Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
As someone who owns one of these fanned Ibanii, no- it's not just your hands.
The other guys are right that the newer ones aren't as bad, and mine is a 6 so the issues were probably much more noticable on the 8, but the fan design that Ibanez uses is just not optimal, and toward either extreme end of the board, you can feel it. The spacing is just...bad.

That said though, it does grow on you, and since mine is a 6 and I'm just playing bruutz on it anyway, I love it. Don't think I'd recommend an 8 string variant, though.

Looks like they moved the parallel to the 14th? But like why. Why do this.

Sogradde

Reaction score
New sig model for Martin Miller:
Introducing the MM1JR-THP, the first ever AZ shortscale model in Transparent Hot Pink. With the latest signature model for guitarist Martin Miller now every player can become a picking master! Featuring a S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple Shortscale neck and fretboard that was explicitly designed to fit children and players with very small hands, the MM1JR comes loaded with all the unique features that make the AZ series the instrument of choice for so many advanced players: Flame Maple top, Mahogany body, Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups (HH), Gotoh® MAGNUM LOCK machine heads w/H.A.P., Gotoh® T1802 tremolo, Bone nut, Stainless Steel frets, Luminlay side dot inlays, and the dyna-MIX10 switching system. The unique THP finish gives the guitar a cool and vibrant pink-ish look on the front that matches perfectly with the darker tone on the back. Includes case.

ibz sc.jpg

Really like the colour but I'm not a fan of short scales.
Also, I could be wrong but the heel looks slightly different from the regular AZ models.
ibz sc1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
67D87DA7-2DB1-4641-B9BB-21441AB5D7AE.jpeg

So it looks like Ibanez is releasing the Axe Palace limited RGD as a regular model. That makes me happy as I really wanted one but the chances of finding one used down the line when limited to 12 units was very slim.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Short scales :barf:

Yeah, seems Paul Gilbert's mini has started something of a trend. :shrug:

Huh... as awesome as it is for everyone else, I honestly feel bad for the twelve people that bought one of the limited runs. They no longer have an exclusive guitar and I'm sure it was slightly more expensive like all of those exclusive runs.

Ibanez withholds the right to use anything designed by retailers.

They've done this in the past, especially with J.Customs.

When it comes to stuff like this, it's an easy target to take over.

But yeah, if I was someone who bought it with exclusivity in mind I'd probably be annoyed, as it's in fairly bad taste to make a 1:1 copy. At least change the inlay or something.

Last edited:

Sogradde

Reaction score
Ibanez withholds the right to use anything designed by retailers.

They've done this in the past, especially with J.Customs.

When it comes to stuff like this, it's an easy target to take over.

But yeah, if I was someone who bought it with exclusivity in mind I'd probably be annoyed, as it's in fairly bad taste to make a 1:1 copy. At least change the inlay or something.
I was giving them the benefit of the doubt as I thought it's just the coincidental release of an RGD7UCS in a different color but the reverse headstock is quite a giveaway. Pretty much a dick move in my book.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I was giving them the benefit of the doubt as I thought it's just the coincidental release of an RGD7UCS in a different color but the reverse headstock is quite a giveaway. Pretty much a dick move in my book.
Actually I'm now realizing it is technically different. The Axe Palace one is made of Mahogany while the Production one is Basswood. Unless one of those is a mistake.

Also the neck on the Axe Palace is Maple/Walnut while the production model is Maple/Wenge.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

On one hand, it's kind of shitty to the 12 original buyers and Ace Palace, on the other hand now those who missed out on the original run can buy one, possibly at a lower price.

It's a tough call.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
On one hand, it's kind of shitty to the 12 original buyers and Ace Palace, on the other hand now those who missed out on the original run can buy one, possibly at a lower price.

It's a tough call.
Well funny enough, there are still slots available for that run. I wouldn't be too happy if I were Axe Palace right now.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually I'm now realizing it is technically different. The Axe Palace one is made of Mahogany while the Production one is Basswood. Unless one of those is a mistake.

Also the neck on the Axe Palace is Maple/Walnut while the production model is Maple/Wenge.

It's pretty bad on Ibanez' part that there's a roughly 50% chance they just copied and pasted the wrong specs. :lol:

Well funny enough, there are still slots available for that run. I wouldn't be too happy if I were Axe Palace right now.

Ouch.

It would be even shittier if the production one shipped first.

Sogradde

Reaction score
It's pretty bad on Ibanez' part that there's a roughly 50% chance they just copied and pasted the wrong specs. :lol:
I assume it's intentional as the original Uppercut RGD is made of basswood aswell.
This would be a really weird coincidence.

@zimbloth Any info on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts