I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Yes, it is. Because no part of what's being discussed is pertaining to the quality of the guitars Kiesel builds. If they were consistently pumping out nothing but turds they wouldn't still be in business.
The point is that when they do pump out a turd, because every manufacturer does, how should you expect them to respond? And from many folks' perspective, under Jeff's leadership, the answer to that question is "don't expect much." That's the issue, that's why Jeff's name gets brought up. He's the man in charge. He dictates company policy. It's ultimately up to him to decide what level of customer service is acceptable; and if he is "kind of an ass," then that doesn't paint a very reassuring picture, does it?

I'll admit I've never played a Kiesel and Kiesel fans / the brand get what is probably an unfair amount of flak on this board. I've seen some that look like fantastic instruments and I am sure that the vast majority of them are excellent guitars. But part of the reason for that attitude you have to deal with is because you guys bring this smug, obnoxious energy whenever someone has anything to say about Kiesel. Again; I get it- when people talk down at you or at a brand that's done right by you that you would go to bat for your gut instinct is to swing back, but come on man have some tact.

Here you go fishing for views again :lol:
I find it endlessly entertaining that the reason I opened this thread was because despite not visiting this site for years, I recognized your username from another shitshow thread about Kiesel from ages and ages ago and this thread delivered exactly what I expected it to.

Gotta say I do agree with some of the sentiment that it feels like the point of this whole thing is just to fling mud at the guy that bought the thing originally and I don't think it should be surprising that that rubs a significant amount of people the wrong way regardless of what was or wasn't accurate about his claims or what Kiesel did or didn't do to fix it. I also think you know that because you seem to enjoy stirring the pot a bit. Not even throwing shade, I think it's hilarious. Glad you got a sweet deal and I got some free entertainment out of it.

Mk I'm back! :lol: Look man I get it and I'm sorry if I come off smug and obnoxious even tho I don't feel I have at all. I understand that this is mostly about how Kiesel handles "turds" but to say that quality of the instrument has nothing to do with this thread is kind of wild to me. This whole thing started over quality of the instrument. And at the end of the day if the OP posted this same story, but dealing with a different guitar brand I have a feeling that he wouldn't be taking nowhere near the amount of heat he's gotten. I watched the video and he was very respectful to the original owner and I didn't get clout chasing or stirring the pot vibes, but then again my comprehension really sucks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Mk I'm back! :lol: Look man I get it and I'm sorry if I come off smug and obnoxious even tho I don't feel I have at all. I understand that this is mostly about how Kiesel handles "turds" but to say that quality of the instrument has nothing to do with this thread is kind of wild to me. This whole thing started over quality of the instrument. And at the end of the day if the OP posted this same story, but dealing with a different guitar brand I have a feeling that he wouldn't be taking nowhere near the amount of heat he's gotten. I watched the video and he was very respectful to the original owner and I didn't get clout chasing or stirring the pot vibes, but then again my comprehension really sucks.

Oh dude absolutely; wouldn't argue with that at all.
I think that's the disconnect though. You guys are discussing two different things. No wonder you're butting heads.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
You answered the other guy though.
There are a lot of people on this forum who (well within their right) do not want to click over to another site and watch a video while they're on a forum where text is the primary (or basically sole) way of communicating between members.

Yeah, and those other people aren't writing paragraphs of counterarguments without doing the cursory research to hold the opinions. The other guy literally just asked how I found the thread, he didn't aggressively give me shit for 3 pages and include it as ammunition to supplement his points lol, you're genuinely ignoring the parts of my posts that don't supplement your already made up mind.

Here you go fishing for views again :lol:
I find it endlessly entertaining that the reason I opened this thread was because despite not visiting this site for years, I recognized your username from another shitshow thread about Kiesel from ages and ages ago and this thread delivered exactly what I expected it to.

Gotta say I do agree with some of the sentiment that it feels like the point of this whole thing is just to fling mud at the guy that bought the thing originally and I don't think it should be surprising that that rubs a significant amount of people the wrong way regardless of what was or wasn't accurate about his claims or what Kiesel did or didn't do to fix it. I also think you know that because you seem to enjoy stirring the pot a bit. Not even throwing shade, I think it's hilarious. Glad you got a sweet deal and I got some free entertainment out of it.

Oh, the whole point was to fling shit at that guy to be honest, actually it's an overarching shit flinging session for all the people that hop on guitar forums to bash brands because their shitty guitar that's in all reality perfectly fine. Yes, I recognized that posting that sentiment here may yield backlash from some and good conversation about the subject and yes, that's why I thought it would be fun to post it here.

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yes, the quality of the instrument. That it was allegedly a turd, then after being returned it was no longer a turd.

And again, my complaint is that OP is jumping on 4 year old drama (from a different forum mind, which is against the rules) and posting a thread for his YouTube video about it (which is also against the forum rules).

The question that matters to me is why did OP misrepresent all this in the thread? And when pressed on that says to watch the video? Like, it doesn't matter how much traffic this site gets, everything about this is clickbait.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Yes, the quality of the instrument. That it was allegedly a turd, then after being returned it was no longer a turd.

