Scale the Summit MegaThread

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Once again progressive nation decides to skip over AZ :scream::scream::mad:. FUCK ALL YALL!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Congratulations man! This tour looks great. Too bad about Pain of Salvation - I would have loved to see them. I guess it doesn't matter either way because this tour isn't coming anywhere near Seattle. What's up with that, Dream Theater? I'd even be willing to drive to Vancouver or Portland but no dates in those cities either.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
Holy Shit! Thats amazing Chris!
I can only imagine how stoked you guys are about this tour, and i know you guys will fucking kill it!
Funny enough we will be in Toronto on the same day with Thrash and Burn, and since we go on early, we plan on going to the DT gig as soon as we load out haha, so maybe we will even get to catch your set too, at the very least it will be nice to run into you dudes and hang!
Either way im obviously really happy for you dudes (and really jealous as well too haha, cuz cmon its fucking DT!) so good luck man!!

haha my friends and i were like "FUCK! We're gonna miss Periphery!". My drummer says he'd rather see you guys, and I agreed, but what if dream theater calls it quits, or jp hits hypershred and makes the band disappear forever. I rationalized "Periphery will be back to toronto more often then Dream Theater", but I guess we might be able to see both. Niceeeee

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Congratulations man! This tour looks great. Too bad about Pain of Salvation - I would have loved to see them. I guess it doesn't matter either way because this tour isn't coming anywhere near Seattle. What's up with that, Dream Theater? I'd even be willing to drive to Vancouver or Portland but no dates in those cities either.
Progressive Nation hit Seattle last year with Opeth, so I don't know why they aren't coming here now. It's just as well that they're not, I guess, because I'm just not excited about any of the bands that are going this year. Dream Theater was kind of cool, but I wouldn't go again just to see them.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, way too cool! I see there's a date in Asheville, SO going to try and make that!!!

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Progressive Nation hit Seattle last year with Opeth, so I don't know why they aren't coming here now. It's just as well that they're not, I guess, because I'm just not excited about any of the bands that are going this year. Dream Theater was kind of cool, but I wouldn't go again just to see them.

Yeah, I skipped it last year because it was at the horrible WaMu Theater. The acoustics in that concrete box are about the worst of any "venue" in Seattle. Not good when you're going to see a bunch of prog bands. Also, I agree that DT is not a big enough draw for me on their own. I love their music but they don't have a particularly engaging live show, particularly for a band with "theater" in the name.

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
thanks a lot guys!

definitely pumped about it.

I'll make sure to post pictures up when the tour starts, and I'll be doing another blog this time as well, but I'm sure this time there will be even more fun stuff to write about!

Reaction score
Greetings from Prosthetic Records, the label of Scale The Summit. As you can imagine, we're extremely excited that the band will have the chance to tour alongside Dream Theater this summer.

I’ve seen a lot of positive feedback about the band on here, but for those of you who are not familiar with them, Scale The Summit is a progressive instrumental quartet from Houston whose latest album, "Carving Desert Canyons," came out earlier this year. Some of you might have seen the band featured in Guitar World, and perhaps some others of you caught them on tour with Protest The Hero this spring -- but chances are that most of you have never heard of 'em, much less heard their music. That's OK, we'll be happy to change that!

Most of you guys that are into progressive/metal would also probably dig the new Animals as Leaders-- whose virtuoso guitarist, Tosin Abasi, is currently touring North America on the Summer Slaughter tour as a fill-in for Born Of Osiris.

You can check out our webshop (store.ProstheticRecords.com) for a couple of Scale The Summit CD/t-shirt bundles and deals on other stuff.
You can also check out their myspace at: Scale The Summit (Tour w/ DREAM THEATER!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Sorry if you see this post on more than one forum, but we want to try to make sure as many people as possible have the opportunity to become familiar with Scale The Summit before you get to see them this summer. (Get there early!)
If you guys have any questions, let me know and I'll see what I can do to get them answered. I'm Mark at Prosthetic and I'll be on here all summer.

Here's a Guitar World lesson featuring Scale The Summit. They also briefly explain what tuning they use as well as what guitars (custom Sherman and a BFR JP7) for anyone who was wondering:

edit: Chris from STS is also on here to handle any questions you have!