How about that Misha Toneforge?

• Thread starter Stijnson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snarpaasi

Reaction score
Those are probably my favourite tones Ola has ever got. It responds so well to his pick attack and with the highs curved off it sounds much smoother when he really digs in. The mid range really comes out without getting clanky. I've always loved tones with a low-mid emphasis so I'm in a bit of a minority there with how modern pickups and pedals are voiced with a hi-mid emphasis for djenty tones.

Compared to Fortin, this JST seems to have better capabilities dialing in those low mids.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
How high do you have to boost it to hear a difference in 20k? That's more or less the top end of human hearing, and most people over 20-25 years old aren't gonna hear much over 18k.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
It's an honest question. Most people wouldn't even worry about anything up that high on a guitar because even your "air" is gonna be 10k-16k and much above that is just noise. Did you mean 2k?

vertibration

Reaction score
It's an honest question. Most people wouldn't even worry about anything up that high on a guitar because even your "air" is gonna be 10k-16k and much above that is just noise. Did you mean 2k?

All I meant was there was a difference in how the JR and Misha plugins perform in the EQ section. I noticed the JR has high cuts much more at 20k turned all the way down than the Misha plugin

I am not disputing if 20K is audible or not

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Yeah Ola's demo sealed it for me too. I don't think anyone could convince me that this plug in sounds good outside of an edited mix. I love Misha as an artist, I love Periphery, I love literally everything about them basically (read motto) but I think this plugin REALLY just missed the mark to me. Really unfortunate

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Yeah Ola's demo sealed it for me too. I don't think anyone could convince me that this plug in sounds good outside of an edited mix. I love Misha as an artist, I love Periphery, I love literally everything about them basically (read motto) but I think this plugin REALLY just missed the mark to me. Really unfortunate

I'm sure @bulb will throw in a picture of Mark for you, if you ask nicely

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
*clever response*

That Tele is pure magic!
I bet! It’s absolutely stunning. I’ve got a lake placid, rosewood board American Special that’s incredible; but that thing is another level

musicman61554

Reaction score
When I use this I only get sound when I add it as an effect to my track.......I want to have instant sound like when you plug into an amp you hear the sound as you play. I have read to put the VST on an Aux Track......that didnt work of course I could have done it wrong. I have been looking around and really havent found a solution. Anyone have experience running amp sims and being able to play them instantly instead of recording a dry track then adding the effect? Im using Sonar Platinum.