Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

LCW

Reaction score
Anyone have the 'Hetfield' white King V?

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Decided to buy a promod dk24. Figured I could use a cheap beater with single coils since every guitar I own is H/H. Great discount from axe palace as always….love that store.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
I bought this beauty few weeks ago and it really surprised me how amazing this guitar really is. In this price point one of the best I’ve had… Easily!!!

171253.jpg

The specs are incredible and the build quality as well and it doesn’t hurt, that it looks stunning! Pink for the Win!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kidmendel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought this beauty few weeks ago and it really surprised me how amazing this guitar really is. In this price point one of the best I’ve had… Easily!!!

171253.jpg

The specs are incredible and the build quality as well and it doesn’t hurt, that it looks stunning! Pink for the Win!

Charvel DK24? Maaaaan, you are not helping my GAS, very nice!

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

ClownShoes

Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174882932046?hash=item28b7d5c54e:g:CjYAAOSwXiBhEc~X

Pulled the trigger on this. Condition is a bit scuffed, but I wasn't going to turn down what's essentially a domestic market Rhoads Professional Pro after missing out on jahosy's King V Custom and the $400 Rhoads Pro earlier this year. Would've preferred the classic Snow White Black Bevel finish though
Nice, I saw that one the other day. Needs a bit of TLC but decent price for one of the higher end Japanese Jacksons.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was sitting on it for a couple of days, it was either this or a Solar V2.7, and I'm a sucker for Jackson. Its a shame its one of the earlier models so they're not quite as fancy as some of the later top of the line Japanese Jackson, the color options are a boring Metallic Black, Dark Blue, Dark Red and Dark Purple, none of the fun pinstripe, bevel or graphic finish in the later Grover Jackson/Jackson Star stuffs. Although in a year and a half of scouting Digimart for JDM Jackson, all I saw were Metallic Black and the occasional Silver Sparkle King V anyway, so maybe people who spent more for the fun finishes aren't letting them go. I was ready to drop 1300 for a KV-J2 last year in similar condition from Ishibashi, so this was a pretty good price.

I'm still sore about missing out on the $400 Rhoads Pro though, short of a twisted neck or some other major damage that would've been a steal. Especially with how much USA goes for nowadays.

ClownShoes

Reaction score
Yeah the ghost flame/flame top GJ/Stars models don't show up very often. And when they do they get snapped up pretty quickly.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They were semi-custom only, so I'm not too surprised. Its weird since pinstriping is a stock finish on the RR5s, and solid color + bevels on the RR24 and the old Rhoads Pro, but the JDM are stuck with 2-3 solid colors, and trans on the super high end Jackson Stars with maple caps

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Because its a dealer special run, its closer to a Wildcard going by the price and the MIK

Dooky

Reaction score
Anyone have the 'Hetfield' white King V?
Being the Hetfield fanboy that I am, I've been seriously considering one of these. Just not sure I feel comfortable enough with V shaped guitars. Great when standing up, but the sitting down isn't much fun.

Reactions: LCW

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Rhoads Custom came today. Player's condition, but plenty of fret left, and headstock is surprisingly undamaged. The color looks nicer in real life than the photo taken by the seller. The JT-590LP is a top mounted rather than recessed, although with the cavity cut out for pulling up. I've always prefered how TOM bridge feels, so this is a big win for me. Bridge is in good condition, but the seller took the arm collar. The one from my JT-580LP fits though, and I have a brand new replacement incoming. No idea what the stock Dimarzio is, but it sounds pretty good, though coming from all my guitars having actives currently it feels a bit weak.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dimarzio got back to me, its a Double Whammy/DP150. I was going to flip it, but I'm finding myself really liking it, but the output comes up a bit short.

Has anyone here tried the clone JE-1000 kit on eBay? How does it compare to the original thing or the MM-04, or something like the EMG Afterburner on the old DKMG/WRMG? I was going to give the Black Winters a try, but these Dimarzio has the tone I'm looking for EQ wise.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The Rhoads Custom came today. Player's condition, but plenty of fret left, and headstock is surprisingly undamaged. The color looks nicer in real life than the photo taken by the seller. The JT-590LP is a top mounted rather than recessed, although with the cavity cut out for pulling up. I've always prefered how TOM bridge feels, so this is a big win for me. Bridge is in good condition, but the seller took the arm collar. The one from my JT-580LP fits though, and I have a brand new replacement incoming. No idea what the stock Dimarzio is, but it sounds pretty good, though coming from all my guitars having actives currently it feels a bit weak.

Pics

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Dimarzio got back to me, its a Double Whammy/DP150. I was going to flip it, but I'm finding myself really liking it, but the output comes up a bit short.

Has anyone here tried the clone JE-1000 kit on eBay? How does it compare to the original thing or the MM-04, or something like the EMG Afterburner on the old DKMG/WRMG? I was going to give the Black Winters a try, but these Dimarzio has the tone I'm looking for EQ wise.

I have the clone coming in, but it'll be a while til it gets here. I have an ABQ pot for comparison here as well. But, since both of those circuits have resonant frequency boost selectors, the tone will change. I don't think either system has a clean boost option

mogar

Reaction score
EMG does have the PA-2 which is just a 20db boost with no eq options if you just want more output.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
imgur.com/a/hoBURrd

I have the clone coming in, but it'll be a while til it gets here. I have an ABQ pot for comparison here as well. But, since both of those circuits have resonant frequency boost selectors, the tone will change. I don't think either system has a clean boost option

Cheers. I was considering the ABQ pot as well, but I'm not a big fan of any of the EMG HZ neck pickup (though I can probably just steal the H3 neck from my DXMG and move these over)

EMG does have the PA-2 which is just a 20db boost with no eq options if you just want more output.

I'm keeping an eye out for the old Afterburner kit from the DKMG/WRMG and a couple of the lower end LTDs with the same setup. Not sure if I want to drop 80 USD for just the PA2 new

Latest posts