Ibanez Premium Marco Sfogli signature

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
13529210_10153626218494147_8913774403800378840_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvX0T7VinmQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Huge fan of Sfogli, glad to see he's getting his due. Bunch of neat features on this too, by the looks of it: non-locking trem, 'JP' control scheme, and a wenge neck judging by the picture above.

I'm excited to see more. It'd be cool to get a prestige model as well sometime in the future, however.

A-Branger

Reaction score
never heard of him before, except on the Ibanez flying finger contest video thing were he plays this same guitar, I though it might have been a LACS. Great tasty playing tho

cool looking guitar, and I know you all are going to kill me but I think it needs some white binding :p hehehe as the S series prestige 8 string with walnut top

also I though ibanez stopped producing straight headstocks. And even if they do, wouldnt the high strings need a bridge thing to go under to help with the break angle?

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
never heard of him before, except on the Ibanez flying finger contest video thing were he plays this same guitar, I though it might have been a LACS. Great tasty playing tho

cool looking guitar, and I know you all are going to kill me but I think it needs some white binding :p hehehe as the S series prestige 8 string with walnut top

also I though ibanez stopped producing straight headstocks. And even if they do, wouldnt the high strings need a bridge thing to go under to help with the break angle?

Looks like they're low profile locking posts. Won't need string trees.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The JS series have straight angle headstocks.

For some sweet Sfogli playing, check out James LaBrie's last few solo albums.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Looks like they're low profile locking posts. Won't need string trees.

string trees, that was the word I was looking for. Yeah it makes sense, and now that you mention they do look pretty weird low profile. But again being a loking tunner it doesnt need to be tall as no string wraps needed

The JS series have straight angle headstocks.

For some sweet Sfogli playing, check out James LaBrie's last few solo albums.

yeah I remember they do, but its mostly because JS just kept the original S series shape and didnt change it.

Thanks man I would check it out. Im a huge fan of DT, but I have never really listen to any of the guys side projects for some reason. I would give it a go:hbang:

Reaction score
The string trees also have the job of getting a "better" angle at the nut.

I think that the Andy Timons sig is also with straight headstock...

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Very cool!
Marco rules, glad to see he's getting special attention, he deserves it.
I am assuming this will be released as a limited production model soon?

Lawyer85

Reaction score
Don´t get me wrong, but there is nothing special that sets the MSM apart from other RG Models. I like Ibanez and Marcos playing, but i can´t understand Ibanez´ Signature philosophy at all. The Artist can choose the Base Model, chance the Specs on Wood, Hardware and Finish and thats all, nothing special. Even the Meshuggah Model isn´t that far from an Stock 8 String RG.

If you look at Jackson or ESP, the Artists there get new Shapes and Stuff like that, which Ibanez doesn´t do.

So, to me, there is no need for the MSM Signature Model.
Again, no bashing against Ibanez, just what i think about the Signature Models from Ibanez.

A-Branger

Reaction score
The Artist can choose the Base Model, chance the Specs on Wood, Hardware and Finish and thats all, nothing special..

thats actually the definition of a signature model right there. A custom build guitar to the artist specs that you get to buy too.

There is only a small portion of artist who want a one off model shape.

You mention the Meshuggah, mmm a neck trough, 30" scale with one pup guitar.. what else do you want? it cant get more custom and one off from a standar RG than that :scratch:

The new Tosin Abasin prototypes, Paul G. Fireman, Herman Li adaptations to a standar S shape, Mick T had a crazy shape in the past, Although Joe Satriani started from a production model, now its his own shape, Sam T. unique specs not found in any iceman, Paul W. has a S shape with a tick body unique for him, Plus of course Steve V.

Im not familiar with Jackson, but for ESP? really? putting away the crazy Jap stuff (as we are talking global market here), James H. is the only one who has a one of a kind shape made for him, and now Max C too. All of the other guitars sigs are based on standard production models, just like any Ibanez sigs are

curlyvice

Reaction score
That thing looks great. Incredible player, too. I wonder what the neck profile will be like. If it's beefier/rounder than the Super Wizard I'll be interested

austink

Reaction score
I have never heard of this guy prior, but holy hell can he play!

The guitar is a nice classy rg. I like that it isn't over the top and gaudy. The non locking trem looks really nice.