Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
See, I don't believe for a second that if Ibanez released RGs like the examples in the previous 4 posts, that they wouldn't out perform (outsell) all their current RG monstrosities. Despite what @MaxOfMetal says (even though he has way more knowledge and experience than me, who just some idiot).
The one in the post above yours is very similar specs to recent J. Customs though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
There are literally thousands of dollars, probably 10s of thousands, worth of Ibanez guitars I’ve not bought due to the ‘wrong’ bridge or the ‘wrong’ finish or the ‘wrong’ pickup configuration.
There are litterally hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Ibanez guitars I've not bought due to lack of money.

nasticanasta

Reaction score
I feel like there’s 3 distinct price points for 90’s MIJ stuff over the last year:

-Holy shit, is this legit?

-Eh, that’s a stretch.

-Everything is a Klon now.
The gear forum USED to be good.....they are WOKE now. I posted a meme that wasn't political but had a politician in it.. and they banned me after 10+ years of being a contributor. I told them to cram it with walnuts... I'm not missing anything.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After owning several Ibbys and scouring the web for past and present models, I really just want to see more models that offer HSH with split-coil/coil-tap toggle switch (no push and pull knobs--they are not ergonomic) and 5-position pickup switch. This allows a great range of all the tones I'd ever need (without even needing the Dynamix system). But it would also be amazing to see the Dynamix system with HSH as that would be amazingly versatile. The problem with current Dynamix implementations is that on HH models, the split-coil sounds way too thin, and on SSH or SSS models, the combined single-coils to get the humbucker tone is not thick/warm enough. HSH will solve this problem (if they use the right humbucker to get good split-coil tone, such as the custom neck DiMarzio on the KIKO Prestige and Premium models), or the tone zone bridge pickup, and then add True Velvet as the middle pickup.

xzacx

Reaction score
The gear forum USED to be good.....they are WOKE now. I posted a meme that wasn't political but had a politician in it.. and they banned me after 10+ years of being a contributor. I told them to cram it with walnuts... I'm not missing anything.
You gotta check out this site called “rig-chat.” I think you’d fit right in there.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score

:lol:

We just had our 1 year anniversary and the only people who have been banned so far are bots and 1 alt that signed up just to pick fights.

Unfortunately, the world has become so fuckin’ crazy, I don’t even know if this is satire or not, but you’re more than welcome to not come back!

I just posted a Trump gif this weekend, all our mods post politician gifs. We just don’t discuss politics.

trump-shrug.gif

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
oh man, if I just played chugg chugg metalcore I would love to have an Iceman, pop in a Duncan Distortion or Black Winter and be done with GAS.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Why not get it anyways?
it's a bucket list guitar, but definitely can't get it when

1. I don't need it
2. I've already spent all my anual discretionary income in guitars and camera gear :lol:

but anyways, im happy to see a classic Iceman without Paul Stanley signature in there. Knowing Ibanez product cycle they will produce it for one or two years, discontinue it, and then -hopefully- it will be up for grabs in Reverb for $300 unless the global economy keeps getting fucked up