Ibanez 2021 models (Headless!)

• Thread starter bastardbullet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The whole thing behind that model was weird. For YEARS on Jemsite, JEM fans were begging for it. I believe Rich Harris played a part in getting Ibanez to actually do it as well…..and then no one bought them.

Now there’s a dude on Jemsite who is saying they should bring it back. :lol:

The biggest killer for me was that it didn’t have an ebony fingerboard and that’s one of my favorite aspects of my 7V.

It was priced high, directed to collectors and not to players...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's some cool aspects to them, now that I've gotten used to it. Once they make some more metal friendly models, I think it'll take off big. The one above would look pretty cool stained black with matte black pickguard, richlite board and cosmo fixings.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Pink and gold... so true metal axe. Truly tasteful ;-)
You can roast me :lol:
Imho Give it some dark and classy color dye (deep blue, green or red) on ash body, black hardware, birdseye or flame sloghtly baked maple fingerboard and call it a day

TrevorT

Reaction score
There's some cool aspects to them, now that I've gotten used to it. Once they make some more metal friendly models, I think it'll take off big. The one above would look pretty cool stained black with matte black pickguard, richlite board and cosmo fixings.
Yeah I'd like to see them go all-in with some metal-focused models. I'd also love to see Ibanez's take on a headless tremolo system.

bastardbullet

Reaction score
I finally came across the axion label RGD61ALA and prestige RGDR4427FX at a local guitar store yesterday and sadly both were a total disappointment.

The nonsense mono bridge felt like a piece of trash on both. It was effecting my right hand angle in a weird way that i had to pick harder to feel the string responding in the way it should.

Razor sharp fret ends were almost everywhere, maybe a bit less but still sticking my hand here and there on the prestige either. Also the axion one had some weird paint blemishes and it was waayy heavy for a six string that neither i or the store guy couldn't figure out what the reason was.

Zhysick

Reaction score

Who the fffff are you to tell me pink and gold is not metal???
el-verdadero-origen-de-huevos-con-aceite-el-himno-del-rock-cocinado-en-el-discocross.jpg

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
New AZ Essential lineup. Basically standard and stripped down AZs.

Will make for fun modding templates.

I bet these will sell very well to the non Ibanez players or just the new players liking this new AZ style. I take it these are just made at the same factory as Ibanez' other standard line? Kinda feels like the RT line again.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I bet these will sell very well to the non Ibanez players or just the new players liking this new AZ style. I take it these are just made at the same factory as Ibanez' other standard line? Kinda feels like the RT line again.
Funny you mention it, AZ's are the only line that has ever drawn me to Ibanez.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
This new line of AZ is awesome. I really wish I could have had a guitar this versatile when just starting out. Well played Ibanez.

These remind me of evolutions of basic and simple Strats, kind of like the Mexican Strats of the late 90s and early 2000s that really punched above their weight. I'm not exactly sure about the scale length and radius, but since these are targeted at beginners or still relatively new players, it makes good sense. The split shaft tuners are a big thumbs up.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
They're going to make a killing in the developing markets (West Asia, South America, Africa, etc.) capitalizing on the AZ name in place of the GRX these will replace on shelves.

can confirm, people down here are crazy about the AZ line, but most kids definitely can't go and fork out 1-2K for a Prestige/Premium, hell, im gassing for that blue H-S-S one :lol: