meambobbo

Reaction score
yep, I hear the POD Dry Signal through my Amp, and the Impulse with a really good ammount of Lag.....

I read a few threads at the line 6 forums but they didn't helped much :rolleyes:

Community: POD HD500 Real-Time Monitoring in Reaper
this sums up what happens to me

reduce your buffer size on those pages above. The lower the better as far as latency goes, but you may get pops, clicks, and dropouts. That's the nature of USB and audio streams it seems. The ASIO driver should try to maintain a constant stream of data, but it will need SOME buffer to actually provide an uninterrupted stream of audio.

Some have commented that USB has almost as much bandwidth as firewire, but I dunno - I've always had too much lag from a USB device, even at 48 kHZ, but that being said, I've only used Line 6 devices like that. With my M Audio firewire solo interface I have 3 ms of latency, and can record 4 tracks of mono audio simultaneously at 96 kHZ. I connect the Pod via SPDIF so there's no extra set of DA/AD conversions, although those shouldn't necessarily be viewed as a tone killer.

Maybe a dedicated interface like the M-Box or something similar would fare better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Hey guys, the new POD HD desktop I bought has slightly wobbly 1-2-3-4 dials/knobs - is that normal ? (They don't feel damaged, just not tightly connected)

Doesn't sound "normal" to me. Or desirable to say the least. I'd pull the knobs off, then try to tighten the hardware. If that makes you a little scared or doesn't work, I'd try to swap it out. Where'd you get it from?

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
Doesn't sound "normal" to me. Or desirable to say the least. I'd pull the knobs off, then try to tighten the hardware. If that makes you a little scared or doesn't work, I'd try to swap it out. Where'd you get it from?

I bought it from Andertons (Guildford/uk) - very good place, so I'm sure they'll help out if it is damaged.

Love the POD HD - and your website it unbelievably helpful, hugely appreciate it :bowdown:

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
Seems like the little bit of wobble is ok, nothing to worry about.
Recommend getting one from them as you get this bundled with it - POD Bag, Lead, Mount & Backtrack Recorder :)

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Anyone have any pointers on how I can record with my HD500 into Cubase without is sounding like muffled/fuzzy crap? I'm running the guitar into the Pod then the Pod to Cubase via USB. The bit depth doesn't prevent the crappness of the sound. Is it down to the Line6 cab sim's not playing nice with DI or something else I'm missing?

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Anyone have any pointers on how I can record with my HD500 into Cubase without is sounding like muffled/fuzzy crap? I'm running the guitar into the Pod then the Pod to Cubase via USB. The bit depth doesn't prevent the crappness of the sound. Is it down to the Line6 cab sim's not playing nice with DI or something else I'm missing?

Run us through your patch. Just gotta tweak.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Sound like shit through headphones or just into cubase? I think there's a +18 db boost on the pod hd driver control panel. It may default to on which is causing your signal to clip

TallestFiddle

Reaction score
I randomly downloaded some patches that turned out to be for the HD Pro and HD 500 but I found a convertor program which flawlessly transposed them in to .HBE format and all the patches ended up working.

Could you tell me what program that is? I didn't think that was possible :)

Reaction score

If it sounds like crap don't blame the POD or bit rate. Tweak your tone and make a decent one.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
ok before i get yelled at for not using the search button. i DID use it. i can only find out how to hook it up to a hd500 using the effects loop. well there is a preamp input on my 6505+ so im asking how would i hook up the HD PRO. sorry if i missed it in the search but i feel like ive been looking for a few hours and nothing... guide me please!

Reaction score
ok before i get yelled at for not using the search button. i DID use it. i can only find out how to hook it up to a hd500 using the effects loop. well there is a preamp input on my 6505+ so im asking how would i hook up the HD PRO. sorry if i missed it in the search but i feel like ive been looking for a few hours and nothing... guide me please!

Connect the HD500/PRO straight into the POWER AMP IN of your amp head. Remember to set the HD to Power Amp In in the Global Settings.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

This link might help you out in the future The Answerer 5000

Literally THE most commonly asked question about the pod hd series. I think I need to put it in my signature. Anyone that says they couldn't find the answer is quite obviously not trying.

End rant.