NGD: Ibanez DCM100!!!! (56K Break the Internet....)

• Thread starter Decipher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! Sharp looking guitar and I love how he went with the offset dots on the bottom, looks awesome. :yesway:

Uno Mas

Greets With Fire
Reaction score
Awesome new guitar! Great looking guitar with simple but amazing specs. I owned the 2127 for a while but I could never fully adjust to the scale length. I think the RGD body is one of the best 7 string bodies visually. Maybe one day we will see an Ibanez with similar specs with a 25.5 scale length. Have Fun!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
wow dude that looks amazing, hard to believe thats a stock model and not a custom shop :)

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
That color is perfect, I'm interested in hearing more about the pickups as well.

weirdoku

Reaction score
So little at the front but the back looks so clogged up with plates.

Sweet as none the less.

HanSulu

Djentleman_007
Reaction score
Clips? or even better DI tracks possibly? I've been DYING to get a chance to hear that pickup. :D

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time....

Man Im really happy with how these are coming out, especially that neck. unf.

DCM100, JBM100, PGM800 RI....the list of new ibanez models that need to be in my life is growing ever so quickly.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I don't have a recording setup at all (buy too much other stuff instead of recording gear which I need haha) so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any sound clips. I'll see if I can get something setup with my bandmate/buddy who has all the goods to do so.

Playability is fantastic. It's a very solid feeling guitar. Lot's of sustain. I'll probably beef up the string gauges once I finalize what tuning I'll leave it in.

Still very happy with the Retribution pickup. Here are my thoughts comparing it with the standard AHB-1 Blackouts (as I have them in 3 other guitars).
-It's not as high output as the standard Blackout's. Makes for great cleans with plenty of headroom.
-The low end attack is a bit tighter to my ears.
-Mid range seems a bit more open so I think it sounds "throatier."
-Top end is nice. Maybe a tad smoother, but it's hard to tell.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Congrats on the guitar, dude! Glad you absolutely love it.

I can only imagine how that color looks in person. It looks like it slays pretty damn well.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Still very happy with the Retribution pickup. Here are my thoughts comparing it with the standard AHB-1 Blackouts (as I have them in 3 other guitars).
-It's not as high output as the standard Blackout's. Makes for great cleans with plenty of headroom.
-The low end attack is a bit tighter to my ears.
-Mid range seems a bit more open so I think it sounds "throatier."
-Top end is nice. Maybe a tad smoother, but it's hard to tell.
Sounds good. Always found the standard Blackouts a tad over the top, so I might like this one a lot. Haven't had a guitar with active pickups in 6 years, so I'm curious how I'm gonna get along with it. Still more than a week to wait for me, though.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Always found the standard Blackouts a tad over the top, so I might like this one a lot. Haven't had a guitar with active pickups in 6 years, so I'm curious how I'm gonna get along with it. Still more than a week to wait for me, though.
I absolutely love the Blackouts, but agree that they do seem a little over the top with the output. With my Rivera I use the "low" input to get more headroom so that I don't get early breakup so it works for me. The EMTY's I tried were even worse and could not get a clean out of them. These Retributions I honestly feel address that concern. Now I'm anxious for them to hit the street so I can replace the pickups in my other 4 guitars (2 6's, 1 7 and an 8) haha.