Sinead O'Connor, now a Muslim, upsets Muslims by hating white people...

• Thread starter PunkBillCarson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ims-calls-white-people-disgusting/1912720002/

Sinead O'Connor is back in the controversy spotlight.

The Irish singer, who announced she has converted to Islam and changed her name to Shuhada Davitt, took to Twitter on Tuesday to tell her followers that she doesn't want to spend time with white people ever again, calling them "disgusting."

"I'm terribly sorry," her tweet said. "What I'm about to say is something so racist I never thought my soul could ever feel it. But truly I never wanna spend time with white people again (if that's what non-muslims are called). Not for one moment, for any reason. They are disgusting."

Not sure how to embed tweets here but there were responses from some that she upset, including Muslims:

Ebony Ciantar: "There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab. Neither is the white superior over the black, nor is the black superior over the white, except by piety”Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)No matter what happens, have sabr it’s our superpower sis

fatima Sada: Easy sister. All are equal in the eyes of Allah...

She's also changed her name from Sinead O'Connor to Shuhada Devitt.

Didn't know if this belonged in general music or politics, but yeah... Here this is.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
You know when your mom would drag you to church, and there would be people who went WAY harder for Jesus than the other church goers?

They were new recent converts. They felt like they had to make up for lost Jesus and “prove” that they are really born again. You know to avoid a lake of fire and brimstone.

When people change from any religion to another there’s a tendency to go “all in” to prove they are serious.

But people do this when they get a new hobby too. Frank from the office starts taking golf lessons and likes it? By month 3 he’s going to own a $2-3k set of clubs and several fruity outfits. (CrossFit, Veganism, etc etc).

Shuhada is just trying to figure out where they belong.

That said it’s still offensive and seems to undermine the entire reason one would change faiths.

tedtan

Reaction score
"I'm terribly sorry," her tweet said. "What I'm about to say is something so racist I never thought my soul could ever feel it. But truly I never wanna spend time with white people again (if that's what non-muslims are called). Not for one moment, for any reason. They are disgusting."

That sounds like it's about religion rather than race.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
This is only going to do nothing but hurt the religion she has joined because ignorant people (which show up in droves) are only going to focus on HER comments on not those challenging her statements.

tedtan

Reaction score
Well according to that line, all non-Muslims are white even if they're black, Mexican, what have you...

You could interpret it that way, but I think she just meant that Muslims are typically people of a darker complexion. Not that it matters - I doubt anyone cares what she does/says/thinks these days.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
You could interpret it that way, but I think she just meant that Muslims are typically people of a darker complexion. Not that it matters - I doubt anyone cares what she does/says/thinks these days.

I know, I was making a joke. Poking fun at her idiocy.

lewis

Reaction score
Sinead O'Bomber

but in all seriousness, people just swapping religions or whatever is nonsense haha. This reeks of a fake life choice just to seem up with the times or something. Complete agenda. Either that or she has been brainwashed into going full die hard religious.

(i hate all religion...can you tell haha)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sinead O'Bomber

but in all seriousness, people just swapping religions or whatever is nonsense haha. This reeks of a fake life choice just to seem up with the times or something. Complete agenda. Either that or she has been brainwashed into going full die hard religious.

(i hate all religion...can you tell haha)
Eh, people want answers. You can convince yourself of anything if you want to badly enough. I doubt it was trying to seem trendy or brainwash, I bet she just thought something was missing in her life and convinced herself this filled that gap.

This is a non-story, either way.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
"More: Sinead O'Connor, in Facebook video, says she's battling mental illness"

Looks like she lost the battle... :donnie:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed that no one really nailed their commentary on this with a good "Nothing Compares 2 You" pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.