc.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
The best part of that statement for me was the insight into Paramore's beginnings with their record label. It makes me wonder how many other bands are following strategies like that.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Between this and my own personal experiences, I doubt I'll ever work with a female singer. If that makes me sexist, then guilty as charged.

Seriously though, I've had a female singer..... WHO KNEW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC......ask us to do covers of songs that clearly have electronica in the background and we were just a regular 5 piece band. And when there was a particularly hard bassline that my buddy Jeff couldn't nail off the top of his head, the bitch started complaining to everybody about how bad he sucks. Really? The man has been playing bass since you were still gliding through the hole in your dad's condom. Yet you wanna bitch about his apparent lack of talent?

/tangent

It seems to me that there were many red flags here that didn't get noticed. I'm sorry but if I have to talk to your manager about things instead of you regarding a band that we're all supposed to be in, I'm leaving. From day one there clearly was no intention of Hayley working with the rest of the guys and wtf is up with her dad following her around on tour? From the statement there seems to be some butthurt coming from the statement due to the "breakup" as well...

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Between this and my own personal experiences, I doubt I'll ever work with a female singer. If that makes me sexist, then guilty as charged.

For quite some time, I had really wanted to start a symphonic band with, of course, a female singer. However, every time I found one, they tried to act as if they're just as good a vocalist as Tarja when all they really had was her diva attitude that you can smell a mile away. It's been really fucking disheartening, and it's pushed me to the point where I just want to do something else musically.

I don't think it makes anyone sexist to not want to put up with a huge bitch.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
I like how in the litany of things wrong with the situation, the lyricist writing something which might be seen to contradict the Bible* is up there with "being treated like shit" and "not really being a band." Strange priorities.

*(The good lord frowns on your word-play! Except when he's talking about not suffering witches to live. Or about creating the world in seven days. Then he's being metaphorical. You're not allowed to metaphor, puny humans.)

Meatbucket

The Minotaur
Reaction score
I'd find it extremely hard to work with female musicians, especially in metal and even more especially if they are attractive and EVEN MORE SO if they play guitar. Why? Because my peepee would be struggling not to attack them. :[ I just couldn't put myself under that stressful situation, plus most of my time wouldn't be spent on writing and playing music.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
A lot of the reason they appealed to me first was because they were actually put out there as a band, no just Hayley. I didn't know her name for the longest time. Kind of lame knowing how it was the whole time.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score

i posted my tits on the web and i liked it!
even though my nips are non exsisten.

i was a bitch to my band just to try it!
my red hair makes me look like a dip shit.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
You're probably onto something there, for sure. The reason you see a lot of exceptions to this in Indie bands is because they're doing a lot of their marketing and stuff on their own. Unless they're comfortable with whoring out their front-person for attention (which even some indie bands are), you've got ~4-5 dudes that have just as much say as anyone else and would probably prefer to keep it a group effort.

The other part you're probably spot on about is management, even more specifically, parents pimping out their kids (in this case, and several others, daughters). You'll remember Jessica Simpson's dad talking about how great her rack was, Lindsay Lohan's mom pushing her despite the fact her life was falling apart from it, Drew Barrymore addicted to coke before she was even a true-teenager because her mom was trying to keep her "buddying up" to people in the business, and so on. It's not a stretch to think that Hayley's dad was behind a lot of this.

hahaha. dude dont you have a girl singer for your band?

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score

Seriously though, I've had a female singer..... WHO KNEW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC......ask us to do covers of songs that clearly have electronica in the background and we were just a regular 5 piece band. And when there was a particularly hard bassline that my buddy Jeff couldn't nail off the top of his head, the bitch started complaining to everybody about how bad he sucks. Really? The man has been playing bass since you were still gliding through the hole in your dad's condom. Yet you wanna bitch about his apparent lack of talent?

/tangent

It seems to me that there were many red flags here that didn't get noticed. I'm sorry but if I have to talk to your manager about things instead of you regarding a band that we're all supposed to be in, I'm leaving. From day one there clearly was no intention of Hayley working with the rest of the guys and wtf is up with her dad following her around on tour? From the statement there seems to be some butthurt coming from the statement due to the "breakup" as well...

the first time i tried to play live, my sister was going to sing. i was going to be on lead guitar. my dad on bass, my bro on drums, my friend/guitar teacher monte on guitar. we wear allowed 5 songs wich was perfect cause that left 1 song per person. we were all going to be respectful to the other player abilities and not try to pull some really hard songs for any one. now i have sung pleanty of times, i find nailing a guitar riff more difficult than singing my version of a song. i asked my sister to do guerilla radio, no. edisons medacine? no. renegade? no. turns out she was only willing to sing pat benetar songs. i like pat but.......hmmmm. girl singers + stage= shitty music and drama.

except randy's band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts