I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Then it got fixed
Maybe this is the disconnect, because it reads to me like the original owner was still dissatisfied after the fix. I say this because he still complained about it, claimed to have not verified several of the fixes, and then sold it practically immediately.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
You think, you don't know. The issue being you're very affirmative in the extent to which you think and we're very affirmative in that not being satisfactory qualification in regard to knowing, then you publishing it as such.

The OG OP from the original shit bitching thread on TGP.

In the same way I think but don't know that it rained last night because the ground is wet in the morning, I think but don't know that these tuners were merely loose rather than poorly indented and sent with the wrong washers because the crazy boomer that tore his guitar in half on sight, misaligning it and the setup and then blamed kiesel's initial setup and the supposedly warped truss rod instead said so, while the guitar tech at Kiesel said that they were just loose.

Again you're entitled to your opinion and it's fair enough I suppose.

The original guy received a guitar that shouldn't have passed QC. Then it got fixed. Our OP here is digging up that drama for his own content even though the original buyer acknowledges it was fixed in the end. There is value in people posting about their purchasing experience, positive negative or mixed.

Then, separately, Kiesel has a history of ignoring issues and making up excuses after the fact. See roasted maple fiasco, "5A" tops, photo provided colour match to another Kiesel not being achieved and then Jeff saying it can't be done. Etc. There's a bunch of them, and in that context, this is an example of good customer service relative to Kiesel.

Forgive me if I have a short fuse on Kiesel apologia, given this is the brand that has previously paid this forum to take down bad reviews.

Speaking of reading comprehension, you could check out these other things about the situation that I've said that would add come clarity into your cliff notes about it. Or if you're not interested in that, for your convenience I've made a short, concise video detailing them!

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Sensational reading comprehension bro.

If the options are 70% good guitar 30% return/repair/discount, then I want a company that deals with the latter gracefully. Like Carvin used to do. Kiesel no longer does that. Forgive me if I blame the CEO for policy changes, maybe the buck stops somewhere else and Jeff has no say over such things?

It's easy to find janky Carvins. Think of the guitar that had side dots on the wrong side. But the difference back then was Carvin dealt with the issues without calling anyone an idiot and people were happy with the interaction.

Also, the prices went up long before covid. See: $600 finish up charges for sparkle paint back in 2017.

Just curious, have you ever purchased a guitar from Carvin or Kiesel? I'd like to hear your experience. Also consider that California's laws and regulations are allot more strict than other states in the US, so maybe some policy changes and price changes have to do with that and not "Jeff being a dick". The fact that you have to go after my reading comprehension shows that this is very personal to you. Please take all your Jeff hate out on me lol. Jeff's an ass I get it, but lets try to keep it about the guitar and it's quality and not your personal thoughts on Jeff. There's allot of good people who work there and some have been there since it was still Carvin.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Just curious, have you ever purchased a guitar from Carvin or Kiesel? I'd like to hear your experience. Also consider that California's laws and regulations are allot more strict than other states in the US, so maybe some policy changes and price changes have to do with that and not "Jeff being a dick". The fact that you have to go after my reading comprehension shows that this is very personal to you. Please take all your Jeff hate out on me lol. Jeff's an ass I get it, but lets try to keep it about the guitar and it's quality and not your personal thoughts on Jeff. There's allot of good people who work there and some have been there since it was still Carvin.
This is the part reading comprehension refers to. The part where you didn't understand the words I wrote. So, thanks for evidencing that claim. The quality is irrelevant when my point is that there were severe mishaps under both regimes, and the handling of same.
Even in your own post you say that Carvin made a "quality guitar" and then you say the quality hasen't changed, so Jeff is your real problem? :facepalm:
Speaking of reading comprehension, you could check out these other things about the situation that I've said that would add come clarity into your cliff notes about it. Or if you're not interested in that, for your convenience I've made a short, concise video detailing them!
That's not what reading comprehension is. And again. The situation is about you saying "this guitar has no problems, what was the guy upset about?" when the guy explained that what he was upset about was fixed.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
My only real "bad" interaction with Kiesel was that they put the wrong top on the guitar. The top they put on mine was even better that the one I originally ordered and they gave me $500 off lmao.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
This is the part reading comprehension refers to. The part where you didn't understand the words I wrote. So, thanks for evidencing that claim. The quality is irrelevant when my point is that there were severe mishaps under both regimes, and the handling of same.

That's not what reading comprehension is. And again. The situation is about you saying "this guitar has no problems, what was the guy upset about?" when the guy explained that what he was upset about was fixed.

You ignoring extremely pertinent details of a situation and cherry picking only the ones that align with your already established view, and again your botched paraphrasing of my words that you're continuing to display, is absolutely reading comprehension my friend.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score

So you've never purchased a Carvin or Kiesel and the quality is irrelevant? Sorry my reading comprehension sucks lmao.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Kiesel customers, amirite? It's mbardu all over again.

