I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Appreciate the post! Sorry that allot of people tend to wanna start hating as soon as they see "KIESEL" lmao. I posted a shout out thread about their customer service not too long ago ( https://sevenstring.org/threads/shout-out-to-kiesel.364455/ ) and it seemed to generate allot of unwanted hate. It's really sad because when someone has a good experience with Kiesel people on here tend to hate dogpile on them. I think there's allot of people out there who paid an arm and leg for something a Kiesel can blow out of the water, and internet hate seems to help validate their purchase. I have 6 Kiesels and they all have been rock solid and punch well above their weight. Fuck the haters and keep doing you man!
:2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gclef

Reaction score
Holy crap do people respond to kiesel threads! Lol

I stopped in tp say that i have a 2001/2 carvin H2 holdsworth.

It a cool guitar. When i got it, there was a significant fretboard issue at the body joint where the actionncpuldnt lower past a certain point.

They took it back, and albert personally leveled it. Its been 20 plus years and it is still good to go. I rarely play it these days

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I enjoy how whether or not youtube links gets criticized comes down entirely to whether or not the forum decides they like you, seemingly regardless of how much engagement in the forum comes from it.

GuitarJon posts a new thread for just about every video on his channel, and it's very "youtuber" content. But he gets a pass because folks like him, and he engages with the forum. Lord V does exactly the same thing, engages just as much, and this is "bad" for "reasons".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm a long time Guitar Jon hater.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
I'm a long time Guitar Jon hater.

Me too. I've no idea who he is, but someone posting a filthy, clout chasing 4 minute video instead of a short story about their guitar experiences is no one I'd want to get to know, that's for sure. Anyways I'm off to go ramble at my local barista about how off putting I find her tattoos and pink hair and talk to their manager about her attitude, brb.

Appreciate the post! Sorry that allot of people tend to wanna start hating as soon as they see "KIESEL" lmao. I posted a shout out thread about their customer service not too long ago ( https://sevenstring.org/threads/shout-out-to-kiesel.364455/ ) and it seemed to generate allot of unwanted hate. It's really sad because when someone has a good experience with Kiesel people on here tend to hate dogpile on them. I think there's allot of people out there who paid an arm and leg for something a Kiesel can blow out of the water, and internet hate seems to help validate their purchase. I have 6 Kiesels and they all have been rock solid and punch well above their weight. Fuck the haters and keep doing you man!
:2c:

I mean I really like Kiesels, but Kiesel has provided a few fairly valid reasons to dislike the brand. It's just that guitar forums are like...if you do something once that people don't like as a whole, you're cooked. I was no different for quite a while until I started going to NAMMs and meeting people, playing guitars, etc. and in reality everyone's fine. Legators, Solars, Kiesels, Strandbergs, Jacksons, GOCs, whatever, they're all good guitars ran by nice people.

Heretick

Nunc Stans Soldier
Reaction score
NO THE YOUTUBE PSYOP WORKED ON ME AHHHHHHHHHHH

(For real tho, I watched your vids on the cheap John Petrucci clone guitar and enjoyed them so I subbed lol)

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey, remember you're at the place where everytime the Jackson Custom Shop is mentioned, someone has to bring up the infamous 23 fret Kelly. Yet the thousands of flawless CS Jacksons around doesn't seem to exist :lol:
I’d pay big money to have a 23 fret Jackson CS .

Speaking of which , anyone link me to that post ? Could use a good chuckle today .

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
A youtuber walks into a bar.

SSO: ¯\_(oO)_/¯

Please clap.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
People don't realize that forums are "old" internet and people still like going to them because a forum isn't web 2.0 or 3.0, even though modern forum hosting software can interface with that web 2.0-3.0 stuff. Oldheads want to share their stuff with other oldheads. You have to be an old head with cred or appeal to oldheads if you want them to stop throwing tomatoes at your youtube videos.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
People don't realize that forums are "old" internet and people still like going to them because a forum isn't web 2.0 or 3.0, even though modern forum hosting software can interface with that web 2.0-3.0 stuff. Oldheads want to share their stuff with other oldheads. You have to be an old head with cred or appeal to oldheads if you want them to stop throwing tomatoes at your youtube videos.

But not too old. We don't want to go full Beato in here.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
NO THE YOUTUBE PSYOP WORKED ON ME AHHHHHHHHHHH

(For real tho, I watched your vids on the cheap John Petrucci clone guitar and enjoyed them so I subbed lol)

Ah thanks dude I appreciate you

Dude I post videos on here rather often and can't recall a single other thread where people have taken this tone about me doing it. That aside though, I feel that I've always been a pretty divisive forum dweller, where people seem to either like me quite a lot or rather dislike me and that's totally ok. I'm 35 and frequently make videos, I've come to terms with the fact that people will dislike me at times. That being said, I get the most smoke on dedicated guitar forums, and I do think that the reason people have made comments about me trying to farm views is just because they don't like the video. Besides that steven guy, I think he's the kind of dude to complain about paying taxes on a $35,000,000 lottery ticket that he found on the ground and is an equal opportunity curmudgeon.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I enjoy how whether or not youtube links gets criticized comes down entirely to whether or not the forum decides they like you, seemingly regardless of how much engagement in the forum comes from it.

