Photography Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? So all non-guitar subforums are being consolidated to off-topic. :ugh:

So I'm guessing this thread is going to be moved to off-topic without a sticky, where it's gonna get buried with all the random stuff posted. There goes easy access to threads like the Raw Challenge, too.

I'm not crazy about this. I don't like the change in general, especially with the requirements for posters in the Classifieds, but generating traffic seems to be what it's about these days. Thoughts on moving to another forum? I think I still have the info for that one I made a while back. :lol:

feilong29

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? So all non-guitar subforums are being consolidated to off-topic. :ugh:

So I'm guessing this thread is going to be moved to off-topic without a sticky, where it's gonna get buried with all the random stuff posted. There goes easy access to threads like the Raw Challenge, too.

I'm not crazy about this. I don't like the change in general, especially with the requirements for posters in the Classifieds, but generating traffic seems to be what it's about these days. Thoughts on moving to another forum? I think I still have the info for that one I made a while back. :lol:

I'd be down to join another forum for us to share our photography. What's another forum to keep me occupied during the day???

spilla

Reaction score
Just as I buy my camera and start getting back into photography this happens!

flint757

Reaction score
Censoring has been in place for a long time now. Has something to do with ad agreements.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice. :yesway: Let me know what you think, if it'll work, and what to change. If anyone's comfortable with programming or web design or what have you, let me know so I can make you a mod or admin.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Fvcked around w/ the on-camera MX function at the greenhouse today. I'm a fan.
Also, There's a 5DmkIII sale on ebay for $1,999. I have very little self-control with these matters...

16700857249_f5f3fb67bb_z.jpg

16861081086_8d3e5993dd_z.jpg

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Nice. :yesway: Let me know what you think, if it'll work, and what to change. If anyone's comfortable with programming or web design or what have you, let me know so I can make you a mod or admin.

I'll have to try post some things first to see how it goes. Maybe subforums for things like Portraiture, Macro, Automotive, etc - these would be handy should traffic increase.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Fvcked around w/ the on-camera MX function at the greenhouse today. I'm a fan.
Also, There's a 5DmkIII sale on ebay for $1,999. I have very little self-control with these matters..

Those look great, and not like your typical double exposures.

What do you like about the 5D? Honestly, if I had a choice between the two, I think I'd rather the 6D. The overall AF and tough body of the 5 would be awesome, but the 6's centre focus point is better and it has better IQ.

I'll have to try post some things first to see how it goes. Maybe subforums for things like Portraiture, Macro, Automotive, etc - these would be handy should traffic increase.

Thanks for the feedback, man. :yesway: Even though there are three of us so far, I'm probably gonna start posting some stuff in some of the subs, just to have a conversation piece for any new users that might join. I'll probably make a few subs and see how those work. Or keep one sub but have some stickied threads?

I'm considering posting the link over at Metal Guitarist, too. Literally like 90% of the posts in the thread there are mine, but there are a few guys who post once in a while.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Those look great, and not like your typical double exposures.

What do you like about the 5D? Honestly, if I had a choice between the two, I think I'd rather the 6D. The overall AF and tough body of the 5 would be awesome, but the 6's centre focus point is better and it has better IQ.

Purely for AF. My 6D has been driving me insane with the hunting. With my 7D, I always liked using all AF points but even in good light, sometimes it's just not possible to use my 6D that way as it freaks out and can't decide what to do, sometimes just giving up and focusing on nothing at all - even with a stationary subject in studio-quality light. It's quick enough on single point AF, but I'm not always in a situation in which selecting my AF point is convenient or even possible, given timing.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Purely for AF. My 6D has been driving me insane with the hunting. With my 7D, I always liked using all AF points but even in good light, sometimes it's just not possible to use my 6D that way as it freaks out and can't decide what to do, sometimes just giving up and focusing on nothing at all - even with a stationary subject in studio-quality light. It's quick enough on single point AF, but I'm not always in a situation in which selecting my AF point is convenient or even possible, given timing.

Good point. :yesway: I pretty much always use single point, so I didn't even think of that.

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
On vacation right now and I'm at 500 shots taken. In 2 days.

:)

Both of these are from the 70mm wide open.

16869595875_4781b517df_b.jpg

16868369752_0f83d86376_b.jpg