This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
So are these from another SC player?

Nope. Those are my patches and they work well with every guitar I own.

Thinking a patch is limited to sounding good on one guitar is like assuming that you can't use different brands of strings to get a good sound.

Even if they were done on the exact same guitar, it doesn't mean that they're somehow better than any other. The whole point of these units is to get the tone that sounds best to YOU. Like for example, meambobbo's patches are great, but I always go back to my patches because they sound like me.

Allealex

Reaction score
Guys i need your help with my Pod HD 500: I tried to duplicate the 6505 patch that JoshuaSeaEater has uploaded, but my tone is very very thin and weak! While his one is huge and so awsome! Can anyone exlpain me why?
(as soon as i can i'll upload the tone on soundcloud :) )

SDSM

Reaction score

Thinking a patch is limited to sounding good on one guitar is like assuming that you can't use different brands of strings to get a good sound.

Even if they were done on the exact same guitar, it doesn't mean that they're somehow better than any other. The whole point of these units is to get the tone that sounds best to YOU. Like for example, meambobbo's patches are great, but I always go back to my patches because they sound like me.

I have just tried other patches before and had got pretty crappy results thats all. I usually find and have been told that patches work differently on different pick ups. Like once I tried a Pod Farm patch that someone made for their guitar which had Blackouts and it just didn't sound good for mine which has the stock EMG 81-7's no matter how much I tweaked it.

meanbobbos have got me pretty close to what I am looking for though.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I have just tried other patches before and had got pretty crappy results thats all. I usually find and have been told that patches work differently on different pick ups. Like once I tried a Pod Farm patch that someone made for their guitar which had Blackouts and it just didn't sound good for mine which has the stock EMG 81-7's no matter how much I tweaked it.

meanbobbos have got me pretty close to what I am looking for though.

I've stated before that 98% of the patches on the customtone site are junk. I have sound samples of my patches at RickyCigs's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I have used them with a bunch of different pickups and they sound good to me with all of them. The nice thing about customtone though is that not only are the patches free, but you can just delete them if they're shitty :hbang:

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score

I have an sc-607b and these patches sound great! thanks for sharing ricky!:bowdown:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Good to hear! I've tweaked the Mesa patch a bit since then, but I'd it sounds good then it's a good starting point for you both.

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
Guys i need your help with my Pod HD 500: I tried to duplicate the 6505 patch that JoshuaSeaEater has uploaded, but my tone is very very thin and weak! While his one is huge and so awsome! Can anyone exlpain me why?
(as soon as i can i'll upload the tone on soundcloud :) )

Hey bud. Hope I can shed some light on this. I dual tracked the guitars hard left and hard right and tracked a FAT bass tone dead centre. The pickup I used was an EMG 81 in the bridge. Guitars in drop C.

I think the bass makes a huge difference. Here is the same clip without the bass. If you compare the two you will hear what I mean.

Joshua's 6505 Tone No Bass by SeaEater on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

SDSM

Reaction score
Good to hear! I've tweaked the Mesa patch a bit since then, but I'd it sounds good then it's a good starting point for you both.

Do you do any post eq on your guitar tracks in the mixing stage? Regarding your Soundcloud recordings. They sound great!

SDSM

Reaction score
Hey bud. Hope I can shed some light on this. I dual tracked the guitars hard left and hard right and tracked a FAT bass tone dead centre. The pickup I used was an EMG 81 in the bridge. Guitars in drop C.

I think the bass makes a huge difference. Here is the same clip without the bass. If you compare the two you will hear what I mean.

Joshua's 6505 Tone No Bass by SeaEater on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hey Josh do you have this patch for download? I would like to fool around with it.