Peavey 6505 1992 original playthrough

• Thread starter BadSeed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BadSeed

Reaction score
hey guys, I know there was some discussion about the 1992 original here a couple weeks back and there were some questions.

my video playthrough goes live at 12:30 Eastern Standard Time

hopefully this answers anything you guys are curious about. I know this forum isn't crazy about you tubers but I don't mind, I'm just here for a good time

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
@BadSeed

About 18:00. You say it's gotten muddy and indistinct. You reduce the gain and play a little and nod like, "yeah, that's it." But you're on the red channel and turned down the gain for the green channel.

tedtan

Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing something, but the 6505 didn’t exist until 2005. Prior to that, it was called the 5150, so how does 1992 come into play here?

cmpxchg

Reaction score
@BadSeed

About 18:00. You say it's gotten muddy and indistinct. You reduce the gain and play a little and nod like, "yeah, that's it." But you're on the red channel and turned down the gain for the green channel.
not gonna lie, I loved that.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
"you tubers" sounds like something cantankerous old modeler fans would shout at kids playing their amps loud.

BadSeed

Reaction score
@BadSeed

Goes to show we all THINK we hear things based on visual cues LOL
Originally I thought that was a part where I had cut a chunk of the video out due to me rambling and missed where I adjusted the right gain but nope, you can clearly see it's in the same spot.

tedtan

Reaction score
The 5150 and 6505 are the same amp and the 5150 was released in 1992...
Peavey's basically reissuing the block letter 5150.
Yeah, the branding just seems wrong to me. I get that the 5150 branding is Eddie and Peavey can’t use it without Eddie’s estate’s approval, but it seems wrong. Maybe I’m just getting old.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
After hearing those Life of Agony riffs, your username makes total sense.

Thanks for clearing up the Invective transformer thing. I was one of the people that thought a bait and switch was happening.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Goes to show we all THINK we hear things based on visual cues LOL
Originally I thought that was a part where I had cut a chunk of the video out due to me rambling and missed where I adjusted the right gain but nope, you can clearly see it's in the same spot.
Just figured I'd bust YOUR chops a little :)

Great video. I selfishly wish you'd do more drop C modern metal/metalcore type stuff though lol.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on if there's a significant difference in tone between this and a regular 6505 and/or Invective.

beavis2306

Lusts for gear
Reaction score
Just figured I'd bust YOUR chops a little :)

Great video. I selfishly wish you'd do more drop C modern metal/metalcore type stuff though lol.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on if there's a significant difference in tone between this and a regular 6505 and/or Invective.
I'd be keen to see how the amps go with lower tuned stuff than the occasional drop A that you do but i wouldn't like to see it detract from what you're doing either. Might lose the focus a bit

BadSeed

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately my formula is already a heavy mix of what I want to do and what people want to see. At this point, adding anything else in would be more control than I really want to give up over the videos. Doing shit you don't really want to do isn't that fun, as I'm sure we can all relate haha.

I think I have a good balance going and will probably ride it out like this for a while

tecs99

Reaction score
wow Kyle you're on here?? love your videos. still debating the 6505 reissue or a triple recto for drop A, 7 string stuff....it's really hard to pick.