Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
for the record I think he's a great singer, I just don't like his screaming. But for what it's worth, I don't like the screams of chris or casey either that much, though chris probably had the best one.

I like spencer's clean voice a lot, that's it, and even though I'm not a huge fan of the band, I do like them, and I generally like Periphery the most when there's clean singing going on, I think it sounds a lot better over such busy but still melodic music. that's all.

I'd say that's pretty understandable. I didn't like Chris' cleans, but I loved his screams. So, that on top of the music being awesome, made me listen. Hearing Spencer the first time, on "Light" was awesome. Good cleans are so much more important than good screams in my opinion.

Frak me! This song is gettin' played in between each song off "The Discovery" lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Breadmonkey

Reaction score
I think Spencer's class and seemingly has a monumental work ethic, which is fucking fantastic and inspiring. I thought he added a tonne of depth to Jetpacks (which was already a fantastic instrumental tune imo) and I honestly cannot wait for the second album which should see a load of input from him.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I think Spencer's class and seemingly has a monumental work ethic, which is fucking fantastic and inspiring. I thought he added a tonne of depth to Jetpacks (which was already a fantastic instrumental tune imo) and I honestly cannot wait for the second album which should see a load of input from him.

+1
Word broseph. I respect Spencer so much, especially compared to past Periphery singers. Casey is the only singer I really cared for. Casey has immense talent (as does Spencer), but they're like comparing Apples to Tomatoes... Honestly though, I don't care for Chris much. Maybe it's partially due to what I've read about how he's a jerk and whatnot... If any of you haven't heard the new group he's in, Ever Forthright, I encourage you to check em out. I watched the guitarmessenger vid of their song Counter Shift and I was blown away... I don't like it as much with Chris' vocals over it though, haha.

The scream 3 minutes in is....so fucking disgusting. :hbang:

... Why? I think it's a great climax in the song because it builds and builds until it hits a peak. At least, that's what I see and hear when I listen to Jetpacks and it comes to that point.

rug

Reaction score
Great, great set tonight in St. Paul, MN. My 3rd time seeing Periphery...and they just get tighter and tighter every time. Goddamn.

I hate to be a fanboy, but seriously, Spencer is fucking awesome...the end. Fuck, dudes.

davemeistro

Reaction score
Great, great set tonight in St. Paul, MN. My 3rd time seeing Periphery...and they just get tighter and tighter every time. Goddamn.

I hate to be a fanboy, but seriously, Spencer is fucking awesome...the end. Fuck, dudes.

Yeah, it was a crazy show! I loved the totla mad to frak the gods transition. Also thank you to whoever decided to play both new groove and new live intro!

0 Xero 0

Reaction score

It's ok. I think we're allowed and I think they like the attention :p I was quite the fanboi when I saw them last week o_O

rug

Reaction score
I was also pretty damn impressed with how clear the guitars sounded last night too. I'm not sure if they were using the Mackie setup or not, but usually (by far) the most prominent thing you can hear in the mix is the kick drum at Station 4...and everything sounded really balanced.

bulb

Reaction score
I was also pretty damn impressed with how clear the guitars sounded last night too. I'm not sure if they were using the Mackie setup or not, but usually (by far) the most prominent thing you can hear in the mix is the kick drum at Station 4...and everything sounded really balanced.

Ah I'm glad to hear that, you can thank our sound guy and our axefxs for that haha! We love both dearly! And yes we are using the mackie hd1221 wedges for personal monitoring and the hd1531 speakers for some stage sound for the front rows. Most consistent and awesome setup I have used yet!

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Frak the Gods is freakin' awesome :hbang:
The lyrics make me think of god of war for some reason :lol:

Latest posts