Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anectine_Matt

Reaction score
Did you grab a clump of some chicks' hair and glue it to your wall? Who's hair is it? We need a name.

At some point I got in the habit of sticking all my dead strings on another string whenever I change them out. It does look like some kind of shitty wig from the right angle though, or like an extremely revealing hula skirt or something.

20220121_161026.jpg

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
At some point I got in the habit of sticking all my dead strings on another string whenever I change them out. It does look like some kind of shitty wig from the right angle though, or like an extremely revealing hula skirt or something.

View attachment 102228
That's actually a pretty cool and creative idea! Reminds me a lot of the Bob Marley cable dreads. You should do an 80s Hair Metal band version of it by sticking your favorite Glam Metal head under the strings.

iu

iu

Anectine_Matt

Reaction score
Oh man, it was a just a for the hell of it thing initially but seeing that makes putting Chewbacca or Predator or some shit in there incredibly tempting :lol:

decoy205

Reaction score
We moved into a new house last year. Finally have a decent space!

lbsdUhb.jpg

3HmBNLS.jpg

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
full

Please excuse the mess...
LOL Whoa what mess?! This is one of the most elite things I've seen as of late. Truly badass! Also very cool to see some brass and saxophones off to the side. Unique, as I barely every see that in peoples studios.

Sorry for any ignorance but why do you have a dual pc setup? Are you seperating different genres on each or running video productions on one and music on the other?

Very interested in how you do things since I see Nuendo on there which has a lot of possibilities being such a vast workstation able to do so much. Above all, I love it. Very professional! I only hope to have such a workspace in the future!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Here's what mine looks like at the moment. A cliché to say, but excuse the mess :lol:
This mostly serves as my office, and I had to blur the third monitor because I accidentally left some work stuff on there. My interface and DI-box are mounted under the table, on the left side where the headphones also hang.

sZmpy91WHLFqtMXvUCJMljkgFb9qWeZ9qGo73Ginv4AMdsjOnLJ77pvR9DMXyJQGqQ0IZjxRXVb_Rq7oyPJ0DVFRMIXRliGILiWomn-sZrTLYdD6QJpl7Zrdwm37ccITgiivK4U4HNY=w2400

9sxp9CeBj5PZvizg-7C8jvkwz9Sy0UNLegGZutau2H9D9SKN2Hh6g55sSpMdEN8vdgH8VxOTfLp_q_KkI4BAyY6hBe3UheEiMQADRfV25WdFjVb7GZjFmQ1K-TntrRW0Rkm9FC_QCtA=w2400

EPWFQqB3Jul8lkaRnYlXnTRmRCSiexWJqGsURwF5MyWGsGYZgyuu-mTHIkMZKCd1p65aamO3FnzcVMu4lrxzAKgraQdIvpPhDT5xLTWCoiX7Zx-ZExRBhJhZK4Cd1VfoinnnB48Tjgs=w2400

That stupid fluorescent tube lamp is going away as soon as my new zigbee controlled rgb led-strips arrive. They'll go in the ceiling all around the room.
Then I'll also rip out the electrics (there's only two sockets and they're next to the drumkit) and install new sockets at my desk, one in the ceiling for plugging the led strips and one or two at the back wall, for the rack stuff. The current sockets also aren't grounded, so I'll get that sorted as well.

Then I'm gonna buy some studio monitors and install some acoustic panels at some point. There's also a bunch of stuff on the floor that's still going somewhere - namely the two mixing consoles and a couple of old firewire interfaces etc. And then there's like 100m of cable that's waiting to be connected.

... Bit of a step up compared to my post on page 82 though :lol:

Last edited:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
LOL Whoa what mess?! This is one of the most elite things I've seen as of late. Truly badass! Also very cool to see some brass and saxophones off to the side. Unique, as I barely every see that in peoples studios.

Sorry for any ignorance but why do you have a dual pc setup? Are you seperating different genres on each or running video productions on one and music on the other?

Very interested in how you do things since I see Nuendo on there which has a lot of possibilities being such a vast workstation able to do so much. Above all, I love it. Very professional! I only hope to have such a workspace in the future!
Right now I'm basically a noob with cool toys.

I do hip hop and experimental / atmospheric [hard] rock / metal mostly. (No rap rock... It seems to be the worst of both worlds...)

I run DIs into my Scarlett 18i8 which output into 2 Saturnworks reamp boxes--one into the Roadster and the other into the OB1-500.

Usually if I'm arranging things across multiple instruments I'll end up writing things on either the piano or guitar first and then I learn it on whichever instrument I need to actually play it on.
The process is long and slow... :lol:

I have quite a few guitars and basses. I honestly think there's more diversity in sound among my basses than my guitars. Most of my guitars feel different more than anything.

The 3 PCs are for different shenanigans.

Far right is my music box; the one to the immediate left with the matching lighting is my dev box which I use mainly for [learning] animation, [learning] game dev and just playing games in general; and the far left one in the white case is a Hackikntosh built just to see ifI could. They're all connected via KVM so I can switch between them at will. I also have a 4th slot on the KVM that I use for my work computer.

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got my lights for the room the other day. They're 3 individual LED strips that can be joined together - I installed the first one as a test, but I'll have to find some time to install the rest because I wanna remove the old wiring and light first, and that's gonna take some time. This is already 100 times better than the crappy flickering fluorescent light though.

Also I was a bit worried about how pairing this would go, as I'm using it with an Ikea gateway -> worked out of the box as if it was one of their own lights! The only issue is that I can't change between RGB and white light through the app - if I set a color in there it goes into RGB mode and won't go back. Luckily the Zigbee receiver has a button that can be used to toggle it, and when it's in white mode, I can adjust the brightness in the app and turn it on/off etc as long as I don't touch the color adjustments. So not a biggie.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Right now I'm basically a noob with cool toys.

I do hip hop and experimental / atmospheric [hard] rock / metal mostly. (No rap rock... It seems to be the worst of both worlds...)

I run DIs into my Scarlett 18i8 which output into 2 Saturnworks reamp boxes--one into the Roadster and the other into the OB1-500.

Usually if I'm arranging things across multiple instruments I'll end up writing things on either the piano or guitar first and then I learn it on whichever instrument I need to actually play it on.
The process is long and slow... :lol:

I have quite a few guitars and basses. I honestly think there's more diversity in sound among my basses than my guitars. Most of my guitars feel different more than anything.

The 3 PCs are for different shenanigans.

Far right is my music box; the one to the immediate left with the matching lighting is my dev box which I use mainly for [learning] animation, [learning] game dev and just playing games in general; and the far left one in the white case is a Hackikntosh built just to see ifI could. They're all connected via KVM so I can switch between them at will. I also have a 4th slot on the KVM that I use for my work computer.
Jeez that's fucking cool and I only noticed 2 PC God damn, there are 3?! I knew you had to be into something other than music if you had that many to separate the processes! Animation sounds even more complicated than creating videos/films.

I know what you mean about the long process of learning stuff, I'm there now myself but I wish you the best of luck with all your toys!

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here’s mine but I really don’t know what I’m doing with it yet I mainly just use it to learn songs with in my computer and get the volumes equal to my guitar and play with plug ins

Attachments

• 8E2DC659-0A53-4A26-AE09-79BA95CCDAC2.jpeg
    8E2DC659-0A53-4A26-AE09-79BA95CCDAC2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

4Eyes

Reaction score
I've made small one purpose halfrack, so I can mount and place my Fireface under the desk and have a cleaner desk space. I found cheap LCD screen stand, which fits FF with rack ears, I mounted it upside down to the desk, added some rack rails.. it's bit complicated for what it is, but I wanted it to look neat and cleam

20220320_145843.jpg

Latest posts