Listen to my 42 minute EP! (FREE) - instrumental prog-metal/fusion/djent/post-rock

• Thread starter prh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
ahh thanks man :) hope you dig it! yeah ive found so many amazing artists on this forum it is ridiculous

and while im here, writing the follow up at the moment! it is actually probably going to be 2 follow ups - a solo release like a fusionyer/postrockier version of this EP, and then halcyon's next EP which will have vocals and keyboards and is gonna be huge ;)

:eek:

Cmv120

Reaction score
Definitely need to find someone that has some badass clean vox for this stuff. :D

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Listened to half of Noodles and bought the EP. Some seriously good stuff you've got here, man. Keep it up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
This is some really good stuff. The playing is controlled, tasty, and clean. Great job dude.

cheers man!

Super stoked to hear that man, I've been rocking the EP in my car nonstop for a month now haha. Can't wait to hear new material!

ahh thats awesome to hear, cheers man! and i cant wait for the skyharbor album :)

Definitely need to find someone that has some badass clean vox for this stuff. :D

thats the plan!

Listened to half of Noodles and bought the EP. Some seriously good stuff you've got here, man. Keep it up!

thanks pal :) hope you enjoy

IamSatai

Reaction score
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/re...t-fusion-chimp-spannery-feel-good-ending.html
I saw this thread and was disappointed at missing when the tread was alive to thank you for such an enjoyable experience. In the hope of finding more music of similar standard I checked out your profile and found an EP, at this point I was happy. Just finished listening to noodle, and now I am very happy. I cannot wait to listen to the rest of the EP, thanks for a really enjoyable 42 mins :).

May I just say, 3 songs called noodle! You must really like noodle. But do you like noodle this much?

prh

Plini
Reaction score
HAHA thats awesome

i dont actually know how i ended up with 3 songs called Noodle (although in my defense theyre are at least musically linked). im going to attempt to take titling more seriously next time :lol:

and thanks man, glad you enjoy the EP :)

IamSatai

Reaction score
HAHA thats awesome

i dont actually know how i ended up with 3 songs called Noodle (although in my defense theyre are at least musically linked). im going to attempt to take titling more seriously next time :lol:

and thanks man, glad you enjoy the EP :)

Haha, ye don't worry, dosen't matter what it's called as long as its good music. I've finished listening to the EP and I really did enjoy it, in fact I've just started listening to it again. It combined so many sounds I love; Chimp Spanner, prog, djent, even a bit of Django. "Django Frett" was my favourite song for that very reason, It was really interesting to hear how all these sounds could come together.

I look forward to picking up an LP by Halcyon in hopefully the not so distant future.

Shor

Reaction score
Wow this is brilliant, best thing I've listened to in a while.
No chance of this being available in iTunes anytime? I kinda like having all my music collected in one place, especially with iCloud being available soon enough.
I'll most definitely purchase this in whatever way I can though, but I'd prefer iTunes :)

prh

Plini
Reaction score
I look forward to picking up an LP by Halcyon in hopefully the not so distant future.

look forward to getting one out to ya :) thanks again man

Wow this is brilliant, best thing I've listened to in a while.
No chance of this being available in iTunes anytime? I kinda like having all my music collected in one place, especially with iCloud being available soon enough.
I'll most definitely purchase this in whatever way I can though, but I'd prefer iTunes :)

nah i didnt wanna go through the hassle of itunes for my first release, it ends up more expensive for both the buyer and the seller. you can pick it up on bandcamp for 5 bucks here: Halcyon

but honestly i dont mind if you just google "halcyon pastures" and get it for free haha. just tell a friend ;)

and what the fuck this thread has over 3000 views now, you guys are the best :wub:

Shor

Reaction score
nah i didnt wanna go through the hassle of itunes for my first release, it ends up more expensive for both the buyer and the seller. you can pick it up on bandcamp for 5 bucks here: Halcyon

but honestly i dont mind if you just google "halcyon pastures" and get it for free haha. just tell a friend ;)

I figured that might be a reason for not releasing on iTunes. It could help you get out there though :)
Anyway...I could download for free, but I won't. I used to all the time when I was younger and had no income...but now that I do, I certainly don't mind supporting great artists that are basically giving away their mega-EP's for close to nothing anyway! :)

edit: There you go, one happy swedish customer :)

Last edited:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I hadn't listened to this in a while until today, not for lack of loving it of course! It blows me away every time. I've never heard lead playing anything like yours and can't imagine anyone being able to such a sound. Your technique is mindblowing. I don't know what you do to that guitar but don't you dare stop :lol:

prh

Plini
Reaction score
How many plays are you sitting at on the bandcamp now? :D

just under 40000 :) and i wish i understood last.fm better but it seems there are like about 1000 scrobbles per track there whatever that means haha

I figured that might be a reason for not releasing on iTunes. It could help you get out there though :)
Anyway...I could download for free, but I won't. I used to all the time when I was younger and had no income...but now that I do, I certainly don't mind supporting great artists that are basically giving away their mega-EP's for close to nothing anyway! :)

edit: There you go, one happy swedish customer :)

cheers man, really do appreciate it!

I hadn't listened to this in a while until today, not for lack of loving it of course! It blows me away every time. I've never heard lead playing anything like yours and can't imagine anyone being able to such a sound. Your technique is mindblowing. I don't know what you do to that guitar but don't you dare stop :lol:

thanks again :)

prh

Plini
Reaction score
hahaha you are indeed. still getting roughly 100 song plays per day which is pretty fucking ridiculous :D

i still remember the first time i posted the first halcyon song on another forum and was like "HOLY SHIT MY THREAD GOT 20 VIEWS AND 1 REPLY!!!" :lol:

TasmanSam

Reaction score
^ Glad to see things are going well for you mate! :yesway:
Not going to lie I am a tad jealous of how successful your EP was compared to mine :lol:

Phreeck

Reaction score
Awesome dude, really love this style!

I've only listened to a few tracks but I will continue to listen to the whole album :)

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
hahaha you are indeed. still getting roughly 100 song plays per day which is pretty fucking ridiculous :D

i still remember the first time i posted the first halcyon song on another forum and was like "HOLY SHIT MY THREAD GOT 20 VIEWS AND 1 REPLY!!!" :lol:

I'm still in that stage :lol: I miss the older regulars that actually posted on my music. :wub:

LRF

Reaction score
What a wonderful thing that this thread was in the front page today! I'm gonna buy it as soon as my credit card bill closes for next month (have I expressed that right? Not a native english speaker... :ugh:)

Couldn't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. I wish you success and look forward to hearing new stuff from you. Why don't you upload some videos on YouTube or something? That would blow my mind :metal: