NBA Thread

• Thread starter rummy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
The Magic were supposed to be a lot tougher matchup for the Celtics then the Lakers. The problem with the Magic is that there a to many role players and not enough leaders. They don't even help there own teamates up when they fall down. There are some serious chemistry issues on that team.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I've said it many times, Vince Carter is over-rated. He is supposed to be a "star" player, but he pretty much went disappeared in both game 3 and 4.

On the other hand, the Suns are tougher than most people give them credit for, but the Lakers ain't THAT good of a road team either. So the 2-2 tied isn't a surprised to me at all. What sort of surprised me was that, why would the Lakers not attacking the Suns with Pau and/or Odom more? They create match up nightmares for the Suns...

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Though I am not rooting for the Magic, I am glad they won game 5. It means I get to watch game 6 live on tv! :D

And I have to say it again, VC is over-rated!!!

Sebastian

Reaction score
And I have to say it again, VC is over-rated!!!

I can't really agree with that, I think after all these years he's still good, and he
was/is a important part in Magic this season.

Still i hope LA will win this year :yesway:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I can't really agree with that, I think after all these years he's still good, and he
was/is a important part in Magic this season.

As I always say, you make a name in the regular season, while making a reputation in the playoffs. VC is still a better than decent player, and I have no argument there; but he never played like a superstar in big game is what I think he is over-rated!

Kobe, LBJ, D-Wade or even D-Howard might have a bad game here and there, but unlike those guys VC just wouldn't bounce back and keeps fading in this series. :noplease:

Still i hope LA will win this year :yesway:

Thanks. :yesway:

Great LA game ! Kobe had a nice 3...
Ron Artest :yesway:

Mr. Nash, the fishing boat for you and your party is ready. :D

Sebastian

Reaction score
Kobe, LBJ, D-Wade or even D-Howard might have a bad game here and there, but unlike those guys VC just wouldn't bounce back and keeps fading in this series. :noplease:

I'm maybe not up to date with NBA these days.. I still remember Vince as a WOOOW BAD ASS Dunker, saw a couple Magic game recaps on nba.com during the season, and i liked his game.

Boston in the finals :yesway:

Waiting for LA :)

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I'm maybe not up to date with NBA these days.. I still remember Vince as a WOOOW BAD ASS Dunker, saw a couple Magic game recaps on nba.com during the season, and i liked his game.

Boston in the finals :yesway:

Waiting for LA :)

Carter's high flying, power dunking days have long been gone, my friend. He arrived in Orlando at least 2 - 3 years too late. These days he can barely create his own shot and finish it like he used to. Plus, he is never known for his defense either. So I actually thought the Magic were making a bad mistake by signing Carter and letting Hedo go last year.

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
Who do you guys think is going to be on Kobe this year? Rondo or Pierce? i know the height is going to be an issues but I think Rondo would do a good job because he is so fast.

Homebrew1709

Reaction score
Who do you guys think is going to be on Kobe this year? Rondo or Pierce? i know the height is going to be an issues but I think Rondo would do a good job because he is so fast.

No chance Rondo (6'1") guards Kobe (6'6"). Kobe would hit jumpers over him all day long. Just look at what he did to Grant Hill and Jared Dudley (6'8" and 6'7", respectively) in the last series. I'm a huge Suns fan but I gotta admit that the last jumper he hit over Grant Hill in game 6 was just incredible.

Will likely be Ray Allen since Pierce will need to guard Artest.

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
Players are just going to have to except that Kobe is gonna hit some incredible shots. I don't know if Height really would matter though because "Big Baby" Davis is only 6'9" and he plays center. They have to make kobe take difficult shots if they wanna win IMO.

Reaction score
lakers vs. celtics should be good...if the c's keep playing the type of stingy defense they've been playing then i think that the lakers will have a lot of trouble with them because i don't think they will be able to keep up with the offense the celtics will deliver in return...all i can say is PERK KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!haha

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I know this is kind of not relevent, but in the past 10 years since 1999; the team with home court advantage in the Finals (except for the 2006 Mavs) won the championship.

All in all, this is going to be a hell of a series for sure!!