GuitarJon posts a new thread for just about every video on his channel, and it's very "youtuber" content. But he gets a pass because folks like him, and he engages with the forum. Lord V does exactly the same thing, engages just as much, and this is "bad" for "reasons".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well it's the same like when you see young,juicy,sexy girl in a mini skirt,and than you see some 60yo fat "lady" in the same mini skirt.They are doing exactly the same thing :).

My 2 cents about Kiesel.I am a long time fan of Carvin,because of....well Marty and Jason.I first heard about Kiesel 10-15 years ago,right when Jason's tribute blue Carvin was announced.
I was concidering buying one( and i sometimes still regret,that i didnt).I wrote "Carvin guitars" and i was redirected to Kiesel.And im thinking: "WhoTF is Kiesel?".So i watched a video,where Jeff explained the whole "family bussiness split".How they took the guitar branch,and his uncle and cousins took the amps.And all of a sudden he starts trash talking them completely out of nothing,saying that they are good for nothing,and how his cousin is selling amps out of the back of his van on some parking lots or something.I mean the way the interview was going it was completely unprovoked and unnecessary.
Many families have fallen out with each other over property and money.That happened in my extended family aswell over a stupid house(and as a rule,the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle,everybody have fault).BUT to trash talk your blood in public is big No No .So one interview and this guy (Jeff) already started not very good in my book.Then i watch second interview from some Namm show,where he starts to trash talk the other guitar manufactorers,explaining how bad and inadeqaute they are.He kept referring them as "theese other guitar companies",you know "we make things like this,as oppose of this other guitar companies that use shitty truss rods and shit". You get the point.And i am thinking : "dude, this other guitar companies play circles around you,they can buyout Carvin brand name from your cousins right now and bury you in the ground in six months and nobody will ever know that you existed".Then third video,then forth,same story. Than the drama with the customer that owned 20+ Kiesel guitars came that sealed the deal for me .Jeff is just an AHole.Big one.I can honestly say that i hate the motherf****r .There are too many better guitar companies out there that allows me to completely scratch out this brand forever.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
That’s not to say I don’t like your content either, in fact you might carve out a niche if you do more freak shit with Chinese guitars

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Well it's the same like when you see young,juicy,sexy girl in a mini skirt,and than you see some 60yo fat "lady" in the same mini skirt.They are doing exactly the same thing :).
I'm lacking the words for the many ways this is an awful statement that says so many things you both did and didn't intend.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score

My 2 cents about Kiesel.I am a long time fan of Carvin,because of....well Marty and Jason.I first heard about Kiesel 10-15 years ago,right when Jason's tribute blue Carvin was announced.
I was concidering buying one( and i sometimes still regret,that i didnt).I wrote "Carvin guitars" and i was redirected to Kiesel.And im thinking: "WhoTF is Kiesel?".So i watched a video,where Jeff explained the whole "family bussiness split".How they took the guitar branch,and his uncle and cousins took the amps.And all of a sudden he starts trash talking them completely out of nothing,saying that they are good for nothing,and how his cousin is selling amps out of the back of his van on some parking lots or something.I mean the way the interview was going it was completely unprovoked and unnecessary.
Many families have fallen out with each other over property and money.That happened in my extended family aswell over a stupid house(and as a rule,the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle,everybody have fault).BUT to trash talk your blood in public is big No No .So one interview and this guy (Jeff) already started not very good in my book.Then i watch second interview from some Namm show,where he starts to trash talk the other guitar manufactorers,explaining how bad and inadeqaute they are.He kept referring them as "theese other guitar companies",you know "we make things like this,as oppose of this other guitar companies that use shitty truss rods and shit". You get the point.And i am thinking : "dude, this other guitar companies play circles around you,they can buyout Carvin brand name from your cousins right now and bury you in the ground in six months and nobody will ever know that you existed".Then third video,then forth,same story. Than the drama with the customer that owned 20+ Kiesel guitars came that sealed the deal for me .Jeff is just an AHole.Big one.I can honestly say that i hate the motherf****r .There are too many better guitar companies out there that allows me to completely scratch out this brand forever.

If he actually praised their truss rods that's funny because the #1 complaint I've seen on the Carvin basses were shitty truss rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.