IA Eklundh leaves Caparison guitars.

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
My TAT II is one of the best playing guitars I own. It feels, sounds, and plays incredible. It is right behind my ESP MII-UC. I only have 7 string J Customs and don't have any experience with 6 string J Customs but I'd say that they're pretty on par as far as I can tell from playability and sound, at least for me but I have never really had much trouble or problems with any guitar; I'm not too picky as long as it is an Ibanez RG570 with 18 V EMGs.
I would say build quality is close but playability is different. A lot of the design attributes and the ergonomics from Jackson are present with Caparison @ThePIGI King.
I was also going to post but then forgot in response to another comment made earlier in this thread that I doubt the company cares much about increasing production. They seem to be content and proud of what they do at the scale that they do: https://www.caparisonguitars.com/about/

For context, some history of why that is although much more info can be dug up on forums over the years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caparison_Guitars

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
My TAT II is one of the best playing guitars I own. It feels, sounds, and plays incredible. It is right behind my ESP MII-UC. I only have 7 string J Customs and don't have any experience with 6 string J Customs but I'd say that they're pretty on par as far as I can tell from playability and sound, at least for me but I have never really had much trouble or problems with any guitar; I'm not too picky as long as it is an Ibanez RG570 with 18 V EMGs.
What year is your TAT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
He can move to Dragonfly.

Dragonfly showed off a few of their guitars with TT frets. They gave one to Jeff Young at NAMM.

View attachment 140698
I never heard of anyone using Dragonfly/Harry's Engineering guitars outside of Japan. I know about them because Toru from ONE OK ROCK and Yoma from The Winking Owl have used their guitars.

jco5055

Reaction score
I gotta say, it's kinda wild that he loves TT so much to start a guitar company with them, especially when (as mentioned in this thread and other places) TT is like a very minor improvement at best, and some intervals/notes are actually "worse"

jco5055

Reaction score
yeah I don't love the look, but the 6 string with 27 frets, short scale, lundgrens, and the eclipse aka asymmetrical neck profile...I do like the sound of that. And assuming it is that boutique quality I feel under $4k is practically a steal nowadays.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his Instagram post he says 3.9kg and 3.2kg for the 8 and 6 respectively
I saw the 3.9kg on the site -I was just kidding. I appreciate the concern, as an 86lb guitar would be terrible for my back.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
You gotta be a reeeeal big fan of his to buy that. The looks are mediocre, price is quite steep and... who wants the combo of an Floyd + True Temperament? I like Floyds, but on an 8-string? And aren't TT frets like... kind of a compromise with very few upsides?

I can appreciate it being a specialty instrument, but is he planning on selling more than 10 of those?