Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought it was just me that hated that green/black finish.

Jackson looking at their sales figures:

tumblr_inline_o36dgfTiOn1s24py6_540.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
No one bought the 25.5" 7 strings that no one ever had in stock, so clearly they don't sell. :lol:

Honestly, I don't know what Jackson is thinking with 7s. Even at 26.5" the DK Moderns were really good, but no one wants that fuckin' terrible green/black finish as the only choice.
Which 7 was that? I only remember X or Pro series (not counting Artist Sigs), but the last time I remember a MIJ level of quality was that Soloist from 2010 or so that I regret not buying back when I got my first 7 - a Marc Rizzo Stealth- instead.

If that Concept Camo Rhoads was 25.5" scale I'd probably get it and just use that as my main/workhorse while I still do the GAS/custom hunting etc.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Which 7 was that? I only remember X or Pro series (not counting Artist Sigs), but the last time I remember a MIJ level of quality was that Soloist from 2010 or so that I regret not buying back when I got my first 7 - a Marc Rizzo Stealth- instead.

If that Concept Camo Rhoads was 25.5" scale I'd probably get it and just use that as my main/workhorse while I still do the GAS/custom hunting etc.
They still make an SL7 that's 25.5 scale and is in stock. It's just only in a semi transparent white with kind of ugly binding. They did at least make them in black for several years though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
They still make an SL7 that's 25.5 scale and is in stock. It's just only in a semi transparent white with kind of ugly binding. They did at least make them in black for several years though.
yeah i saw that, I wish they still made a 25.5" Rhoads though there's also the CB model

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah i saw that, I wish they still made a 25.5" Rhoads though there's also the CB model
They made X Series 25.5" RRs for a couple of years, and no one bought them. The Davidson WR7 is 25.5".

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A local Sam ash has the wr7, honestly it’s pretty nice
I've played two. One was the ash top that was a good guitar but drove me crazy without the bevels. One was the mahogany with the bevels and it was a dead plank with a misfit Floyd. YMMV.

jco5055

Reaction score
I've played two. One was the ash top that was a good guitar but drove me crazy without the bevels. One was the mahogany with the bevels and it was a dead plank with a misfit Floyd. YMMV.
yeah from what I could tell playing the mahogany model for a minute it seemed perfectly fine, but that is the risk with Indo and similar guitars, not everyone will be good

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I immediately thought of The Island of Misfit Toys upon reading this.

A bunch off odd and crappy Floyds and copies together, just wanting to be put on guitars. One sadly having given up stating: "I haven't any more divebombs left to dive!."
That deserves a :rofl:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Who did the crackle?
Lee at GMW Guitarworks!
To say that you're at the mercy of science and conditions, that crackle is perfect!
I'm very pleased with the pattern.

Apparently, Lee tried several times to get a pattern he was happy with but the result is fantastic!

I will say, this has not been fast, and he's not cheap. However, for solids, metallics, sparkles, graphics, etc. GMW is the place to go. Lee has shared updates with me through the process and I never felt like he stalling or difficult to communicate with.

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
Snagged a professional series DX2 for 280€
Serial starts with 6 so I guess made in '96?

Was not a big fan of the HSH look for the longest time, but recently I kinda wanted one and with this finish it looks awesome.
Body has definitely been in the trenches, full of dings and chips, but the neck is in great shape in comparison.
Not all jacksons need to have sharkfins and these dots are real MOP so they look good.
Stock pickups sound decent, probs going to be my standard E axe so they'll do just fine for now.
This is kind of a rare model and was not produced for a very long time... There is 1 only 1 youtube video that I found showing this model.
Anyways here's the s****y phone pics!
20231117_071523.jpg
20231117_082234.jpg
20231117_082254.jpg

mastapimp

Reaction score
Hm are you sure? I didn't think Japanese guitars from 1996 would have that.

Anyway cool guitar regardless.
it looks exactly like the dx2 from the '96 catalog, inlays and all.

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
Hm are you sure? I didn't think Japanese guitars from 1996 would have that.

Anyway cool guitar regardless.
Well, I'm not 100% sure if theyre real or not. Somene on another forum said they're MOP. Definitely not plastic and comparing to my '92 Soloist pro MOP sharkies they react the same under light looking at them from different angles and show different colors. Like MOP will....

None of my jacksons with pearloid/MOTO inlays are like this and they're more bland in colour.

Last edited: