Neural DSP teasing something new (Quad Cortex)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
A pedal I can load their plugins into??

GAS!!!!!!!
Here’s what I’m thinking:

It’s a multieffect unit out of the box with delay, mod effects, etc. You load special Neural Stomp or whatever versions of their amp plugins you’ve already purchased into it from your account. And it works like an audio interface over USB.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Here’s what I’m thinking:

It’s a multieffect unit out of the box with delay, mod effects, etc. You load special Neural Stomp or whatever versions of their amp plugins you’ve already purchased into it from your account. And it works like an audio interface over USB.
Shit I'd buy it

alekosh

Reaction score
Shit I'd buy it
that will be expensive, for me. i am very happy with my helix but if that is the case i should be start saving

Looking at today's picture it seems different from yesterday's sooner (pic 2 & 3 timewise). pic 2 looks much taller, with vents and a very big knob. the vents are at the bottom so i guess you are not suppose to put it on the floor. today's pic (3) looks shorter with 2 xlr & a usb at the other end, definitely 4 footswitches on the right side and a strange footshwitch/knob thing on the left side. the footswitches seem at an angle but the left thing not. if they just took the knob cover off for the pic, it is still strange as pic 2 was kind of in the middle. anyway, tomorrow we'll see

Last edited:

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
that will be expensive, for me. i am very happy with my helix but if that is the case i should be start saving

Looking at today's picture it seems different from yesterday's sooner (pic 2 & 3 timewise). pic 2 looks much taller, with vents and a very big knob. the vents are at the bottom so i guess you are not suppose to put it on the floor. today's pic (3) looks shorter with 2 xlr & a usb at the other end, definitely 4 footswitches on the right side and a strange footshwitch/knob thing on the left side. the footswitches seem at an angle but the left thing not. if they just took the knob cover off for the pic, it is still strange as pic 2 was kind of in the middle. anyway, tomorrow we'll see
Found the dude who’s a detective by day, in a metal band at night.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Oh boi it's a floor modeler, probably similar price to Fractal Audio FM3. Five switches is really good number... if it doesn't have more on the other side which we don't see yet.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Many have guessed it has a possibility to load your own amps in the unit, if it's like that my mind will be blown. Like customize your own modeler sort of thing. Personally I need only few good hi-gain amps, clean tone with possibility to break up a little and basic effects like overdrive, compressor, delay, reverb and chorus.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Looking at the "Sooner" and "Tomorrow" pics has me confused. But intrigued so kudos to Neural's marketing team. I was going to speculate a bit on what I'm seeing/not seeing between those two pics but...fuck it. I'll just wait. It's almost tomorrow. :)

Metropolis

Reaction score
My suspicion tells me something about the round corners that floorboard has. Darkglass uses that kind of design in their bass amps.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
If this has the possibility to load select amps (i only need like 3 at most), IRs with on/off/ have a separate out for those(for FOH) and has a power amp so i can plug into a cab...all in a floor board ill shit my pants. If it also has the ability to be an interface and costs under 2.5k ill buy immediately.

I think im just dreaming though :lol: