Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

littlebadboy

Reaction score
I started in a converted wardrobe about this size.
Mine is actually in a closet of the laundry room where my wife despises because she claims it's in her way. My challenge is where to place my guitars. It's a constant stressful dispute of space, that it's taking away my interest and playing inspiration.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Mine is actually in a closet of the laundry room where my wife despises because she claims it's in her way. My challenge is where to place my guitars. It's a constant stressful dispute of space, that it's taking away my interest and playing inspiration.
Could you possibly use wall hangers to get them off of the floor and out of the way?

Old Romans

Old Яomans
Reaction score
So my Wardrobe was in my bedroom at the time, which worked out because unless it was bedtime, we never just hung out in there, and if we did , it was on the bed anyway. I had guitars hanging on the walls in our living room. After many years I was able to take over a room after a family member finally moved out. I hung all my guitars in the new space and my wife put up some art in the living room instead. Good luck to you on finding accommodation.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My friend just let me borrow this Roland. I was trying too see if anybody knows why when I have each drum sent to a different output in the mixer of Logic Pro x and ez drummer it’s still recording to one track? I will ask somewhere else since this is the inappropriate place but I have it setup to multi output. And each drum goes to a different track in ez drummer mixer. Also in logic mixer but still when I record only goes to one track. The tutorial I was watching I stopped at the part that had to do with drum bus. Maybe I’m gonna go back and finish it cause I figured that wasn’t it. Well I need to figure it out cause I’m trying to help my friend who plays guitar better then me make a reference drum track to some riffs so he can take it to the real drummer… well for now I’m gonna try to learn how to play the drums😁🫵🏻

Attachments

• B3CEE46B-33BA-4E14-A57C-982D179B92F9.jpeg
    B3CEE46B-33BA-4E14-A57C-982D179B92F9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

DingmanHardman

Reaction score
I used to have this thing where I ran windows on my Mac also..then I also did the virtual machines in college also..
That's awesome man, I've done the Hackintosh thing in the past too but unfortunately Apple stopped supporting Nvidia Gpus on their newer Operating Systems so, Fake Mac Os it is! lol

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
One XLR cable away from being able to play in stereo. Setup placement is very much a WIP as this doubles up as my WFH office. I'll likely invest in some furniture down the line, that wall is likely going to host a full size bookshelf+cupboard ensemble in the incoming months.

Attachments

• 1660991876490.jpg
    1660991876490.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 106

D-Nasty

Reaction score
I'm about to order 2 Presonus Eris E5 XT's to stick up top. Should be pretty cool...

20220823-195621.jpg

Some of the gear.

20220823-200133.jpg

Themistocles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Headless Vader 7x with holdsworth pickups through a blacklion revolution when I track guitars is so good. First time Ive tried recording an album with all DI guitars and im so pleased with the results. I can watch a documentary andg et all pissed of and in 3 minutes flat have the daw up to track guitars. My big amps and cabs all live in the back room with the drums.

Attachments

• train.jpg
    train.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 30

Honu_Audio

Reaction score
IMG_20230226_132420_790~2.jpg
My current home/practice rig. I'll swap out the speaker for headphones when I get home from work at night.

Isidore

Reaction score
Not quite done, but getting there.

How it started (note, all carpets on that level had to be removed b/c prev owners had cats)...
52716076308_b9a47c1aef_k.jpg

Where we are now. Still need to get my desk in, add some more foam, then load in gear from the other house and mount it.

52716019720_01dd9f8c8a_k.jpg

Will be putting a sound-blocking/dampening curtain over this window.
52716076273_d9b9c89642_k.jpg

Did the best we could with the corner between door & bathroom door.
52715854809_c1317cb354_k.jpg

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Auralex
You can send them a picture of the room and dimensions and they'll send you back a cad drawing of placement ideals

Nice, my set up is in my lounge area. I got a 48x24" 4 panel kit from Acoustimac I'm pretty happy with. I think it was about 450$ shipped but I can't remember. Put down a crappy Amazon rug and I'm really happy with the feel for listening and jamming, since I mostly record with IRs now.

Latest posts