Slipknot Megathread- New Slipknot song & video/Firing of Chris Fehn

• Thread starter Triple-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
I just listened to Mate Feed Kill Repeat for the first time and I can say the most interesting and unique elements of their music where taken out and watered down to what the self titled album was. I can understand why the did it and why the self titled album was the success it was without those elements but by comparison the music is what you'd get like a person recovering from a stroke. I still enjoy the self titled album and it's simplicity does convey that raw emotion and energy but man does it get boring after a few songs.

If they had gone with the Mate Feed Kill Repeat direction however they'd most probably be still an underground band so good marketing choices and great idea to go with the whole family/united/uncompromising shtick. It works for young people all the time (worked for me at the 80's Thrash era).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on the song "Snap" by Slipknot, from the Jasion Vs. Freddy soundtrack? Apparently, it evolved into Spit it out, I could be wrong though, just hearsay.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. There's a few songs from the s/t era that didn't make it onto the main albums that are pretty good. Get This and Snap are two of those.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why not? He will get paid, regardless if he wins or not. Lawyers...

This. :agreed:

Even if he's "fired" from the band, he gets his royalties. They can't retroactively remove him from the album/song credits.

This could be a well calculated move on his part.

Worst case he might be banking on the rest of the band not wanting to drag this out and get a lump sum payment. He's almost 50. If he was considering retiring from the band this might be his way to "cash out".

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
You're right, my bad. Seth Putnam was a loser asshole racist homophobe. My bad.
Edit: who consistently made garbage music FOR incels and edgelords.
And yet he was able to literally tour (troll? ;) ) the world with a band he made in his attic for lulz.

Und du?

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
And yet he was able to literally tour (troll? ;) ) the world with a band he made in his attic for lulz.

Und du?
People pay money to see 5FDP and eat at McDonald's, doesn't make either of those things good or worth existing. If you're argument is "OH YEAH WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED?!?!?" you don't have an argument.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
People pay money to see 5FDP and eat at McDonald's, doesn't make either of those things good or worth existing. If you're argument is "OH YEAH WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED?!?!?" you don't have an argument.
You should thank me for even noticing you existed.

sleewell

Reaction score
man i still am loving the latest album. orphan is such a great song. i was super excited to see them in june but alas...

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
man i still am loving the latest album. orphan is such a great song. i was super excited to see them in june but alas...

Don’t remind me. I got a ticket to see them at Madison Square Garden and I splurged on probably the best ticket I could have gotten without being in the pit. Would have been my first time seeing them. Did The US your officially get cancelled yet?

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
They have yet to announce anything yet thus far. I splurged on this tour as well and got the VIP package. Holding out hope it isn't rescheduled til 2021, but am still waiting for any confirmation...

DilanWilliams

Reaction score
I think this is the best band. I am very glad that I managed to get to their concert in Europe before the quarantine. In general, I admire the talent and work of James Ruth. He's the best. Yes, if you compare the first and last albums, Corey Taylor's voice has changed for the better. This can be seen at the concert, as on live video it is completely different.

Acme

Reaction score
I had to look up who James Ruth is. :) Michael Thomasson and Corie Tyler are not bad either.