This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ok so, are there any other ways to record dry DI (and hear your tones - wet) with the POD HD500 other than by setting up a second disabled amp (no effects or anything) and panning your main signal chain hard left or right and panning the disabled amp the other way?

Is there another way to record DI?

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
Ok so, are there any other ways to record dry DI (and hear your tones - wet) with the POD HD500 other than by setting up a second disabled amp (no effects or anything) and panning your main signal chain hard left or right and panning the disabled amp the other way?

Is there another way to record DI?

Maybe using the SPDIF out and an external interface...

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I suppose you want the patch? ;)

I'll be back from camping in a week or less and ill post it. I just got here today and it already was pouring rain for a while, so you might get it sooner than later lol

Or maybe I'll just be a tease and keep this one for my "signature" tone ;)

mongey

Reaction score
I'll have to check it out when I'm not on my phone. I'm glad that so many people seem to really like my intervals patch :)

I dowloaded a bunch of yours last man man to check out.

the intervals one is really good. it was one of those ones I played with it by itself and was like "it's alright" but chucked on a 16 bar addictive drums metal groove and riffed away for an hour . sounded great with drums underneath filling it out . so many patches are the opposite on that site . they sound good alone but chuck on some drums and they turn to mud

your and bobo's are def more geared towards a sound in a mix

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I dowloaded a bunch of yours last man man to check out.

the intervals one is really good. it was one of those ones I played with it by itself and was like "it's alright" but chucked on a 16 bar addictive drums metal groove and riffed away for an hour . sounded great with drums underneath filling it out . so many patches are the opposite on that site . they sound good alone but chuck on some drums and they turn to mud

your and bobo's are def more geared towards a sound in a mix

In a mix is the only place that tone matters :) my band is just me and my laptop so I need to make my tones work well for my recording. The only other tones I make are tone matches, so they're already in a mix ;)

Also, just to shed a little more light on my tone tease, beleive it or not, it's a single amp tone. Bogner with xxl cab and 57 on axis. Throw in a little Q filter, pre-eq and high/low pass and you got a killer tone. This is actually the first time I didn't use a compressor in as long as I can remember...

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
In a mix is the only place that tone matters :) my band is just me and my laptop so I need to make my tones work well for my recording. The only other tones I make are tone matches, so they're already in a mix ;)

Also, just to shed a little more light on my tone tease, beleive it or not, it's a single amp tone. Bogner with xxl cab and 57 on axis. Throw in a little Q filter, pre-eq and high/low pass and you got a killer tone. This is actually the first time I didn't use a compressor in as long as I can remember...

That's' pretty much my approach. No comp, XXL cab, SM57 on or off axis. And I like to turn the cab resonance down to around 10% and decay to 0%, gives it some amazing clarity

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
That's' pretty much my approach. No comp, XXL cab, SM57 on or off axis. And I like to turn the cab resonance down to around 10% and decay to 0%, gives it some amazing clarity

I've always preferred the 409 mic, but lately the tones ive been going for have needed a 57. I used to always turn decay down to 0 but lately I've just left it at 50. Resonance and thump are usually at 50 as well. Sometimes I turn it down to 45. I don't like how it sounds if I turn resonance down for some reason.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Thought id share a recent pod hd trial/tribulation. I use the recto model mainly.i'd been having trouble getting a tone that cuts through the band mix live - not a volume issue, just want to cut through at lower volume. I just got a mesa 50/50 but before that, with ss power amps, id have to crank my bass on the amp model to get that recto punch. So my bass was always well over halfway. I crank my mids typically.

Tonight i finally took the bass down to around 9-10 oclock like i would on my real dualrec, and everything else really opened up. Way more definition and still plenty of low end from the 50/50. Now the treble is less harsh as well. Cant wait til fridays gig to really test it.

Nothing groundbreaking i know, but if anyone was having similar issues wanted to pass it on....feeling good about the pod right now.

By the way in my recent trial i tried a few analog pedals in the pods loop. None even came close to the pod models for amp like distortion.

-cheese