And again, my complaint is that OP is jumping on 4 year old drama (from a different forum mind, which is against the rules) and posting a thread for his YouTube video about it (which is also against the forum rules).

The question that matters to me is why did OP misrepresent all this in the thread? And when pressed on that says to watch the video? Like, it doesn't matter how much traffic this site gets, everything about this is clickbait.

I mean I'm just going to have to stop posting itt, you're just absolutely relentless.

I've individually addressed everything thing that you've said at least once, probably multiple times now, and you're just ignoring it and repeating yourself over and over again. You've shown multiple times that you've not read the original thread or watched the video, which in of itself is of course fine, but you're also repeatedly saying 'op got a broken guitar that Kiesel fixed' which is about as simplistic as saying that 'America invaded Vietnam and then Vietnam won'. You're the equivalent of someone handing out advice about a topic because they read a reddit headline and not the article.

I didn't link the original thread, I actually avoided doing that because it seemed inappropriate, and there are hundreds of threads with YouTube videos as the premise. As well, multiple moderators have commented itt and it's clearly not violating a rule.

Ironically, you've basically single handedly kept this thread going for like 4 pages now, so if your initial complaint was my view farming you've now become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Have a good day man.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Be careful posting videos here.

Every time I post a video of tapped sweeps it gets a couple hundred thousand views, Vimeo sends me a check, and I have to buy my wife a new car and an eco-friendly elevated dog food and water stand.

Just be careful out there is all I’m saying.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Be careful posting videos here.

Every time I post a video of tapped sweeps it gets a couple hundred thousand views, Vimeo sends me a check, and I have to buy my wife a new car and an eco-friendly elevated dog food and water stand.

Just be careful out there is all I’m saying.
I was going to ask how your video has no likes but then I remembered it's Vimeo

jaxadam

Reaction score
he should have made a ss.org thread about it to farm views

I post it every chance I get so I can get hundreds of thousands of likes. My username is also a link to it and it’s in my sig.

I was going to ask how your video has no likes but then I remembered it's Vimeo

It should have hundreds of millions of likes.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Ironically, you've basically single handedly kept this thread going for like 4 pages now, so if your initial complaint was my view farming you've now become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Have a good day man.

Nah. @StevenC is out here doing God's work and calling out clickbait. He can do that for as long as he likes and he will still always be right. That said, you can play and you seem like a good dude but I think people are just worn out from YT algorithm chasing. Imagine Erik Rutan doing videos where he is like "Is this the pedal responsible for Cannibal Corpse's brutal tone?" It is beneath him. And resurrecting the nonsense thread from that other site was probably beneath you as well.

Like and subscribe for more videos about my cats.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The most important thing to bear in mind is that we are all equally able to guess at what state the guitar was in when it arrived at the original customer. Purchasing the guitar has no bearing on what the reality was when it originally was sent out four years ago. There is zero new information added.

That also means anytime in the past four years were all equally valid times for us to just randomly make a thread to trash talk the guy for his opinion -- and since he immediately sold the guitar at a loss I'm willing to bet it was an honest one, regardless of what the guitar was like or whether the guy knew what he was doing. I think in another 4 years I'll make a thread talking about how he was right, because that is how I'd like to imagine it went down between the guitar and this stranger many years ago in some far away place, and it's an equally valid guess.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Nah. @StevenC is out here doing God's work and calling out clickbait. He can do that for as long as he likes and he will still always be right. That said, you can play and you seem like a good dude but I think people are just worn out from YT algorithm chasing. Imagine Erik Rutan doing videos where he is like "Is this the pedal responsible for Cannibal Corpse's brutal tone?" It is beneath him. And resurrecting the nonsense thread from that other site was probably beneath you as well.

Like and subscribe for more videos about my cats.

I honestly don't know how to feel about the plethora of compliment critiques that I've been getting in this thread, but thank you and how dare you as well and I'm sorry.

I think if nothing else in this thread we learned that I'm much better at guitar than that Steven guy, and therefor my opinions are much more valid and I'd say that's a success from all angles.

The most important thing to bear in mind is that we are all equally able to guess at what state the guitar was in when it arrived at the original customer. Purchasing the guitar has no bearing on what the reality was when it originally was sent out four years ago. There is zero new information added.

That also means anytime in the past four years were all equally valid times for us to just randomly make a thread to trash talk the guy for his opinion -- and since he immediately sold the guitar at a loss I'm willing to bet it was an honest one, regardless of what the guitar was like or whether the guy knew what he was doing. I think in another 4 years I'll make a thread talking about how he was right, because that is how I'd like to imagine it went down between the guitar and this stranger many years ago in some far away place, and it's an equally valid guess.

Joking aside, I do think that this is perfectly valid. I personally feel that his reaction was absolutely ridiculous, and the way that thread escalated as he tore the guitar apart and tried to put it back together only to make it worse in every way but find alternative reasons as to why it now had fret buzz or wouldn't stay in tune etc was fucking hilarious, and in conjunction with the techs at Kiesel stating that the only problems that they could find were the tuners and his fucking up the truss rod and alignment makes everything that old codger said absolutely invalid.

You do not have to agree, and if you don't you'll not like my take on it. What can you do, that's just life sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.