Michael Angelo Batio's New Quad Guitar

• Thread starter Xiphos68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
While I'm not a fan, I do like his signature. Just not the flames :noway:

Not really into the quad, but he can obviously play it :yesway: That tone kills my ears though :lol:

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
He aint got SHIT on Rick Nielsen
CheapTrickGuitar.jpg

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
double guitar made sense for him, quad is just retarded (or for looks, which to me is retarded)

Pretty sure he keeps all of them in the same tuning too

His old ones were prettier though, they atleast looked like they belonged together not like 4 gimpy guitars screwed to a back plate :ugh:

Niels

Reaction score
Too be honest only one word comes to mind whenever I hear or read about Batio's quad guitars... and that'd be FAIL.
I mean, when I first heard about his double guitar I found him pretty inventive.
But after seeing him live a couple of times and had a little chat with him, I think otherwise. The man really needs to know his place and that he is not our guitargod, which led him to ridiculous creations like all these "quad-guitar".

:2c:

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
"Needlessly excessive" was a fashionable concept in the 80s. That ended 20 years ago. Besides, such wasted excess is hilarious. Each guitar could've been tuned differently, had a different number of strings, pickup choice etc.

Vai's triple neck had different drone tuning involved, and was absolutely gorgeous. A 12 string, 6 string, and 6 string fretless necked monster.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Batio is just fail all round. I have no idea why he still continues to make music, perhaps mislead to believe that someone actually wants to listen to it.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I like his other one better. This one, like someone else already said, just looks like four little guitars screwed to a back plate. It doesn't look very neat or impressive at all, which normally I wouldn't care much about, but the only reason to own a guitar like that is for show.

Regardless of his music and self image, his clinics are still somewhat entertaining.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Batio is just fail all round. I have no idea why he still continues to make music, perhaps mislead to believe that someone actually wants to listen to it.

:agreed:

I admire his contribution to Guitar Education but I got tired of his music a very long time ago - for a guy with a Degree in Music Composition it really doesn't show.....and the Quad is just a waste of wood. I do like the Armourflame paint (hey, I am partially stuck in the 80's) but as stated elsewhere it really could have been used to make a musical, rather than technical statement.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Not a big fan of Batio, but his work is interesting, as are his guitars.

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Never could get into his music and thought that the two guitars connected together was a "different" idea. Always felt that Stanley Jordan did a better job of this style of play and honestly prefer him (Stanley) with a single guitar.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I know right. Here is his other one used in a video, this one got stolen.

how the hell do you steal something like that? :lol:

Never could get into his music and thought that the two guitars connected together was a "different" idea. Always felt that Stanley Jordan did a better job of this style of play and honestly prefer him (Stanley) with a single guitar.
stanley jordan is a BEAST