Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Honestly, it's very annoying to me that I can't enjoy Periphery cause the singers voice is all i hear. I like the music, but I'm cursed I guess.

Funny enough, they released an instrumental album w/o the vocal tracks.
^
|
|
Solution
|
|
V
images

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
Honestly, it's very annoying to me that I can't enjoy Periphery cause the singers voice is all i hear. I like the music, but I'm cursed I guess. And like a dick i let my emotions get the best of me. We learn as we go.

Maybe you'll enjoy his voice on the new material...or should I say all new material more.

Regardless for now the instrumental version is probably your best bet just as nojyeloot said.

ManBeast

Reaction score
Listening to Spencers myspace...and hearing the pig murder gutturals was the last direction I expected Periphery to go. :erk:

Still enjoying the hell out of the instrumental album tho, keep up the creativity guys.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Awww it's a happy eneding everyones okay now. :)

Btw, 8 STRING ON NEXT DERPIPHERY ALBUM PLZ K THNX PLOX :wub:

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
Listening to Spencers myspace...and hearing the pig murder gutturals was the last direction I expected Periphery to go. :erk:

Still enjoying the hell out of the instrumental album tho, keep up the creativity guys.

Spencer is just experimenting with different screams, we're not doing all deep growls.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
Anyone hating on Spencer, have you listened to the album?? Crank up jetpacks and tell me honestly he's not right for the band....

jetpacks was actually what changed my mind :D

now what turned me off was just how utterly WEAK and "voice-y" his harshes were, but aftyer the april show (and seeing vids) i gotta say spencer is growing by leaps and bounds.

good stuff coming.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Really getting into Periphery, animals as leaders etc. So glad that Meshuggah has influenced so many bands. I used to get teased about Meshuggah now it's like mu ha ha ha I told you so!

KrewZ

Nurarihyon
Reaction score
Really getting into Periphery, animals as leaders etc. So glad that Meshuggah has influenced so many bands. I used to get teased about Meshuggah now it's like mu ha ha ha I told you so!

Iv always found more of a simularity with SikTh then Meshuggah.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
but trust me, we are doing everything we can to get to there and japan in 2011! (and maybe australia again with some luck too!)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:yesway:

please become one of those bands who loves australia and tours here as often as possible (aka opeth)

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy fuck, literally.

I've always been a fan of Casey and I didn't like Spencer screams and his "teeny" clean voice. But I'd never dare to say that he's an awful singer :nuts: His vocal range is nuts and I've always thought that he has an insane potential, having high hopes for the second Periphery album.

Now after listening to the new "The Walk" I got fucking excited. The new screams are much more powerful and sound less forced. Also hearing that he was only screaming for a year made me feel a bit guilty :lol:

I really, REALLY hope his clean voice matures as well as he could easily become one of my favourite metal singers.