NGD: Acoustic 7 (Matsuda Content)

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Jebus.. That is beautiful!

Learn some Michael Hedges - Ragamuffin on this thing, would sound brilliant!

:bowdown:

Just checked it out - that's some crazy stuff! I'm currently working on Cavatina, as arranged by John Williams and featured as the theme from Deer Hunter, Pavane by Faure, and Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence as played by Kaori Muraji. I haven't gotten into the slapping sort of percussive aspects of fingerstyle though.

I also missed this 1st time round. Pure class

We all need to hear this thing

Damn, and I just moved from Sydney! Yea, I have to get some clips going. Right now I'm mostly just focusing on getting my acoustic chops up to snuff. Made a lot of progress this month, but I still have a lot to learn about getting a good recorded sound from an acoustic. I don't think I'd be doing anyone a service with an iphone clip!

I also tried taking some additional photos to show the level of craftsmanship that doesn't really come across in the original studio photos, which has nothing at all to do with Guitar of the Month :cool: Aperture was a bit too high, but at least you can get an idea of all the stuff that's going on in the rosette :-/

9373625552_bc330aa863_b.jpg

9373624134_c7b7dab0a3_b.jpg

9370850033_c9a22c66e1_b.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Reaction score
What to learn?

My vote would be for Animals As Leaders - On Impulse. :)

Funny - that's also on my short list of 5-10 things I printed out to learn. Either I'm making bad guesses at some of the chord shapes there, or it's going to take me quite a long time to learn how to play cleanly! But ya, good suggestion.

narad

Reaction score
While generally going against the "don't bump old threads" rule, I happened to take some better photos of this guitar when I was home in New York last summer - thought I'd share. Sucks that I wound up moving overseas and can't afford to ship it over at the moment, so I almost never get to play it:

DSC_3431 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3429 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3425 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3424 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3422 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3417 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3415 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3413 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3411 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

DSC_3402 by Jason Naradowsky, on Flickr

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Sweet jebus that thing looks awesome.

I met a builder who made some acoustics with a similar look/vibe and someday when I'm rich I will buy one.

Insomnia

Needs more strings!
Reaction score
Pics aren't working for me? Could you possibly re-upload them? :)