New build - HENT one piece 7string!

• Thread starter wintersun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wintersun

Reaction score
Yo everyone! New pics are here!

I finally had a chance to play it, although unpluged, and here are my observations:

- The guitar has a LOT of sustain

- It is very loud acoustically

- The low B sounds better than ANY guitar i've played, but I've never had a chance to play a baritone. I've played several 25.5 scale sevenstring, and on each of them low B sounded so much weaker when compared to low E, especially palm muted. Makes me think that no 7string should be shorter than 26" in scale.

- It is NOT heavy at all! In fact, it is amazingly light!! Weights around the same as Ibanez RG1527. And theres still some wood that needs to be removed, for top carvings.

- The extra 26" scale doesn't seem to make any noticable difference compared to all my 25.5" guitars playability wise.

- The tone acoustically is NOT bright at all (like most would expect), and there are PLENTY of lows. It sounds very balanced, and low B resonates equaly strong. Like I said tho, I've never heard any low B sounding this good unplugged in my life.

So, here are the pics! I'll post another bunch shortly cos maximum is 20 per post.

8WAToe9.jpg

S2PrPVj.jpg

5T0DU7v.jpg

noMQAwn.jpg

a9TDE8h.jpg

xC6znI7.jpg

CtGHIOF.jpg

moCd7Ei.jpg

dz9IU1w.jpg

7VkF3pD.jpg

4721xgc.jpg

RoG1SA6.jpg

KDgAuBS.jpg

R0Q42a7.jpg

XEWoKYO.jpg

XLzmbJr.jpg

eWu9XfG.jpg

dAHhQ0G.jpg

31UaAVY.jpg

JLZ7H3Z.jpg

AwDeOh

Reaction score
My mind just exploded a little.. and now I have GAS: Builder's Edition.

Kroaton

Reaction score
Looking awesome so far , though I'm not a fan of the pickup rings you guys are gonna install. Why not keep it simple?

72xmulch

Reaction score
yeah this is definitely one of the coolest f-ing things ive ever seen!!! i really want to make one of these, ive never even thought of this idea before.. so cool

Majkel

Reaction score
I think your luthier is going to have a busy couple of years ahead of him now that ss.org has seen this and thus found out about him ;)

wintersun

Reaction score
I think your luthier is going to have a busy couple of years ahead of him now that ss.org has seen this and thus found out about him ;)

Haha, yeah, gotta make him a website as well! He really could make it big.

wintersun

Reaction score
Just letting you guys know: everything except the finish is now complete :fawk: Rob said he made the bevels a bit deeper than initially planned, and that it turned out awesome!

So brace yourselves, cos early next week I'm going there to take some kickass pictures! :metal: