Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Because nothing screams cutting edge, modern guitar design like a...

*checks notes*

Les Paul copy.

Eh. Band has all black shit and plants and trees decoration onstage. Natural woods and see thrus on black? fit. White? doesn't. I wouldn't bet on blues lawyers playing those guitars either. But why do I know :shrug:

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Eh. Band has all black shit and plants and trees decoration onstage. Natural woods and see thrus on black? fit. White? doesn't. I wouldn't bet on blues lawyers playing those guitars either. But why do I know :shrug:
The idea that natural wood goes with black better than white is truly wild.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The idea that natural wood goes with black better than white is truly wild.
No. Natural wood goes well with plants and trees (which they use for stage decoration). Wood happens to come from trees, which is truly wild.

Anyway the website is too slow for me to continue this conversation :lol:

DimMak

Reaction score
Recently aquired 95 Soloist Professional XL MIJ.
Was a little rough so I upgraded. fret job, new nut, new Schaller, fat brass block, Red Bishop push in arm (I prefer the floyd brand push in but I hadn't tried one of these before).

Swapped the SD Blackouts even though the single coils had a really cool clean tone. Went with Duncan RTM in the bridge, Dimarzio Air Norton S in the neck and Mirage in the middle. All cool pickups. New Dimarzio CTS 500k pot.
Ditched the tone knob and mini toggle for the blackout mode switching. Its a pretty sweet guitar now although not the most cost effective.

Attachments

• 20231022_030516.jpg
    20231022_030516.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 20231221_020947.jpg
    20231221_020947.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • 20231221_021013.jpg
    20231221_021013.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Really should have gone the extra step and color-matched the logo with the pinstripe color. Inlays also look like shit for something that's nearing the $3k mark.

Can anyone enlighten me why Jackson refuse to bring back the single pickup RR24?

View attachment 134609

I wish I knew. I own 2 of them and I'm always on the lookout for more on Ebay and Reverb, but they're so overpriced now. My first one I bought new for $1400 in like 2007 or 2008 and my second one I paid $700 for in 2018 before gear started skyrocketing. At this point I may just hold off and get a custom shop one of these

Also, I don't know how many of you have played these RR24s compared to the more recent RR models but at some point they changed the neck contour meeting the body. You can't see it in pictures but the newer ones have a more abrupt slant than the older RR24s from the 2000s had. The 24s had a more smooth, gradual feel leading into the heel where as the new ones feel a little clunky to me.

When I have time maybe I'll make a video comparing the ones on my MIJ RR24s with my RR24MG.

Dahlius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wish I knew. I own 2 of them and I'm always on the lookout for more on Ebay and Reverb, but they're so overpriced now. My first one I bought new for $1400 in like 2007 or 2008 and my second one I paid $700 for in 2018 before gear started skyrocketing. At this point I may just hold off and get a custom shop one of these
I had one of those limited edition ones (with the reverse inlays) and sold it within 3 days of listing it on reverb, the demand is there and Jackson are leaving money on the table by not reviving those models.

IMG_0934.JPEG

xzacx

Reaction score
Has anyone any kind of experience with the Broderick Pro Series?
I've owned a USA and played a couple Pro Series, and I thought the specific examples of Broderick imports I played really held their own. They were super heavy like the USAs, so no better or worse in that department. Same pickups, which are basically my favorite passive pickups there are—I'd buy these for multiple guitars I currently own if they were sold separately. I should mention they were both used though, so they could have had any playability issues sorted out via previous owners. I'm sure there's some inconsistency from one example to the next, but I thought they were a totally solid guitar overall. I've been considering grabbing one when I see a good deal just because I miss my USA so much, and prices on those are like triple now of what I bought (and sold) my original one for. It's really one of the most unique models Jackson offers, and I love them personally.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I've owned a USA and played a couple Pro Series, and I thought the specific examples of Broderick imports I played really held their own. They were super heavy like the USAs, so no better or worse in that department. Same pickups, which are basically my favorite passive pickups there are—I'd buy these for multiple guitars I currently own if they were sold separately. I should mention they were both used though, so they could have had any playability issues sorted out via previous owners. I'm sure there's some inconsistency from one example to the next, but I thought they were a totally solid guitar overall. I've been considering grabbing one when I see a good deal just because I miss my USA so much, and prices on those are like triple now of what I bought (and sold) my original one for. It's really one of the most unique models Jackson offers, and I love them personally.
I'm going to order it today at my local store, as its parent store has it in stock but the local one doesn't
Far from the holidays it would have been a couple of days max, but I suppose it'll be here past January 3rd

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Purchased it
Hopefully will be here in a week
Damn holidays...

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
major want (USA Select DK24 Zilla Burst):

416025235_10225157572182804_9056869031014709742_n.jpg