This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I've only had the 500 for 2 days now and I'm amazed with this thing. I never imagined it would have all these capabilities. I'm stil getting use to it and trying to record but once I get all the problems figured out ill be good. Also, the Yamaha monitors sound AWESOME. I know sound is subjective but these are prefect for me. Very nice, clear, and crisp. Great mids and highs. If you like a lot of lows though then they're not for you.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I've only had the 500 for 2 days now and I'm amazed with this thing. I never imagined it would have all these capabilities. I'm stil getting use to it and trying to record but once I get all the problems figured out ill be good. Also, the Yamaha monitors sound AWESOME. I know sound is subjective but these are prefect for me. Very nice, clear, and crisp. Great mids and highs. If you like a lot of lows though then they're not for you.

Guitars are mid range instruments anyway ;)

My m-audios don't have a lot of low end either. Between my monitors and my krk headphones I can mix the low end fairly well. At some point I'm gonna buy a studio sub to go with them. The sub with my logitech setup for my playstation sounds great, but it doesn't have any adjustment so I have no idea what the cutoffs are set at.

They're still useful to review a mix on though. If there's too much bass, they'll tell you lol

One handy thing for your pod, is if your hooked up to your monitors using the 1/4's or xlr's you can leave the spdif hooked up to your stereo for quick switching.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Hey Kane. For that periphery song, did you just import the mp3 into your recording program? And are the guitars from the original song turned down, because if so how did you do that?

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Hey Kane. For that periphery song, did you just import the mp3 into your recording program? And are the guitars from the original song turned down, because if so how did you do that?

IT's just the instrumental track from the record, guitars are not turned down, which is why I put mine kinda high in the mix and panned the original out in parts.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
hmm, im using Reaper, and for some reason when I have a MP3 version of a song in reaper and i'm adding my 2nd track of me playing over it....when I try and upload to soundcloud it only has my track and not the MP3.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
hmm, im using Reaper, and for some reason when I have a MP3 version of a song in reaper and i'm adding my 2nd track of me playing over it....when I try and upload to soundcloud it only has my track and not the MP3.

Are you exporting the mixdown or just the track?

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Are you exporting the mixdown or just the track?

this is only my 2nd day ever recording so i'm very new to this haha. I didn't really mix anything. I imported and MP3 Media file into Reaper and then added the 2nd track(me, guitar) to play over it and I saved the project.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
this is only my 2nd day ever recording so i'm very new to this haha. I didn't really mix anything. I imported and MP3 Media file into Reaper and then added the 2nd track(me, guitar) to play over it and I saved the project.

The mixdown is all the included tracks. It doesn't mean it has to be mixed. I use cubase so I can't be that much help. You can try soloing both tracks that your using and then export the mixdown.

MrYakob

Reaction score
I was just in the process of setting up my POD to bypass the preamp of my 5150 for only the clean patches (Cause let's be honest, the cleans on the evh don't come anywhere near close to the pod) and I figured 'what the hell, why not experiment a little' so I pulled up your Diezel patch Ricky and man let me tell you... I'd been playing with it as my go-to patch through my studio monitors to record but once I pumped it through that tube power section it fraking SLAYED! I swear I instantly sprouted a beard, insanely nice work on that one man:shred::hbang:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I was just in the process of setting up my POD to bypass the preamp of my 5150 for only the clean patches (Cause let's be honest, the cleans on the evh don't come anywhere near close to the pod) and I figured 'what the hell, why not experiment a little' so I pulled up your Diezel patch Ricky and man let me tell you... I'd been playing with it as my go-to patch through my studio monitors to record but once I pumped it through that tube power section it fraking SLAYED! I swear I instantly sprouted a beard, insanely nice work on that one man:shred::hbang:

Haha thanks! I'm actually going to make a second version of it tonight. This one will be a Randall satan patch. Stay tuned for it!

If your a fan of Feared or Ola Englund, I'm pretty sure you'll dig it.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Using one of Bobbo's patches (can't remember which one off the top of my head), this is mainly for me to test out the new pickups.

Quad tracked, no post-production (compression/gate/eq/etc/nada)

1, left 100%, CL bridge
2, left 60%, CL bridge/CAP-VM1S
3, right 60%, LF neck, CAP-VM1S
4, right 100%, LF neck

https://soundcloud.com/ghostred7/tone-test-cl-lf-combo

Last edited:

PrestoDone

Cork Sniffer
Reaction score

PodHdBean

Reaction score
sweeet looking forward to see what you have came up with :hbang:

i couldnt get those low mids the randall satan has with any on board cabs =/
Haha thanks! I'm actually going to make a second version of it tonight. This one will be a Randall satan patch. Stay tuned for it!

If your a fan of Feared or Ola Englund, I'm pretty sure you'll dig it.

AaronGraves

Reaction score
My friend has some DI tracks he wants me to reamp, but I have no idea how to do this. I don't have a separate interface, I just use my HD Pro as the interface. I know I'll need a reamp box, but will I also need a separate interface to do this? I hope someone can help me with this! Thanks! :hbang:

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Wow that sounded really good.
Thx!

Now if I can figure out how to get this gigantic keyboard's MIDI to do something w/ SD, I may be able to toss together a "real" track so I can see how it works in a mix.

After years of being in stale cover bands....creativity = nil lol

Shask

Reaction score
Man, I cannot understate the importance of the Mid-Focus EQ!

I am always comparing my Axe-FX Standard and HD500. Many times the HD500 just makes me want to throw it. Most of the time I play into cabs without cab models in stack poweramp mode.

I have read over and over about the Mid-Focus EQ for making the guitar sit in the mix, but I never thought to mess with it for poweramp/cab use. I was messing with it today and it helped massively! I think the thing that bugs me most about the HD500 is the kazoo sound in the highs. I like darker sounds, and the Axe-FX is pretty dark. Using the Mid-Focus EQ really helped take that annoying sound away. I compensated by cranking up the treble and presence on the amp. Sounded WAY better than anything else I have done with it lately!

Try it at the end of the chain, even if it is not for recording. Dial out the kazoo, and dial out a little bit of boom in the lows.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
My friend has some DI tracks he wants me to reamp, but I have no idea how to do this. I don't have a separate interface, I just use my HD Pro as the interface. I know I'll need a reamp box, but will I also need a separate interface to do this? I hope someone can help me with this! Thanks! :hbang:

I'll post this on Ricky's behalf. :lol: Not sure if it's the same for the HD Pro, but I'm assuming it's pretty similar.

Re-Amping on HD500

-Launch your DAW.
-Assign your POD HD500 as the audio device/driver.
-Create a track.
-Start using a blank patch, so that you can record your guitar clean.
-Connect your guitar to the Guitar Input.
-Record your guitar part.
-Disarm the record enable on this track once you are done recording.
-Create another track with the same input, but mute it, but record enable it.
-On the HD500, using a instrument cable, connect the L MONO out to the guitar input.
-Configure your tone, or bring up a patch.
-Launch the Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices menu, and under the inputs & recording tab please decrease the hardware monitor level all the way.
-After you are happy with your tone, press record.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

You can reamp with just the unit. I have posted the how to numerous times. If I'm feeling motivated I may post it again.

Edit: ninja'd on that one. Thanks for saving me the time!