Heres the full scoop on the jackson 7s at namm

• Thread starter 7STRINGWARRIOR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
depends on if you like Carvins and the "carvin sound" or not

True and good point as the stock Carvin p-u's would be outta there pretty quick ha. Maybe the DiMarzio Crunch&Liquid would be what I try first as I have not used them but I do like the D-Sonic's I have had.

I also wish Carvin would just charge the bit extra for the OFR like my MIK Loomis has, it really works nicely. Per Carvin it is due to their neck width that they use the LFR with a tad narrower string spacing than the OFR.

For the money I LUST Carvins. :yesway:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
22 frets on the DR7T was epic fail (imho).

That entire line up of the DR7, DR7T, DX7 etc all were epic fail. This stuff if true should be of way way better quality.

I'm listening and waiting patiently for a 7 string dinky or soloist....:agreed:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh god... oh no :( I'm going to have to buy this, and I'm broke. Great.
Jacksons are my first love, I only really play Ibanez because they make absolutely fantastic 7s, and pretty damn amazing 6s too, but given the choice I'd go with Jackson, and if they release a shit-hot 7 string, well, it's going to have to be mine!

I've never actually played any of the existing Jackson 7s though. But i hear they are poop :( Hope this is gonna live up to Jackson soloist standard!

Sebastian

Reaction score
I've never actually played any of the existing Jackson 7s though. But i hear they are poop :(

:spock:

To be honest I really liked the DR7 - with better pickups. Personally I would take a DR7 over an RG1527/Xiphos7 any day, and the COW7 is absolutely amazing.

Go find a Jackson 7 and play it :yesway:

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
This is doing nothing for my GAS. Almost every 7 I've played has felt uncomfortable after a week or two (thank you I.T.) however Jackson necks are so damn comfy for me I may risk it!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
That entire line up of the DR7, DR7T, DX7 etc all were epic fail. This stuff if true should be of way way better quality.

I'm listening and waiting patiently for a 7 string dinky or soloist....:agreed:

My KE7 (which is from the same line) plays and sounds wonderfully. You can see that the finish is bland, but after putting new pickups and hardware on it there's nothing I can complain :shrug:

In fact, as the neck is so awesome (on mine at least, much better than any Ibanez I've had), I've been considering having a new body built for it.

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
I already told that there was a new 7 string Jackson soloist about 5 months ago, but no one seemed to follow my topic...

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully they release a 7-string version of the SL2H. :) A 7-string SL2H-MAH would be even sweeter.

this would be epic:agreed:
this is basically what Bernie is building for me right now, except it's a rico not a jackson:shred:
I have an Sl2H-mah 6 string soloist and it's a beast.