Scale the Summit MegaThread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lawizeg

Reaction score
Got the vinyl! Clear blue haze. CAN'T WAIT :scream:

Hoping the picks are available outside of the preorder...

Lianoroto

Reaction score
Finally got it ordered with Paypal. If the release track is anything to go buy then june 11th can't come fast enough!

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
First off, thanks for all the pre-orders guys and glad you are enjoying the first single!

I'm watching it, and holy, holy, HOLY crap. One listen and Odyssey is already now towards the top of my favorite StS jams! Great job guys, hopefully order a vinyl shortly.

EDIT: Probably a bit early to ask, but will there be a tab book for 'The Migration' down the line? I'm already willing to start trying this track by ear, but I'm already psyched at the possibility of a tab :yesway:

We'll have them out when the record is out, so check back on our store 12am Tuesday morning of June 11th!

Because peeps haven't seen this, or heard the entire track. I don't know why the StS Youtube channel just has the fade out version.

We dont legally own our own music, so we aren't allowed to put up the entire song sadly.

Got the vinyl! Clear blue haze. CAN'T WAIT :scream:

Hoping the picks are available outside of the preorder...

Yes, we'll be posting up more variations of the cover art on picks in all the different gauges.

Again... thanks a bunch for all the support guys!

Working on getting a dual guitar Play through posted for "Odyssey" in 2 weeks! Keep an eye out!

davemeistro

Reaction score
So Chris, are you guys planning on doing anything special for the album's release date in St. Paul? :D

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
The more I listen to "Odyssey", the more excited I am! This is definitely one of my most anticipated releases of the year.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Really loving "Odyssey"! It still sounds like Scale the Summit but it has some different ideas in there that set it apart from Carving Dessert Canyons and The Collective.

Looking at the track listing, I fully expected to see Redwoods on there. Was that part of an EP I missed, or was it just a YouTube only sort of thing?

Yea Im loving the single too. I also love how so far every album has been entirely different than the previous one. the being said the Collective was one of my favourite albums ever so Id love for the Migration to top it

btw will the tab books for the collective stay up after the migration tab books go up?

I want to pickup both but also want to in the same order because shipping for me is 20+ $ :(

brector

Reaction score
Got 2 vinyl+tshirt packages, can't wait!

-Brian

rapterr15

Reaction score
btw will the tab books for the collective stay up after the migration tab books go up?

I'm in the same boat as you. I would imagine The Collective book will still be available seeing as how the Carving Desert Canyons book is still for sale. I kinda wanna buy all the tab books and instructional books at once to cut down on shipping costs.

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
So Chris, are you guys planning on doing anything special for the album's release date in St. Paul? :D

If we can think of something!

Yea Im loving the single too. I also love how so far every album has been entirely different than the previous one. the being said the Collective was one of my favourite albums ever so Id love for the Migration to top it

I want to pickup both but also want to in the same order because shipping for me is 20+ $ :(

Yeah man we are screwed with international shipping. Our rates use to be about $11 for a book pretty much anywhere outside of the US, but on Jan 27th-ish USPS raised their rates by 60% so now its around $20. I decided the other day to go to FedEx to get some quotes to see if it would be cheaper, starting rates for international shipping was $110 for ONE BOOK! So its clearly a monopoly and we have no other options but to continue using USPS. Its a bummer.

I also looked into having a store over in Europe carry our books as well, but the rates for printing them over seas plus shipping in Euro's, ended up being more expensive than if you just order it from us right now when you convert your Euro to US dollars.

So now its just a whether or not people think $20 is for the book and $20 for shipping, or $30 for the book and $10 for shipping, ends up being the same.

All that aside, as you guys probably dont care about that stuff haha, yeah we'll have all Tab Books still up!

I'm in the same boat as you. I would imagine The Collective book will still be available seeing as how the Carving Desert Canyons book is still for sale. I kinda wanna buy all the tab books and instructional books at once to cut down on shipping costs.

Correct sir! And thanks a head of time for the order. Definitely appreciate it!

davemeistro

Reaction score
If we can think of something!

Well, I think I've seen you guys three times now and haven't heard you guys play Black Hills or Redwoods, both of which are among my very favorites. I know you've played them before so I guess that wouldn't really be special, but I would probably pre my pants if you played either haha. Well if you think of something, I have a few friends who are on the fence about going to the show who could use all the convincing they can get!

Do you know how long your set's going to be for this tour?

piggins411

Reaction score
I've seen them twice and still haven't heard Age of the Tide. I figured it'd be one I could definitely count on hearing

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen them twice and still haven't heard Age of the Tide. I figured it'd be one I could definitely count on hearing
Age of the Tide's outro is fucking insane live. It's a pretty simple riff and it's damn heavy so Chris and Travis go a little more nuts on that than they usually can while still playing cleanly. It's goooooood. :yesway:

Latest posts