Marc Okubo now with Kiesel?

• Thread starter QuantumCybin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just meant with Charvel doing a bit more, sig model for Satchel too. Ibanez reissuing the 550, Schecter with the Sun valley Shredders. Jackson even doing that sl4x reissue thing.

Yeah, stuff in the $1k range is colorful, but that's a whole different ballpark.

Jackson Signature USA 7s are $3k+. It's a whole different clientele.

I'm sure there are folks that fit that. Heck, my newest Suhr is going to be neon green. I just don't see it being a huge seller overall.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Yeah, stuff in the $1k range is colorful, but that's a whole different ballpark.

Jackson Signature USA 7s are $3k+. It's a whole different clientele.

I'm sure there are folks that fit that. Heck, my newest Suhr is going to be neon green. I just don't see it being a huge seller overall.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a USA, in fact that'd be a pretty poor choice imo. A korean/indo(no idea where Jackson make their stuff) model would do just fine I think, bright, simple spec decent enough quality.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It wouldn't necessarily have to be a USA, in fact that'd be a pretty poor choice imo. A korean/indo(no idea where Jackson make their stuff) model would do just fine I think, bright, simple spec decent enough quality.

Sounds like another color option for the existing SL Pro Series. No need for artist endorsements or anything to just provide another color to an existing model.

I figured that at least a USA model would be something that they don't currently offer.

cip 123

Reaction score
Sounds like another color option for the existing SL Pro Series. No need for artist endorsements or anything to just provide another color to an existing model.

I figured that at least a USA model would be something that they don't currently offer.
A single fluence with a floyd I think would work. Unless I'm missing that they already have a single pup soloist.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too many pages for me to quote the other people who referenced the headstock or replied to me, so forgive that but it reminds me a lot of then Dan Spitz TMNT PRS:

The-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-on-a-PRS-Spitz-2-e1414179756170.jpg

My problem with both of them is the mismatched curves and lines. I'm not an expert, and design is subjective but typically you match or duplicate radii/curves/angles to make a shape look cohesive. The Spitz and the Kiesel, the tuner side, the opposite side and the tip all have different angles to them.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too many pages for me to quote the other people who referenced the headstock or replied to me, so forgive that but it reminds me a lot of then Dan Spitz TMNT PRS:

The-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-on-a-PRS-Spitz-2-e1414179756170.jpg

My problem with both of them is the mismatched curves and lines. I'm not an expert, and design is subjective but typically you match or duplicate radii/curves/angles to make a shape look cohesive. The Spitz and the Kiesel, the tuner side, the opposite side and the tip all have different angles to them.

That headstock is proof that some people should not be allowed to use a full custom shop :lol: (and yes Spitz did design it himself)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I feel like Kiesel is pulling what Legator did, where they just start sniping people who are on big name rosters (Ibanez, Jackson, ESP) and offering them a full custom so they’ll come over to their side. I mean, clearly it’s working, but how many people have a shit about Legator after a while, if at all?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I feel like Kiesel is pulling what Legator did, where they just start sniping people who are on big name rosters (Ibanez, Jackson, ESP) and offering them a full custom so they’ll come over to their side. I mean, clearly it’s working, but how many people have a shit about Legator after a while, if at all?
Yeah, I think that is a smart move for an unknown company, but I’m not sure Kiesel is unknown. But, it could be we’re just so geeky about guitars we think it’s a household name. Perhaps the average guy wanting a custom doesn’t know about them?

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that is a smart move for an unknown company, but I’m not sure Kiesel is unknown. But, it could be we’re just so geeky about guitars we think it’s a household name. Perhaps the average guy wanting a custom doesn’t know about them?

It’s been said somewhere else here before, but I feel like 99% of people only know a Les Paul or a Stratocaster just by shape, and 90% of guitarists only know Fender and Gibson exist lol

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I’d hazard that more people are aware of the “Carvin” brand than the current Super Bevel Bros. incarnation that buried it upside down and naked.

Yep. I remember when the Kiesel name started blowing up around here. I knew Carvin well and good, but I had literally zero idea who or what a Kiesel was and didn't understand why everyone was getting their panties wet (and well, seeing THAT about them, I guess I still don't and wont ever :lol:)
Somehow I had never seen the name Kiesel referenced anywhere ever and I'd never looked into the history of the company beyond reading and seeing how Steve Vai played their amps in the '80s.
But it would seem right there in the Wikipedia article that a Lowel C Kiesel founded the company. Ah well

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Reminds me of the old Peavey Vandenberg. Not a bad thing, really.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score