Haley Williams: Still a psychopath

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I'm not a Paramore fan but I listen to the radio occasionally and whenever I hear 'Playing God' to me it sounds like a blend of those two artists. Katy Perry does a very specific thing with her voice that Williams copies on this song and some of the note choices (and in fact the delivery) in the chorus are identical to Sanchez.

Just my opinion bro :yesway:

what he was trying to point out is that Paramore were an active band, and recording YEARS before Katy Perry. Making your opinion of one copying the other an impossibility.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, who knew stage dads could be more evil than stage mothers?

I have a feeling this is how the band "Halestorm" acts as well.

I wonder how many artists on Atlantic are actually "real."

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
who the fuck are paramore and why is this such big news? Never even heard of the band.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
I wonder how many artists on Atlantic are actually "real."

The question isn't that, but really how many supposed legitimately grassroots bands are as they seem.

The music business is active to make one thing, money, and they sure as hell know how to make it by exploiting every single demographic that they can, including the relatively cynical and passionate group that is 'rebellious teenagers' who care whether they are listening to bands who mean what they sing, who have worked hard to get where they are, and who care about nothing as much as the music. Paramore is a perfect example of the business pulling the strings with a band so as to dupe the audience this way.

And yes, Hayley Williams is a total psycho hose beast.

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
The question isn't that, but really how many supposed legitimately grassroots bands are as they seem.

The music business is active to make one thing, money, and they sure as hell know how to make it by exploiting every single demographic that they can, including the relatively cynical and passionate group that is 'rebellious teenagers' who care whether they are listening to bands who mean what they sing, who have worked hard to get where they are, and who care about nothing as much as the music. Paramore is a perfect example of the business pulling the strings with a band so as to dupe the audience this way.

And yes, Hayley Williams is a total psycho hose beast.
Actually, the whole "label starting a band then making them appear genuine" is very common and has been for years.

A lot of the "true" bands of yesteryear were bands like this. Hell, what happens also is a band gets a following, then is changed by a label to be what the label wants once they get signed.

Dan

Reaction score
damnit i go to sleep for a few hours and i miss a ton of awesome title changes :lol:

Any more news on this whilst i have been napping?

Is hayley really the second coming of christ?

Have the 2 brothers joined Creed yet?

Have hundreds of distraught teen paramore fans threw themselves into the sea?

:rofl:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
what he was trying to point out is that Paramore were an active band, and recording YEARS before Katy Perry. Making your opinion of one copying the other an impossibility.

I don't see how considering that the tracks I've heard from Paramore before this one never incoporated this style of singing.

Think about what you're saying, it's not an impossibility at all.

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
I don't see how considering that the tracks I've heard from Paramore before this one never incoporated this style of singing.

Think about what you're saying, it's not an impossibility at all.

I don't hear any vocal styling in Playing God that I haven't heard in another song of theirs before. :scratch:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Its just music. Who cares?

Nothing I read is going to stop me from listening to the music I do. :shrug:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score

Just for the record, Katy Perry released a record in 2001 as Katheryn Hudson. Thats not to say that her first record was like what she does now.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing I read is going to stop me from listening to the music I do. :shrug:

Same here, but music is a "package deal" for a lotta people. If they thought their favorite band was a "real band" that ground it out from the bottom up to get where they are, only to find out the singer (and only the singer) was signed to a major label before anything of substance even existed and the purpose of their existence was "sell, sell, sell"... that could impact their desire to continue listening. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts