Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnakeEyes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm hoping i'll be able to try them out side by side when the shops re-open in a few weeks but does anyone have any hands on experience with the C7 SLS elite vs the KM7 mk3 artists? Spec wise they look very similar.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Schecter prototype drop
dxtuqg4lr1m2evua6ywc.jpg

jsqtzjztuwzjqbi6snuf.jpg

hgi393dorebxbm5imxxf.jpg

hxvlgvvdreyswu91aabn.jpg

qf6ub7tnmuuctau027bn.jpg

gxev3woivnlpzkz8qmiw.jpg

w0wukwz6mbxsqtjka8z6.jpg

yqri7udw4wnejulhd9a7.jpg
ludxiqlophdnhshjmzcu.jpg

Ive been thinking seriously about that white km6 I wish it was 26.5" but I could live with it as it is.

MadYarpen

Reaction score
How does KM-7 MK 1 compare to the newer models? Anything I should be aware of?

There is one available for a quite nice price, I am seriously considering buying it. I don't mind set-neck construction, I actually like Nazgul / Sentient combo, so it seems a good deal for me.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
How does KM-7 MK 1 compare to the newer models? Anything I should be aware of?

There is one available for a quite nice price, I am seriously considering buying it. I don't mind set-neck construction, I actually like Nazgul / Sentient combo, so it seems a good deal for me.

The main difference between the OG Merrow sig and later models is the body is thicker and the carves on the horns aren't as contoured but it's still a greatly playable guitar.
I own the OG KM7 in Lambo orange and a C7 SLS and while the SLS feels better due to it's slimmer body & unpainted neck I'd much rather play the KM7 everytime.

MadYarpen

Reaction score
The main difference between the OG Merrow sig and later models is the body is thicker and the carves on the horns aren't as contoured but it's still a greatly playable guitar.
I own the OG KM7 in Lambo orange and a C7 SLS and while the SLS feels better due to it's slimmer body & unpainted neck I'd much rather play the KM7 everytime.
Is it playable in classical position?

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Is it playable in classical position?

Well I play in classical postion seated and when standing I set the strap pretty high and it's playable in both.
One other difference between the OG Merrows and the later models is the nut is a Graphtech one whereas the mk2 and mk3 use the Ernie Ball compensated nut.

Alexlopez

Reaction score
So has anyone here got one of the USA Pro models? Want to see some feedback from someone who has one or tried one.
Im GASSING for a Blue Crimson Pearl and I see only one immediately available

IronSean

Reaction score
Hey guys, do the old Transparent White models fade or yellow over time? Some of the ads I see look like it, but it might just be white balance messing up on their cameras

IronSean

Reaction score
I believe the first run from 2014 did, mine included. I think they sorted out the paint after that batch.

Thanks. And presumably if they were in that batch it'd be pretty obvious in any of the 5+ year old ones around now.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I believe the first run from 2014 did, mine included. I think they sorted out the paint after that batch.
Did they sort that out? I feel like every one I've seen has turned pretty yellow. It's not super noticeable though to be honest.

Estilo

Reaction score

Does it apply to the black ones as well? I've seen pics in which there is a green tint on the body and headstock, not sure if it's lighting hues.

bastardbullet

Reaction score
Does it apply to the black ones as well? I've seen pics in which there is a green tint on the body and headstock, not sure if it's lighting hues.

I still have my trans black MK-I and it had/still has that green-ish vibe since day one. More noticable under daylight, otherwise it looks pretty dark gray & black. Btw i love that kindda green looks either.