Ibanez 2021 models (Headless!)

• Thread starter bastardbullet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Attached are the images, and here are some of the quotes from the post:

"In short: Contact your Ibanez dealer, choose specs, get a price quote, receive top woods images to choose from, pick your favorite, wait 3-4 months, pick up the instrument at your dealer, enjoy the guitar of your dreams"

"You can have your own RG built. The array of specs is limited, of course, but we offer >120 finish/wood combinations"

"talking about one-offs, not limited runs for dealers"View attachment 95581 View attachment 95582
If they allow me to make an RGA with a blank ebony board, I'd put money down immediately and wouldn't even think twice. Still, a custom RG that only takes 3-4 months ain't bad at all. I'm assuming the tree of life though will still be a requirement, and that's a big deal breaker for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed recently, but it looks like the custom shop is still happening. RGs only apparently. From Dan who works at Ibanez Germany:
yrWnk7CcPrukUaLq5

JXMV9ZLw62DW5U6a7

Still "happening" or still a "miscommunication between European distributer and Hoshino Gakki in Japan"? ;)

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Is there anything that stands out on that flicker bridge as being a noticeable improvement over other things? Any advantage there besides appearance/rarity?

I wouldn't necessarily mind on a 7-string, since 7-string floyds are in the $300 ballpark, right? But man, to do that TOM-style bridge and tailpiece is like a $900 endeavor IIRC

Not particularly, they're well made but nothing groundbreaking. Their cost directly from ESP vs. how much they affect an actual equipped guitar's price is wildly different, it seems. Getting one on a used Snapper isn't an upcharge at all in the second hand market vs the older Gotoh versions, yet straight from ESP you might as well custom mill your own, for the cost.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Yeah same, I hate it when I first saw it, but now after seeing a few demoes I'm starting to come around. I really like the look of the seafoam one here:

Same here. My first impression on the guitar shape was nkt so nice. But, it's growing on me now.

These Q demo players are awesome! Are they popular in the guitar world nowadays (I'm old)?

I am liking the HH models. I have to hide my Sweetwater card away from myself. Dammit.

TrevorT

Reaction score
Still "happening" or still a "miscommunication between European distributer and Hoshino Gakki in Japan"? ;)
According to Dan they're going to be releasing a video about it soon, but who knows... maybe this is all due to some unfortunate persistent translation error between German and Japanese lol.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
See, I specifically WANT a tree of life inlay. I guess because I've never had one. My dream would be a 7v7, but those things are basically the price of a house now.

Reaction score
See, I specifically WANT a tree of life inlay. I guess because I've never had one. My dream would be a 7v7, but those things are basically the price of a house now.

I've seen a 7V7 on reverb a few weeks back for more than 5k... guys are crazy... I think it's gone already... or removed from sales...

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I've seen a 7V7 on reverb a few weeks back for more than 5k... guys are crazy... I think it's gone already... or removed from sales...

If it's the one I think, the guy is a member over on JEMsite and did a youtube video about it, looking at how much he could sell it for, it was originally listed at $8000 and sold relatively quickly for a couple of grand less, about 5K I think he said.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
IMG_2407.jpg dunno where else to put this...

I love these picks so much.

whatever that special ultra heavy weight blah blah plastic.

cheap. super durable. just wish they made them a bit thicker.

new ones have a rubberized grip inlaid into the plastic.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
View attachment 95640 dunno where else to put this...

I love these picks so much.

whatever that special ultra heavy weight blah blah plastic.

cheap. super durable. just wish they made them a bit thicker.

new ones have a rubberized grip inlaid into the plastic.

I just bought the vai picks with the rubber grip and they are like glue! Loooove them

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
@diagrammatiks Picks would fall under the “Gear and Equipment” category (not a exactly obvious, but that’s where I’ve found them brought up in the past).

The more I see of these Q guitars, the more I want them to hurry up and make a proper multi-scale 7 or 8. Seems like the body should be quite comfortable (though I’m not sure about those action screws on the saddles).

They’re still not the prettiest thing to look at, but if executed well I could see them being highly functional.

TrevorT

Reaction score
The more I see of these Q guitars, the more I want them to hurry up and make a proper multi-scale 7 or 8. Seems like the body should be quite comfortable (though I’m not sure about those action screws on the saddles).
I was worried about the saddle height adjustment screws as well from the promo photos, but after seeing some pictures of the actual production models it looks like they have shorter ones that don't stick out (iirc...).

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I was worried about the saddle height adjustment screws as well from the promo photos, but after seeing some pictures of the actual production models it looks like they have shorter ones that don't stick out (iirc...).
Wasn’t thinking with my whole brain anyway - it’s not like they’re bent steel and I’ve replaced plenty of screws to suit my tastes.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I sold mine for almost twice what I paid and that was before the pandemic. Vai fans can be whacky.

The whole thing behind that model was weird. For YEARS on Jemsite, JEM fans were begging for it. I believe Rich Harris played a part in getting Ibanez to actually do it as well…..and then no one bought them.

Now there’s a dude on Jemsite who is saying they should bring it back. :lol:

The biggest killer for me was that it didn’t have an ebony fingerboard and that’s one of my favorite aspects of my 7V.

Latest posts