I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Guy gets a broken guitar. Sends it back to be repaired. Is repaired. New buyer claims, hey, this isn't broken!

Dude, like what? Maybe the first guy had no idea what he was doing, but we have also no new insight and being hands on with the guitar after passing back through Kiesel removes any possibility for fair grounds of criticism of the original customer's experience. And I say that fully aware that only a slim minority of TGP posters know how to adjust a truss rod.

I mean, that’s about the crudest simplification of the situation one could concoct. There’s dozens upon dozens of posts regarding the problems, ‘repairs’ (which were tightening the tuners and realigning the neck he messed up, according to Kiesel) and his overall dissatisfaction with the guitar and why that you could comb through to give you more insight. Calling the initial guitar ‘broken’ and the returned guitar ‘repaired’ is a wild take, holy smokes man.

Photos are not youtube vids. Not remotely the same thing.

If all the youtube spam went away, it wouldn't be so bad I think.

Photos and videos are very similar. I’m not spamming, dude, I’ve been posting here since I was about 21 and I’m 35. I’m not trying to sell anything and with all due respect, the 30 views that I may have gotten certainly wouldn’t be worth the time that I’ve put into the thread. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I mean, that’s about the crudest simplification of the situation one could concoct. There’s dozens upon dozens of posts regarding the problems, ‘repairs’ (which were tightening the tuners and realigning the neck he messed up, according to Kiesel) and his overall dissatisfaction with the guitar and why that you could comb through to give you more insight. Calling the initial guitar ‘broken’ and the returned guitar ‘repaired’ is a wild take, holy smokes man.

Well I'd call the original guitar as being unable to be setup properly, and the returned guitar playable within reasonable tolerances, basically as stated by the original customer. We can wax semantics about how crude of a summary that is, but regardless, the guy perceived playability problems, then didn't when it was returned to him. Seems like he was ultimately also unhappy with the sound, which is obviously going to be subjective. And I'd throw in for good measure the bad vibes effect of having high expectations and getting what you feel is a subpar instrument or a bad customer service experience. Definitely put a damper on my Viks when I had them..

But yea, I don't know why you would 4 years later come into possession of the guitar and believe that your hands-on experience with the guitar is comparable with the original owner's, knowing that it went back to Kiesel for adjustment, that the owner felt it playability had improved, and then knowing that it has since been through untold setups and adjustments over the past 4 years before making its way to you. It's a leap of faith to think you're experiencing anything closely resembling OG's experience, so your conclusion, that you both had extremely different degrees of satisfaction from the same experience and therefore you should doubt all these forum opinions, isn't well founded, even if it is probably also true.

gnoll

Reaction score
Photos and videos are very similar. I’m not spamming, dude, I’ve been posting here since I was about 21 and I’m 35. I’m not trying to sell anything and with all due respect, the 30 views that I may have gotten certainly wouldn’t be worth the time that I’ve put into the thread. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

That's ridiculous. It feels like I'm being trolled right now.

Youtube spam is self-promotion. You're posting your video here in order to get more exposure.

A photo of a guitar in an ngd thread or something, is not that.

narad

Reaction score

Youtube spam is self-promotion. You're posting your video here in order to get more exposure.

C'mon man, it's a long-time member who isn't posting vids regularly. There's a long list of guys you'd have to hang first. Their videos look like this:

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 8.22.06 PM.png

Last edited:

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon man, it's a long-time member who isn't posting vids regularly. There's a long list of guys you'd have to hang first. Their videos look like this:

View attachment 145260
I mean he has the youtube standard “make grimacing face with one word question mark.” He’s just not making the O face.

narad

Reaction score
I mean he has the youtube standard “make grimacing face with one word question mark.” He’s just not making the O face.

The O face has to be a significant factor in the overall cringe of the video though. Stop being so easily amazed at shit gear, YouTubers. Can't be a fuckin' "Game Changer!?" every damn week.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, I'm sure it's fine in reality.

Ahhh I remember this thread now ^

The classic one where people are arguing about neck resetting and whatnot.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bad vibes effect of having high expectations
james-franco-first-time-meme.jpg

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Well I'd call the original guitar as being unable to be setup properly, and the returned guitar playable within reasonable tolerances, basically as stated by the original customer. We can wax semantics about how crude of a summary that is, but regardless, the guy perceived playability problems, then didn't when it was returned to him. Seems like he was ultimately also unhappy with the sound, which is obviously going to be subjective. And I'd throw in for good measure the bad vibes effect of having high expectations and getting what you feel is a subpar instrument or a bad customer service experience. Definitely put a damper on my Viks when I had them..

But yea, I don't know why you would 4 years later come into possession of the guitar and believe that your hands-on experience with the guitar is comparable with the original owner's, knowing that it went back to Kiesel for adjustment, that the owner felt it playability had improved, and then knowing that it has since been through untold setups and adjustments over the past 4 years before making its way to you. It's a leap of faith to think you're experiencing anything closely resembling OG's experience, so your conclusion, that you both had extremely different degrees of satisfaction from the same experience and therefore you should doubt all these forum opinions, isn't well founded, even if it is probably also true.

Really? Some of his initial complaints were pretty absurd, and imo very likely the result of pure paranoia. He literally ripped the neck off and cranked the truss rod and threw everything horribly out of whack, which Kiesel was nice enough to fix pro bono, and then bashed them for this as though it was their fault. Kiesel acknowledged that the tuners were loose and essentially said that they didn't need to do anything else to it (besides reset it up after he fucked it up), but kindly explained why he might think that the truss was fucked. He didn't like that, so he thinks that they had to put the wood in a press because it was 'wet'. He's also pissed that they could so simply tighten the tuners because he couldn't, so they had to have used different ones or drilled new holes. To him, it's more likely that Kiesel sent him wet, warped wood and their cnc machine messed up the tuning machine slotting and are lying through their teeth about the 'repairs' than his yanking a truss rod and ripping a neck off (which he 'always does' with his bolt on guitars lmaoooooo) might have fucked everything up. He literally says "I don't trust them" with almost no rationale to why this is. He then posted a relentless smear campaign maligning virtually everything about the company online and a ton of random shit about the guitar that he suddenly doesn't like.

Imagine this situation from the perspective of Kiesel. We can probably assume that the several phone calls that they received from this surly individual weren't particularly pleasant, but that aside they pay for postage to accept the guitar back and see that he's completely fucked the neck alignment and truss rod, and also he's mad at you for that because that's Kiesel's fault. They fix the guitar, reset it up and send it back to him with a reasonably detailed explanation of what they did and level with him on why he might have thought the truss was dysfunctional rather than the real explanation, which is that he's an angry paranoid dullard that fucked everything up, and he's EVEN MORE MAD. Now the pickups are shrill (not true), it won't hold tune (not true) but in the Reverb listing he'll make no mention of this also FUCK KIESEL.

This is a rare example of exceptional customer service from Kiesel.

You're assuming my intent with this thread is to get views, man. I didn't post this to get views, this forum is not a place wherein I'd post anything to get views dude, it's not exactly a fast paced bustling forum with a ton of foot traffic. I posted the video, about a Kiesel and a thread tearing apart said Kiesel, on a forum that I've been visiting regularly for over a decade to talk about Kiesels, bad quality of guitars and everything that's pertinent to this thread because I thought that it would be interesting. I have no clue why you're singling me out for 'self promotion', idgaf about that with this thread.

Do I? I just chose a random frame of the video with a blank face and threw the Kiesel logo over it.
Without besmirching the character of someone I don't know who very well could be a nice lad IRL, it's pretty funny to see someone complain about Kiesel QC while wearing a Solar Guitars t-shirt.

Well it's a good thing I'm not complaining about Kiesel QC I suppose.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Really? Some of his initial complaints were pretty absurd, and imo very likely the result of pure paranoia. He literally ripped the neck off and cranked the truss rod and threw everything horribly out of whack, which Kiesel was nice enough to fix pro bono, and then bashed them for this as though it was their fault. Kiesel acknowledged that the tuners were loose and essentially said that they didn't need to do anything else to it (besides reset it up after he fucked it up), but kindly explained why he might think that the truss was fucked. He didn't like that, so he thinks that they had to put the wood in a press because it was 'wet'. He's also pissed that they could so simply tighten the tuners because he couldn't, so they had to have used different ones or drilled new holes. To him, it's more likely that Kiesel sent him wet, warped wood and their cnc machine messed up the tuning machine slotting and are lying through their teeth about the 'repairs' than his yanking a truss rod and ripping a neck off (which he 'always does' with his bolt on guitars lmaoooooo) might have fucked everything up. He literally says "I don't trust them" with almost no rationale to why this is. He then posted a relentless smear campaign maligning virtually everything about the company online and a ton of random shit about the guitar that he suddenly doesn't like.

Imagine this situation from the perspective of Kiesel. We can probably assume that the several phone calls that they received from this surly individual weren't particularly pleasant, but that aside they pay for postage to accept the guitar back and see that he's completely fucked the neck alignment and truss rod, and also he's mad at you for that because that's Kiesel's fault. They fix the guitar, reset it up and send it back to him with a reasonably detailed explanation of what they did and level with him on why he might have thought the truss was dysfunctional rather than the real explanation, which is that he's an angry paranoid dullard that fucked everything up, and he's EVEN MORE MAD. Now the pickups are shrill (not true), it won't hold tune (not true) but in the Reverb listing he'll make no mention of this also FUCK KIESEL.

This is a rare example of exceptional customer service from Kiesel.

You're assuming my intent with this thread is to get views, man. I didn't post this to get views, this forum is not a place wherein I'd post anything to get views dude, it's not exactly a fast paced bustling forum with a ton of foot traffic. I posted the video, about a Kiesel and a thread tearing apart said Kiesel, on a forum that I've been visiting regularly for over a decade to talk about Kiesels, bad quality of guitars and everything that's pertinent to this thread because I thought that it would be interesting. I have no clue why you're singling me out for 'self promotion', idgaf about that with this thread.

Do I? I just chose a random frame of the video with a blank face and threw the Kiesel logo over it.

Well it's a good thing I'm not complaining about Kiesel QC I suppose.

I'm not gonna lie, and I'll take the L on this one: I thought the video was an accompaniment to the posted gear page thread that was referenced here, and that the video was the original owner complaining about the quality control, so I didn't want to waste my time watching it. Now that I see that I was wrong, the irony about the Solar shirt is lost, and I subscribed to your channel because this is fucking great:

TL;DR I'm lazy and knee-jerk like a lot of other cretins on the internet. I complain about my wife only reading the news headlines and not the articles and then I go do the same damn thing :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.