Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

terran236

Iridescent Noise
Reaction score
This guy's stuff looks incredible http://daemonessguitars.co.uk/
His Instagram is full of awesome pics

Has anyone played one? The craftsmanship looks crazy good, wondering if they play as good as they look?

Any owners out there? What was the process like getting one made? How much?

Mines about $5700 before shipping. Probably $6000 after. It all depends on how intricate you want the inlay. I told them to go all the way, $1200 just the inlay work. still cheaper than a custom Jackson or ESP which you would be probably paying over 10,000 for something like this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat

Reaction score
Mines about $5700 before shipping. Probably $6000 after. It all depends on how intricate you want the inlay. I told them to go all the way, $1200 just the inlay work. still cheaper than a custom Jackson or ESP which you would be probably paying over 10,000 for something like this.

Oh wow, this is probably naive of me but I had no idea custom shop stuff got up to that cost (the 10,000 quote) I thought the custom shop stuff would level off around 5/6000

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Oh wow, this is probably naive of me but I had no idea custom shop stuff got up to that cost (the 10,000 quote) I thought the custom shop stuff would level off around 5/6000
ESP Japan and PRS private stock can definitely shoot over 10k. Same with certain other builders like rick toone or ulrich teuffel which start at like 5-10k and can go over 15k depending on specs

Daemoness are pretty reasonably priced compared to those :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'd say the difference between is that you really see where the money goes in the Daemoness.

With Uli you pay $10k extra for a ~$500-1k in fancy wood (+usual trans finishes). Some of the prodigy series come with a stand, but that hardly accounts for the difference.

And with ESP you presumably pay for admin, as the difference between an Original Series you like and the same thing without inlay (which is then considered custom shop) is an extra $2-3k. Less work can equal higher price in ESP CS world.

Every shop has their own thing, but I think Daemoness has a pretty reasonable setup. The base price is pretty fair considering UK living costs, most options are pretty cheap, and inlay is basically as good as it gets for a fraction of what Larry Robinson would charge. Difference is who your customer base is mostly.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I'd say the difference between is that you really see where the money goes in the Daemoness.

With Uli you pay $10k extra for a ~$500-1k in fancy wood (+usual trans finishes). Some of the prodigy series come with a stand, but that hardly accounts for the difference.

And with ESP you presumably pay for admin, as the difference between an Original Series you like and the same thing without inlay (which is then considered custom shop) is an extra $2-3k. Less work can equal higher price in ESP CS world.

Every shop has their own thing, but I think Daemoness has a pretty reasonable setup. The base price is pretty fair considering UK living costs, most options are pretty cheap, and inlay is basically as good as it gets for a fraction of what Larry Robinson would charge. Difference is who your customer base is mostly.

Totally agree. If you look at what a Jackson USA costs in the UK:

Jeff Loomis Kelly = £4,099. Misha's guitars are all around £3,200

Those are production guitars. Not even custom shop.

I put together a pretty simple Daemoness quote. Came out as just over £3,000

Even if I went nuts with an elaborate inlay, it might break £4,000

Yes I'm comparing a UK-made guitar vs an import, but at the end of the day it's the total price which matters. If Dylan will make you a totally custom guitar for less than a production model from a major manufacturer, I don't think anybody can reasonable say that's bad value.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Totally agree. If you look at what a Jackson USA costs in the UK:

Jeff Loomis Kelly = £4,099. Misha's guitars are all around £3,200

Those are production guitars. Not even custom shop.
The Loomis model is out of the custom shop. They put the custom shop logo behind the headstock.

EchelonXIII

Reaction score
I've had the pleasure to play my friend's (older) Daemoness (the one with the absolutely massive skull and spear on the fretboard). Lovely guitar, but I would like to think that it absolutely pales in comparison to Dylan's newer work.

Given time and inspiration I hope I can get my own slot in. (sadly, my idea regarding a Slaanesh build was shot down at the time :'( )

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
The Loomis model is out of the custom shop. They put the custom shop logo behind the headstock.

Gotcha. Ok, so Jackson custom shop is more expensive and Jackson USA production is similar to a Daemoness (in UK at least)

Latest posts