Lmao man you seem like a really nice guy and way to totally dodge my questions. :lol: If someone reading this is thinking about getting a used or new Carvin/Kiesel maybe take people's advice who actually have one and not people who just jump on the hate wagon with no experience. Only reason I posted in this thread is that I hate seeing people post positve things and at the mention of Kiesel people wanna hate. People who for the most part have no experience with them at all. Going back to playing my sweet ass guitars. PEACE!

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
This is the kind of communication breakdown that pretty much never happens in real life. It's an internet exclusive. I'll bet irl we'd be friendly and you'd give me shit for my taste in guitars while I'd order your drink for you because you're uncomfortable that it's so specific but you've always been a picky one and that's ok.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how did you manage to determine that the guitar you bought was the one that was complained about 4 years ago? I may have missed it in here.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how did you manage to determine that the guitar you bought was the one that was complained about 4 years ago? I may have missed it in here.

The pictures were really bad on the website that I ordered it from, but it said 'great condition' and it was only $900 so I ordered it. While I was waiting for it to arrive I was gassing to see more of it, so I googled "dark blue Kiesel Vanquish" and one of the first pictures in the image search was a folder of this guitar linked to the thread.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Lmao man you seem like a really nice guy and way to totally dodge my questions. :lol: If someone reading this is thinking about getting a used or new Carvin/Kiesel maybe take people's advice who actually have one and not people who just jump on the hate wagon with no experience. Only reason I posted in this thread is that I hate seeing people post positve things and at the mention of Kiesel people wanna hate. People who for the most part have no experience with them at all. Going back to playing my sweet ass guitars. PEACE!
Yeah, nobody's mad because it's Kiesel. That is very obviously not the thing being complained about.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
See when I asked that he didn't answer

It's one of the first things that I explain in the video.

I think it's clear that you didn't watch the video though, and I think it's also very clear that you've done virtually no research into any of what's happened during this while incident but have a very strongly formed opinion of the situation based on what little you've skimmed, and you're oddly more than content to argue that opinion forfeiting any valid details that are raised until your fingers are sore and brother I'll be honest, I fucking respect the dedication.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
See when I asked that he didn't answer

Man your video comprehension skills need some work, and it's funny how you complain about people not answering questions. Maybe you didn't even read the questions I asked you in my post.:lol: You really look like an ass on here. Mk I'm out now for real lmao.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score

Man your video comprehension skills need some work
There are a lot of people on this forum who (well within their right) do not want to click over to another site and watch a video while they're on a forum where text is the primary (or basically sole) way of communicating between members.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
So you've never purchased a Carvin or Kiesel and the quality is irrelevant? Sorry my reading comprehension sucks lmao.

Yes, it is. Because no part of what's being discussed is pertaining to the quality of the guitars Kiesel builds. If they were consistently pumping out nothing but turds they wouldn't still be in business.
The point is that when they do pump out a turd, because every manufacturer does, how should you expect them to respond? And from many folks' perspective, under Jeff's leadership, the answer to that question is "don't expect much." That's the issue, that's why Jeff's name gets brought up. He's the man in charge. He dictates company policy. It's ultimately up to him to decide what level of customer service is acceptable; and if he is "kind of an ass," then that doesn't paint a very reassuring picture, does it?

I'll admit I've never played a Kiesel and Kiesel fans / the brand get what is probably an unfair amount of flak on this board. I've seen some that look like fantastic instruments and I am sure that the vast majority of them are excellent guitars. But part of the reason for that attitude you have to deal with is because you guys bring this smug, obnoxious energy whenever someone has anything to say about Kiesel. Again; I get it- when people talk down at you or at a brand that's done right by you that you would go to bat for your gut instinct is to swing back, but come on man have some tact.

Here you go fishing for views again :lol:
I find it endlessly entertaining that the reason I opened this thread was because despite not visiting this site for years, I recognized your username from another shitshow thread about Kiesel from ages and ages ago and this thread delivered exactly what I expected it to.

Gotta say I do agree with some of the sentiment that it feels like the point of this whole thing is just to fling mud at the guy that bought the thing originally and I don't think it should be surprising that that rubs a significant amount of people the wrong way regardless of what was or wasn't accurate about his claims or what Kiesel did or didn't do to fix it. I also think you know that because you seem to enjoy stirring the pot a bit. Not even throwing shade, I think it's hilarious. Glad you got a sweet deal and I got some free entertainment out of it.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

I think it's clear that you didn't watch the video though, and I think it's also very clear that you've done virtually no research into any of what's happened during this while incident but have a very strongly formed opinion of the situation based on what little you've skimmed, and you're oddly more than content to argue that opinion forfeiting any valid details that are raised until your fingers are sore and brother I'll be honest, I fucking respect the dedication.
You answered the other guy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.