Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikah912

Reaction score
It is pretty insanely heavy for these cats - especially the first two minutes. Lots of 00000 chug with atonal harmonics, double bass, etc.

Without being too specific, popular media streaming sites have the song floating around. The song is called "Blood Eagle". Not too hard to locate.

Also, that's my favorite solo that I've heard on a Periphery track. So exotic and ripping...

penguin_316

Reaction score
I love it, by far the heaviest song they've ever put out.

Some dude put it on youtube. I'm sure it will be taken down soon, but let's have fun listening to it till then.
"Periphery blood eagle" in the search will get you there.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Just heard it. Fuck me that was pretty intense. Not gonna lie, when Misha was talking about this album, I was fully expecting them to have gone lighter, but man this was dark. Darker tone and I loved it!

Metropolis

Reaction score
Last edited:

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Dear fucking god this came at the perfect time. I've been listening to bands like this like Soulkeeper and Desolate lately and this is right up that alley but more focused. I'm so happy with this song I can't explain

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I think I'm just happy that, unlike most bands, they kept going hard (some would even argue harder). I'm getting sick of bands going from heavy metal to pussy pop rock/alternative.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I think I'm just happy that, unlike most bands, they kept going hard (some would even argue harder). I'm getting sick of bands going from heavy metal to pussy pop rock/alternative.

Honestly I don't mind it as long as it's done well, but overall I agree.
I was expecting a diverse album after what was present on P3, so I was counting on there being at least a couple heavy songs but nothing quite like this.

So even though I'm predisposed to enjoying the hevys, I was really stoked to hear how fucking good this was and I'm actually looking forward to the lighter songs more too now. My hype for this release is now sitting at P2 levels and that's saying something :lol:

here's the song

meesh you guys should post this on the website at the end of the countdown.
I can't even comprehend how funny that'd be.

Still low key salty that dumb riff got cut from P3 tho

Last edited:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
So, uh...

JESUS CHRIST

Wow. Was not expecting that at all. I think that's got to be one of the most brutal tracks in Periphery's catalogue. Pity the poor bastards in the pit for the live version!

secretpizza

Reaction score
I actually stumbled on it by accident - Misha posted a YouTube link (which actually sends you to ‘Beta’) on his Facebook story and since I couldn’t click the link, I just searched ‘periphery blood eagle’ on YouTube and lo, there it was.

But yeah, it absolutely kills. I’ve yet to be disappointed in Periphery but this definitely hurdled my expectations.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Pretty dope, I'm on board if the rest of the album is like this :yesway:

Also idk if this means much bc I'm just some dumb asshole but I'll try to tone down my shade/disdain toward bulb, he's just a guy trying to make a living and have fun with it. People will repeat that sardonically but man, it doesn't matter what you're playing or playing it through if you're making sounds you like and you've got a dumb ass smile on your face that's all anyone can hope for.

I remember when I'd watch Bulb and Nolly's videos for hours in 08-09 and they were playing like PGMs (Nolly) and Schecters and Spectors (Misha). Ten years later and they are practically gods in the industry and I can't help but feel bad that they had all this drive and hustle that I never did.

I still love Mark more though :lol: