PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickB11

Reaction score
Just snapped this pic of my baby...sorry for the quality its just taken from my Iphone. I love me some one piece tops!

NickBsPRS.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Syrinx

Reaction score
Regardless, before putting Paul's signature on a headstock that is part of a neck his company didn't build, it would be nice for him to show Paul the thread and ask permission first, just my :2c: on it I guess. The work looks well-done, but if Paul disagrees with any part of the build, it IS his right to say he doesn't want his trademark used on a piece of work that didn't entirely originate from his shop. ;) Believe me, I think the dude did an amazing job with the neck, I'm just looking at it from the side of the guy who needs to be worried about this possibly becoming a new trend. Almost like the Ed Roman "re-topped" PRS that were being sold as original a while back... :ugh: :lol:

I'm reading through the thread and he says he will sign the back with his name so there is no confusion.

Syrinx

Reaction score
FWIW I would give my PRS collection, first born child and last cookie to Brent from The Guitar Shop. This guy has seriously become not just my authority on PRSi, but he's also become a friend for life. Can't speak highly enough about it :wub:

Every other one of those stores you mentioned are also great and top dealers. May I also recommend Wildwood Guitars. I bought my 513 from them and they went through hoops to help me make it happen. :yesway:

+1 for Wildwood! Bought a 513 and Studio from them and the service was wonderful.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Man both of those are stunning! :wub: The top on that Artist Package is fantastic! :eek:

I'm reading through the thread and he says he will sign the back with his name so there is no confusion.

Yeah the only confusion is that putting PRS signature on the headstock has the connotation that the guitar in it's entirety originated from PRS. As it stands currently, that's NOT a PRS neck, so there IS confusion. :lol: There's nothing anyone can do to keep him from doing it, so it is what it is, I just don't agree with putting Paul's signature on the headstock again unless Paul OK'd it himself since neither Paul nor anyone at PRS had anything to do with 50% of the guitar in it's current state regardless of the quality of the new neck. :shrug:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well your McCarty won't have approved color, bridge or pickups by Paul so I think you should sign it yourself instead of putting his name on there :rofl: :fawk:

Ah but there's the rub, mine is still a 100% BUILT-BY-PRS. I swapped the bridge out, but I didn't change the body or neck out with anything aftermarket. The finish is being sprayed by one of their long-time (20+ years) painters. Pretty sure that's an apples to oranges comparison if I ever saw one. ;) My refin is basically a PTC job minus the $500+ price tag. :squint: :lol: You know exactly what I mean though, if you went to Paul and showed him both cases, which one do you REALLY think he'd have a problem with? I agree the work looks exceptional on his neck, but it's still not entirely a piece that came from Paul's company anymore. :2c: Mine also isn't being altered to the point where I'm trying to pass it off as a Private Stock as far as the modifications go, just sayin'. :) I think this horse has been beaten to death at this point though... :rofl:

Doesn't really matter anyway, the guy went ahead and did it without contacting PRS himself about it to see how he felt on the matter:

PRSNECK256.jpg

PRSNECK257.jpg

Can't tell if it's just the picture (it looked the same in a few different shots), but check out the nut he used:

PRSNECK264.jpg

There is what looks like (again, from the few pics he posted of the nut) a small gap between the nut and fretboard? That is the kind of thing I could see Paul taking issue with, just knowing how into the details he is personally on his guitars. :shrug:

h75119847

Reaction score
i played a custom 24 3 days ago and it was just epic. felt so awesome/easy to play.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I got a chance to play a DGT today. Even upside down, I :wub:'d it.

:idea:

Will private stock use stainless fretwire?

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Pretty neat video of when Mark came to the factory during our open house in mid September. Some seriously cool guitars in this video.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a chance to play a DGT today. Even upside down, I :wub:'d it.

:idea:

Will private stock use stainless fretwire?

Man, I SO don't need to hear this from you! :lol: A bunch of my buddies with similar taste in guitars either currently own or have suggested I check out a DGT and I've purposely been avoiding going to shops that have them in stock for fear of finding out they are awesome! :squint: The specs seem great and a lot of the vids I've seen sound killer! :wub: MUST. RESIST. :rofl:

notryt

Reaction score
I had a santana se.. (don't tell me its not the same thing) I also still own a schecter hellraiser and a a schecter classic both were a couple hundred less than the PRS SE and both are not just better... they are way better.. the neck on the PRS was the only +1 over the schecters... your results may very. Depending on driver and the road conditions :hbang:

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
Ummm an SE and a USA PRS AREN'T the same thing, so someone will likely tell you that since it's the truth and a statement of fact. :lol:

While true, I'd say the build quality on my SE Mikael Akerfeldt rivals a few CU 24's my friend has.

Might just be the satin neck, though.

I will say, though, that the USA PRS' have a denser feel to them, as well as a slightly more chime-like voice to them.

Doesn't mean you can't EQ a PRS SE to sound like a USA model-- and let's not kid ourselves about their moddability.

Apples. Oranges.

Both fucking delicious.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
While true, I'd say the build quality on my SE Mikael Akerfeldt rivals a few CU 24's my friend has.

Might just be the satin neck, though.

I will say, though, that the USA PRS' have a denser feel to them, as well as a slightly more chime-like voice to them.

Doesn't mean you can't EQ a PRS SE to sound like a USA model-- and let's not kid ourselves about their moddability.

Apples. Oranges.

Both fucking delicious.

I like both USA and SE PRS models, but I wouldn't kid myself and say they're the same. He simply said "don't tell me they're not the same" and I am only stating that they aren't, it's not an apples-to-apples comparison at all (and this is coming from someone who owns both US and SE PRS currently). :lol: Just sayin'. ;)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
But... but I said apples to oranges... :(

Exactly... he was saying DON'T tell him they're not the same, i.e. he thinks they're apples to apples by that logic, which they aren't... just like you said, apples to oranges! ;)

No secret I love PRS guitars. Picked this up today. NGD thread to come! Here's a preview.

8342984571_99dbaa9c2d_b.jpg

8342984491_64639533e0_b.jpg

DAAAAAMN! :holy: That's absolutely gorgeous man, congrats!!! :wub: