Scale the Summit MegaThread

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
No need to advertise for Animals as Leaders or Scale the Summit. They are two of the most popular bands on these forums.

I don't know if you have any pull on tour dates, but I would love to see this tour come to Texas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gator99

Reaction score
So last night I was at the first show of the PN09 tour in Miami Beach, and I saw STS play - they were great and the crowd response was really good! Most of the guys I went to the concert with walked out of the show saying they thought STS was great and wanted to get a copy of the album. Everyone was also talking about Chris's Sherman 8 String guitar - that thing is more beautiful in person!

I spoke to both Travis and Chris, and they were very cool and down-to-earth. I am sure they were overwhelmed by the experience but I hope nothing but the best for these guys and I hope the rest of the tour goes even better than opening night. I only wish they had more time to play, but this is no doubt a great opportunity for exposure.

And, IMHO, Dream Theater were amazing - the best show/setlist from them in a while. Us here in South Florida usually get DT at the end of the tour when they are exhausted, so it was refreshing to see them at the beginning of the tour when they are fresh.

Regards,
Juan

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
I was also there in Miami Beach at their show. Chris, you and the guys did amazing! Suck I got there a little late and did not catch the entire set. Still, you guys were my favorite band there bedside DT! :hbang:

Colbear

Reaction score
Caught you guys in Orlando last night. Phenomenal job; your band was so. damn. tight.

Dream Theater put on a good show as well. I think their setlist was something like ANTR, Prophets of War, Sacrificed Sons, Rite of Passage, Misunderstood, The Dance of Eternity, Take the Time, Count of Tuscany...probably missed one or two.

You guys and Zappa stole the show for me. Your music was so refreshing, hopefully you will get a ton of positive exposure from this. Good luck with the rest of the tour, but I doubt you guys need it haha.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
man, no buffalo gig? why does albany always get the tour dates? hmm it's either drive 5 hrs to albany, or sit on the bridge for 5 hrs to go up to toronto...damn, might have to catch you guys next time around. any chance STS will do a headlining tour in the near future with more dates? hmm? the town ballroom in buffalo is nice! :D haha. but seriouslty guys good luck with the tour. you guys are so lucky to be on a bill with DT. enjoy!

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
So I just got home from your show in Clearwater/Tampa and it was phenomenal.

I got there just when you guys started playing. You guys definitely seem the friendliest out of all the bands and when I met you guys at the meet-and-greet it was great. I don't remember the set list but, it was amazing. I only wished you played more since Zappa, DT, and Big Elf played for quite some time. Your mix seemed a little off though. As in, I heard a lot of drums and bass and not enough guitars. After the second song you started yelling to the sound tech "Up!" I don't know if you were talking about the levels of the guitars or the music in your ear buds but, either way it was pretty awesome.

Next was Big Elf who I am mad I wasted my time seeing. They were some stoner hippy band stuck in the 70's. As soon as the singer/keyboardist got on stage with his top hat and cape like jacket somebody screamed, "Look it's the count!" which was a pretty good laugh but, their music was god awful.

Then Zappa Plays Zappa came on and they were amazing. The keyboardist/saxophonist/flutest(?)/singer was astonishing. She was great. At a time she had a soprano sax in her hand, an alto sax around her neck, and her hands on the keyboard. Then there was the percussionist who was crazy on the mallets. He played all the melodies the keyboardist did. The drummer was great and really held a nice beat well. Zappa was amazing. In one of his more diverse songs he changed the tunings of his guitar 3 times! It was awesome. He got the strangest sound out of his guitar.

Finally, the long awaited Dream Theater came out. The set was unbelieveable. Lights galore, and a large projection screen on the center of the background with random movie clips, and film of the band playing the show you were watching. It was pretty incredible. Mike Portony was insane! At one point he was juggling his sticks and he must've been throwing them 15 ft into the air. John Petrucci was breathtaking. His wall of Mesas rocked the theater. His heavy riffing was awesome. They also had a good deal of jamming. The singer did not make many appearances on the stage actually. The only band the crowd stood up for the entire show was Dream Theater and after standing for about an hour and a half it gets tiring.

Well I basically gave a short review of my experience :D

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Scale the Summit are quickly arising to be one of my favourite bands, I wish they were coming to europe :(

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
Are Opeth on this tour again like last year?.. Plus amazing looking show props to Scale the Summit on the success and that it continues

splinter8451

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for sharing this.

I was at the DC show! They kicked major ass and talking to Chris afterwords was awesoem :agreed:

But not too many people were there for StS, all the lame-o's came after them and Bigelf to see Queensryche. Lots of camo wearing rednecks haha one dude was complaining about Queensryche playing before Zappa Plays Zappa saying it "wasn't right" :spock:

:ugh: I coulda done without seeing Queensryche altogether :lol:

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for sharing this.

I was at the DC show! They kicked major ass and talking to Chris afterwords was awesoem :agreed:

But not too many people were there for StS, all the lame-o's came after them and Bigelf to see Queensryche. Lots of camo wearing rednecks haha one dude was complaining about Queensryche playing before Zappa Plays Zappa saying it "wasn't right" :spock:

:ugh: I coulda done without seeing Queensryche altogether :lol:

It may have seemed empty, but there were over 3,000 people when we played!

Glad you enjoyed the show as well!

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Badass band! I'm still really pissed I missed them when they played in Dallas with Protest the Hero. I had to work, so I got there in the middle of Misery Signals' set :realmad:

Skylark

Giver of Names
Reaction score
Awesome!

great perormance. Need a guitar? I d be there
Thanks for this one