NHL 2018 - 2019

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bunch o' jerks are looking pretty damn good :yesway:

I like the team, they're fun to watch... and I wouldn't mind seeing Staal get his third cup :) Still a lot of hard hockey left to go though.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
The playoffs have gone terribly wrong and there is some sick joke being played on all the hockey world. What if all the 7/8s advance? NHL/NBC would probably shit their pants for one, those would be some lowly ratings. NY looked like absolute garbage, almost as if they planned on playing the Caps and didn’t bother to look at tape on Carolina.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The playoffs have gone terribly wrong and there is some sick joke being played on all the hockey world. What if all the 7/8s advance? NHL/NBC would probably shit their pants for one, those would be some lowly ratings. NY looked like absolute garbage, almost as if they planned on playing the Caps and didn’t bother to look at tape on Carolina.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Carolina just outworked and outplayed NY... the speed difference was pretty obvious as well and unlike the Pens they adjusted their attack to move the puck low to high more to break down NYs structure and didn't make sloppy turnovers when they did go high in the offensive zone. Carolina beating the Caps was much more shocking to me than them beating the Isles :2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So CB / BOS is going to be interesting tonight and I think come down to which team shows up. Both teams have alternated between brilliant play and looking like they're playing pond hockey, so should be a fun one :lol:

COL / SJS as much as I would like to see Colorado come back and win the series, I suspect the Sharks will put it away. But with the way this playoff season has gone who knows...

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
So CB / BOS is going to be interesting tonight and I think come down to which team shows up. Both teams have alternated between brilliant play and looking like they're playing pond hockey, so should be a fun one :lol:

COL / SJS as much as I would like to see Colorado come back and win the series, I suspect the Sharks will put it away. But with the way this playoff season has gone who knows...

This is the weirdest playoff season ever. All these series have been tight except for the Canes/Isles. I wouldn’t be shocked if the SJ/COL and BOS/CBJ series join STL/DAL in the 7 game fun.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the weirdest playoff season ever. All these series have been tight except for the Canes/Isles. I wouldn’t be shocked if the SJ/COL and BOS/CBJ series join STL/DAL in the 7 game fun.

Yeah it has just been completely bizarre. Not just with who has been winning, but with the completely inconsistent play over series from various teams.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well the wheels fell off the C-Bus, was kind of hoping they made it out of the East. Rask is looking good in net though. I don’t know what to think of the two game 7s out West. Been good series to watch though.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well the wheels fell off the C-Bus, was kind of hoping they made it out of the East. Rask is looking good in net though. I don’t know what to think of the two game 7s out West. Been good series to watch though.

I was at least hoping they'd get past Boston. Next year is going to be tough for Columbus, going to be interesting to see who they end up with on the team.

Hoping the Stars show up tonight and take down the Blues, but who knows at this point :lol:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I was at least hoping they'd get past Boston. Next year is going to be tough for Columbus, going to be interesting to see who they end up with on the team.

Hoping the Stars show up tonight and take down the Blues, but who knows at this point :lol:

My guess is they try to sign the new guys. Bob and the Breadman really don’t look interested in staying.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is they try to sign the new guys. Bob and the Breadman really don’t look interested in staying.

Yeah I mean their list of UFAs/RFAs is ridiculous... mean they have 14 guys looking for contracts.

Rumors coming out of Pittsburgh are hilarious too.... apparently they're trading Malkin, Kessel, Maata, and Letang according to the press. Honestly I don't have high hopes for next season, as this is a management team that signed Jack Johnson to a 5 year deal at 31 and is singing his praises when literally the only decent hockey he's played has been paired with Schultz and he's taken Schultz from a good offensive d-man to a mediocre stay at home D to cover for Johnson being continually out of position... and are keeping him while shopping Maata who has been solid if a bit injury prone and not the fastest skater. Maybe they can bundle Maata and Johnson and get one decent dman back :lol:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I seem to remember a couple of years ago in the conference finals, Dallas losing at home to St-Louis in game 7. Was 3 or 4 (PLUS a disallowed goal) to 0 at the end of the first period... was a very ugly loss that I believe finished 7-1. Will be interesting to see how tonight's game 7 in St-Louis compares or is similar.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Great game with STL moving on. Bishop with 52 saves, man he did everything he could. Definitely pulling for a Western Team to win it all at this point, either STL or SJ. Neither have a cup, so let’s see it happen.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good game last night, thought the Avs were going to force overtime. Given I think MacKinnon was playing with a separated shoulder for 2/3 of the game a good showing for them.

We're now down to one team I actually like left :lol:

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I think Blues are going to be the ones from the West.

Dallas had a hell of a season, really happy with their development.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Good game last night too. This STL/SJ series might go 7 games too, not sure who comes out of the West. I think the Western series have been better all around though.

Boston is probably going to send the Bunch of Jerks and their fair weather fan base home. Much like periodical cicadas their fans haven’t been seen for 10 years. They emerged this spring without a clue of the game and just make a bunch of fucking noise. Soon they will die off and go quiet.