NHL 2018 - 2019

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Winnipeg is eliminated now too. Dallas are 3-2 over Nashville, then Toronto is 3-2 over Boston... year of the underdogs!

Toronto's been hot on our heels all season, so I don't know if I'd call them an underdog :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
CBJ/BOS should be a good series. Someone unexpected is definitely going to win this year. CBJ or STL I think.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well that was a pathetic effort and they deserved to lose. Hole-tby blew that game like a $10 hooker. Had them down and out and he gifts a SHG, then forgets where his net is on the tying goal. I knew it was over then. He has consistently sucked except for a stretch of good luck last year in the playoffs for 2 years.

Last edited:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well 2nd round starts tonight. Since these playoffs have decided to go on a two week alcohol and drug induced bender, I don’t think anyone has a fucking clue what to think, so here goes nothing.

CBJ/BOS - CBJ in 6, to me they seemed to have the “magic” that you need to make it to the finals. More scoring depth than BOS. Is Bob for real this year?

CAR/NYI - NYI in 5. The Isles do not give up anything, there will be no freebies for the Canes to feast on. It will also be an absolute snoozefest.

SJ/COL - SJ in 7. Should be a fun series to watch. SJ is the best offensive team left, after the Vegas series I don’t think I’d ever count them out. Shouldn’t have anyway after seeing them come back down 5-1 against Caps this season. They can pile on goals real quick. Avs top line is just silly, not sure they are deep enough, but will make it a series.

DAL/STL - STL in 6. STL has been really good since they woke up from last place. DAL has been surprisingly good too, finally got some defense and goaltending. Should be a tough series, but I think the Blues pull it off.

I’d like to see a team that hasn’t won a cup finally take one this year. So I’m good with CBJ, SJ, or STL winning. Should be some good hockey left at any rate.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I would think the new SCF favorites to be San Jose in the West and Boston in the East.

I am adopting CBJ as my hopeful Cup winner.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah not going to predict number of games but:

CB / BOS - CB since they're going in rested and seem to have come together as a team and have been playing 60 minute games while the Bs seem to come on in bursts then sit back.. that and literally every star player on the team being a UFA means these guys are playing for their next contract as well as just the win

CAR / NYI - NYI... CAR seems willing to go low to high and adjust their attack which the Pens failed to do so they have a chance, but NYI defense and quick strike make me think they'll come out on top

SJ / COL - SJ just because COL still relies too much on their top line and I think that lack of depth will cost them... that said I would love to see COL come out ahead

DAL / STL - no idea, really didn't see enough games with either team to call it...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Impressive showing by Carolina today to pull off the win after losing VanRiemsdyk and Mrazek... makes you wonder how much longer they can keep getting it done as the injuries mount up for them.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
3rd period and Carolina is up 4-1 and about to sweep... they actually did a Flying V on the powerplay and the crowd is doing the wave mid-game...I am 100% onboard with this bandwagon :partyhat: