Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I can't stand marshmallows.

Also I disagree with the assumption that two marshmallows later is necessarily better than one marshmallow right now.

But I still don't mind waiting for a guitar (2 years and a month now).

Yea, more that I disagree with the whole framing of the problem. You don't get to choose between a Daemoness now or a Daemoness with crazy art later. You do the wait regardless.

Or more broadly, you don't even get to choose between a custom now or a custom with fancy artwork later. The mere act of ordering a custom guitar means waiting. So this guy seems to be with custom guitars in general, which he's voicing in the context of Daemoness, in the Daemoness thread.

Zepos16

Reaction score
Do these guitars sound particularly stunning or is it more about aesthetics? Does the wood he picks come from the same mystical forests blackmachine gets his woods from?

They're just amazing looking guitars man, everybody gets line for a custom shop guitar. I've waited 2 years and 5 months now :)

narad

Reaction score
Do these guitars sound particularly stunning or is it more about aesthetics? Does the wood he picks come from the same mystical forests blackmachine gets his woods from?

What guitar brand can you say sounds "particularly stunning"? How do you measure that? Does everyone agree said guitar sounds particularly stunning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Reaction score
To answer your amazing questions.

1. Many brands.

2. With your ears.

3. Yes.

I asked because it would make sense if you had to wait years to be on a list to then wait for your turn to have a guitar built.

The said guitar should sound particularly stunning for the amount of time required to obtain one. Yes?

Well they don't sound "particularly stunning" to my ears. Neither do any of the guitars I've played, at least not in a way that would generalize across people. Guys come over to my apartment and we all disagree on what guitars we like the most. So in your world, everyone says, "oh yea, that one guitar sounded the best", even when in competition with dozens of handmade, expertly built instruments. I don't believe it.

You have to wait for anything you want "your way", and that's exactly what you get with Daemoness, and something immediately obvious from everyone's orders.

narad

Reaction score
Well thanks for clearing that up. I was about to place my order but then retracted after finding out that the guitar might not sound particularly stunning. I can now move on.

You could always write to Daemoness and see if they'll make a "particularly stunning" guitar just for you.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
I, too, reject the subjective and worthless appreciation of art.

Incidentally, I believe in magic guitar tone voodoo, which is why I'll be taking my tens of thousands of dollars to Doug at Blackmachine for a speedy turnaround of a custom guitar, thank you very much!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was getting that vibe, but confirmation is always appreciated.

Other than the way the guy speaks, who he targets and being combative the same day as making a new account somewhere, the usual give away are the shitty usernames.

Nobody is joining a guitar forum and the best user name they can come up with is "CAULKING GUN". He's made so many accounts, he basically Keyser Sozes all his new usernames. I'm sure the next time he comes back, he'll be "BOTTLE OF KETCHUP" or "GOLDBOND MEDICATED FOOT POWDER"

narad

Reaction score
Other than the way the guy speaks, who he targets and being combative the same day as making a new account somewhere, the usual give away are the shitty usernames.

Nobody is joining a guitar forum and the best user name they can come up with is "CAULKING GUN". He's made so many accounts, he basically Keyser Sozes all his new usernames. I'm sure the next time he comes back, he'll be "BOTTLE OF KETCHUP" or "GOLDBOND MEDICATED FOOT POWDER"

Yea, word of advice to that guy: make a bunch of accounts now, and then spend months cultivating them into productive members of the board, THEN turn on the troll. Can't find your way to the angry discussions on day 1.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Y'all get me hype thinking some sick Daemoness shit has dropped causing an influx of messages, only to discover a bunch of poorly thought-out deleted posts are the cause.

Cruelty, I say.

narad

Reaction score
Y'all get me hype thinking some sick Daemoness shit has dropped causing an influx of messages, only to discover a bunch of poorly thought-out deleted posts are the cause.

Cruelty, I say.

To the rescue! (already posted, but new photos):

60800875_1774334909379714_7130927733328052224_o.jpg

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window

Cruelty, I say.

I'm bummed I missed the troll! I can't keep up. Must be a Deafheaven fan, or band member... Or that pop-session player Dylan gave one of the world's greatest rejects of all time to. I seriously re-read that after my first marriage ended, and it made me feel sooo much better. Plus hey, nobody stopping me from another Daemoness deposit now, so win win.

I do believe they have mythical powers for particularly stunning tone. Dust from Pompeii ash rock? Water form the River Jordan? Goats blood stain? Tell me that doesn't improve the tone AND your ability to play better. I don't even practice anymore... well because of work and I have to get a bolt on disassembled and mailed here in pieces, reassemble, just to play :(

I'm trying to swipe a piece of stone from a settlement inhabited since the Sumerians were around, if I can get out there. THAT is probably what that troll was looking for. Too bad he missed out.

Side note: THAT FREAKING PICK GUARD.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Like Brittany Spear's guitarist or some shit wanted a Daemoness and Dylan said nope, I don't want my guitar associated with that gobshite.

but maybe he was a closet fucking metal maniac.

Mine has been 4.5 years now since the initial down payment

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Haha what is this? That sounds hilarious.

Yeah it was covered on here. If you google Daemoness Guitars, there's a link a little ways down in the generic search that is to some off-topic blog detailing it, crying and hating on Daemoness for being what it is, which is all the better to me. Exactly why that should shouldn't fly. And damn the response from Dylan is legendary. Polite too, and illustrating what and why the brand exists, his integrity as an artist and luthier, among other things. Some agree, some disagree, and the world keeps turning.

Latest posts